Poll: When do you think 7.2 will go live?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    Tomb will release on 20(US)/21(EU) June

Code:
    Square Enix announced that Final Fantasy XIV's Stormblood expansion will launch on June 20, 2017. Ther elease date was confirmed on Final Fantasy XIV's official Twitter account
    Seriously? More than 10 years of WoW and people still believe that Blizzard schedules their patches on the release of other games? As far as I remember, the only time that I happened was for SWTOR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Edit: Nada. March 25th, With ToS coming April 15th...
    If anything, ToS will open with 7.2.5 which should be 2 months after 7.2.

Deleted
    Well NH+7.1.5 was PTR'd for a few days less than 2 months, and the 7.2 PTR is up since more than a month now so yeah, my bet would be on latemarch, or early/mid april.

Patch: mid March to early April
    Raid: mid April to early May

Also keep an eye out on the ending of second Legion PVP season.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Didn't Blizzard admit that patches cam too fast in WoD and in Legion it will be a minimum of 6 months between tiers?
    What patches? WoD only had one patch. You're not entirely wrong though, they did feel that HFC could have waited a bit, whilst Tanaan Jungle desperately had to be released to give non-raiders something to do. However, since they've already stated that ToS won't be available at the release of 7.2, but some time later, the time since Nighthold's release is less important.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Hopefully not too soon, I hate when content feel rushed. I would love to see it in august/september. It would be stupid to release stuff in the summer and hasty if they release it this spring.
    ............................ Wut?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    It's been what , like a month since NH released ? So I'd say around 2-3 month from now
    The patch itself will release before the raid most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    The patch itself will release before the raid most likely
    Still though, it's very much associated with the raid. The dungeon will be included . I think once 7.2 releases , you won't be able to get ahead of the curve achievement. So I'd still say 2 months -ish till the patch releases , and slap 3-4 weeks on top of that for the raid . This is just speculation though .

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    Still though, it's very much associated with the raid. The dungeon will be included . I think once 7.2 releases , you won't be able to get ahead of the curve achievement. So I'd still say 2 months -ish till the patch releases , and slap 3-4 weeks on top of that for the raid . This is just speculation though .
    The achievement isn't really important anyway. There's a higher chance that they'll just remove the achievement from the game instead of postponing a patch just because of a simple achievement. They've done that in the past with realm firsts, so it can happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Estherna View Post
    Seriously? More than 10 years of WoW and people still believe that Blizzard schedules their patches on the release of other games?
    They do. /10char

raid will probably be released around may-june , its way to soon to release on march/april . IF they do that ,you can expect the last raid to last more than a year like previous expansions...

I'm going with may for patch release and July for raid release. That base building thing on the Broken shore will roughly take 1-2 months imo (think of Ilse of Thunder) with the raid releasing along the lines of 2 weeks after finishing the buildings.

Also, if the raid is not released by July, it'll be released in September, cuz Blizz wouldn't be so stupid to release a raid during summer vacation time.

Another option would be the raid opening when the new FF XIV expansion releases in mid June or so.

Deleted
    Assuming current tier must be going for 6 months: July for Tomb of Sargeras opening. As other posters have said, 2 months between 7.2 and ToS opening is plausible. So, Tomb of Sargeras will open in the 18th of July, while 7.2 drops in 16th of May.

That is my prediction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Estherna View Post
    Seriously? More than 10 years of WoW and people still believe that Blizzard schedules their patches on the release of other games? As far as I remember, the only time that I happened was for SWTOR.
    You mean this pretty common business strategy which is not exclusive to Blizzard or their games?

Some people need to chill.Basically u wont get the new raid probably before late June/mid july.There is something that is called mythic difficulty and some ppl want to do it,because not everyone is raiding it like top 10 guild.People who just go and yolo hc in 5 days and do nothin shouldn't even ask for the new raid.Why would u like for content to be rushed? In the end we will end up with like SoO or Hfc for a year or more.Dont start to be like the ppl who quiting the game cuz legendary system is rigged and ppl who say I dont want to invest any time into my char and just cry for new content.Enjoy it a bit,join a guild,do fun stuff not just crying for patches every month.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I voted June, although I could maybe see a July release date too. We've just had NH released so I doubt we'd see ToS so early, even if they would add the raid in later than the initial patch launch.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    When its done.
    This is the only acceptable answer.

Tomb of Sargeras will line up with the June release for FF XIV Stormblood, just wait for it. There is NO WAY they won't try to count the epic FF XIV expansion with something huge. I can't think of anything bigger that they can do other than Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras.
    As for the patch itself, around april I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    Blizzard has already stated that those achievements are tied to raid releases, not patch releases, so you will be able to get Curve wiht 7.2 just fine.
    Here, found the reference for that: https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...01867174981634

So while the dungeon will be included as well as the changes to the existing dungeons (difficulty changes), the Nighthold raid will just go on. It'll be soft-nerfed a bit since players gain power through the artifact changes, but thats all.

And judging from previous quest campaigns in Legion and their duration, it would seem likely to see at least 2 months between patch and raid opening.

To the question at hand, I expect 7.2 to arrive late march or early april.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2017-02-20 at 04:16 PM.

So if we get 7.2 in April/May, we will get 7.2. in around September/October, which means another year between the last major raid and the new expansion (again)