Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some time I'd love to visit the Netherlands, photography there would be amazing, but that's truly off-topic. hehe

I can admit I should have played that inkling closer attention that it's m.2 SATA and not NVMe, my bad, but just in case anyone finds this thread, that video is linked there and helps people to be sure that m.2 SATA aren't nearly, if at all, the heat problem NVMe ones are. ;D

I will say, my NVMe has been doing me a wonderful job with the Adobe CC suite. Lightroom, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro CC are all running very quick. Pair 12 logical processors with NVMe and lots of RAM and you've got a recipe for success.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Before... it's been a long time since I've made that mistake buddy.

If you want to talk about over-sensitive, how about letting your bad day affect your posting. Learn to control that, why don't you? Maybe you shouldn't post at all when you're in a bad mood?

Ever heard of leaving home drama at home when you go to work? Same idea.
    If you don't like it, ignore me, I have no issue with that. Sometimes, when in a bad mood, coming here, helping people and getting a thank you helps me feel better. I don't have too many other distractions here at work. Sometimes though, you get a guy arguing that a 5C difference is worth mentioning on an SSD that does not really affect anything at all and other people need to know he's wrong so they don't go thinking M.2 SATA drives are worthless pieces of crap that don't have a place anywhere when in reality they do. Maybe I should just avoid those certain people when in a bad mood, but whatever, I've not broken any rules so I really don't care. You always have the option of ignoring me though. Maybe that would have been better than de-railing the thread as you did.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    If you don't like it, ignore me, I have no issue with that. Sometimes, when in a bad mood, coming here, helping people and getting a thank you helps me feel better. I don't have too many other distractions here at work. Sometimes though, you get a guy arguing that a 5C difference is worth mentioning on an SSD that does not really affect anything at all and other people need to know he's wrong so they don't go thinking M.2 SATA drives are worthless pieces of crap that don't have a place anywhere when in reality they do. Maybe I should just avoid those certain people when in a bad mood, but whatever, I've not broken any rules so I really don't care. You always have the option of ignoring me though. Maybe that would have been better than de-railing the thread as you did.
    Derailing wasn't the original intention, as I'm sure you actually know. Whether you'll admit that or not is yet to be seen.

I really find it funny though, how much you're letting this affect you.

Here, would this help your precious soul out? I'm sorry I made a simple mistake and then @Evildeffy started talking about trying to beat me up, and beer, and cola, or something.

Feel better?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Derailing wasn't the original intention, as I'm sure you actually know. Whether you'll admit that or not is yet to be seen.

I really find it funny though, how much you're letting this affect you.

Here, would this help your precious soul out? I'm sorry I made a simple mistake and then @Evildeffy started talking about trying to beat me up, and beer, and cola, or something.

Feel better?
    You're sure I actually know that? Really? I mean, I don't see how this:

You could be a little less rude in how you tell me how pointless my post is. Yeesh.

All you had to do was say "hey Deltrus, that's true, but we are specifically talking sata m.2. Thanks though!"

Instead you went on a mini rant showing you are still quite the internet tough guy who can't bare to miss an opportunity to tell someone off.
    Could possibly be considered anything but de-railing. Nothing about the OP or current discussion. Just a complaint about the way I presented information and an insult, nothing more. How is that possibly intended to be anything other than a thread de-railment? If it wasn't meant to derail the thread, it would have had information relevant to the discussion at hand. It was no more than whining and name calling.

15+ Year Old Account
    made me laugh.

Guys, more please.

OT, my M.2 SATA SSD underload, and yes I tested it just to see, runs at 41C and its under my video card. In this rig its a Samsung 850 EVO M.2 Sata SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    made me laugh.

Guys, more please.

OT, my M.2 SATA SSD underload, and yes I tested it just to see, runs at 41C and its under my video card. In this rig its a Samsung 850 EVO M.2 Sata SSD
    Be careful! Fascinate may come in and call you ignorant and that heat will kill it because he's not done any research and he must be right, right?
    M.2 SATA SSD is also a useless form factor that has no benefits in taking over a 2,5" SATA SSD!

If you didn't guess already it was an obvious jab.. in all seriousness though, and this is an example I want to give to Fascinate, WHY did you pick an M.2 SATA SSD?
    I mean the full-on thought process behind the choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Be careful! Fascinate may come in and call you ignorant and that heat will kill it because he's not done any research and he must be right, right?
    M.2 SATA SSD is also a useless form factor that has no benefits in taking over a 2,5" SATA SSD!

If you didn't guess already it was an obvious jab.. in all seriousness though, and this is an example I want to give to Fascinate, WHY did you pick an M.2 SATA SSD?
    I mean the full-on thought process behind the choice.
    No sata cables hiding behind the motherboard tray or sata power cables coming from the psus as they are modular. My son comes up for work 2-3 times a week and stays at our house, this PC is for him to play wow on.

I have the Intel 600p 512GB in mine, it does reach around 49c under a 60GB ISO transfer.
    Last edited by moremana; 2017-02-26 at 05:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No sata cables hiding behind the motherboard tray or sata power cables coming from the psus as they are modular. My son comes up for work 2-3 times a week and stays at our house, this PC is for him to play wow on.

I have the Intel 600p 512GB in mine, it does reach around 49c under a 60GB ISO transfer.
    So the reasons you chose it are cable management and simplicity, just like I mentioned prior.
    Who would have thought there were people who pick M.2 SATA SSDs for the choices I mentioned. (Jab @ Fascinate again)

Also your temperature points are exactly what I meant in the beginning.
    The Samsung 850 EVO is a SATA M.2 SSD where the Intel 600p is an NVMe M.2 SSD.

At any point in time the heat generated by an NVMe SSD is higher than a SATA based one.
    And the SATA based one does not reach any relevant heat levels.

15+ Year Old Account
    So the reasons you chose it are cable management and simplicity, just like I mentioned prior.
    Who would have thought there were people who pick M.2 SATA SSDs for the choices I mentioned. (Jab @ Fascinate again)

Also your temperature points are exactly what I meant in the beginning.
    The Samsung 850 EVO is a SATA M.2 SSD where the Intel 600p is an NVMe M.2 SSD.

At any point in time the heat generated by an NVMe SSD is higher than a SATA based one.
    And the SATA based one does not reach any relevant heat levels.
    Yep yep.
    I agree with the use of M.2s where possible. I have had a few for a long time in my personal machines, I have never had an issue with heat, and 2 of the 3 PCs I own they are all behind the video card. NVMe users may find them a little warm, but most wont throttle until over 70-80c.

Most manufacturers are starting to make them on black and blue pcbs, I wish crucial would use black, but I am also waiting for their NVMe's to come out as they currently only offer sata ones.

My company uses them as boot drives for our surveillance DVRs and WD Purples for storage. We use the 250GB Samsung 850 Evo, I think we may switch to Crucial 275GB after this current stock runs out.

You and Lathias brought me some laughter though, this thread was entertaining. Something I havent seen here in a long time.

Onto the cooling of sata ssd vs m.2s, I agree with you on that. The ssd housed in a plastic shroud is not going to get cooler. It isnt attached to a heat conducting source for the fans to blow it off. The heat just sits in the housing. Those plastic sata ssd are not pulling the heat of the pcb.
    Last edited by moremana; 2017-02-26 at 01:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep yep.
    I agree with the use of M.2s where possible. I have had a few for a long time in my personal machines, I have never had an issue with heat, and 2 of the 3 PCs I own they are all behind the video card. NVMe users may find them a little warm, but most wont throttle until over 70-80c.

Most manufacturers are starting to make them on black and blue pcbs, I wish crucial would use black, but I am also waiting for their NVMe's to come out as they currently only offer sata ones.

My company uses them as boot drives for our surveillance DVRs and WD Purples for storage. We use the 250GB Samsung 850 Evo, I think we may switch to Crucial 275GB after this current stock runs out.

You and Lathias brought me some laughter though, this thread was entertaining. Something I havent seen here in a long time.

Onto the cooling of sata ssd vs m.2s, I agree with you on that. The ssd housed in a plastic shroud is not going to get cooler. It isnt attached to a heat conducting source for the fans to blow it off. The heat just sits in the housing. Those plastic sata ssd are not pulling the heat of the pcb.
    I'm glad we could make you laugh...

But to me seeing such ignorance as Fascinate's and continued arguments over issues that are literally non-existant is aggravating to say the least.
    The funnier thing is that in a later thread he actually names looks as a reason to upgrade whilst dissing it in this post as one.

Do you know how seriously brain cell killing it is to watch him post the stuff that he does that is so incorrect even a person with an IQ of 10 would laugh at?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad we could make you laugh...

But to me seeing such ignorance as Fascinate's and continued arguments over issues that are literally non-existant is aggravating to say the least.
    The funnier thing is that in a later thread he actually names looks as a reason to upgrade whilst dissing it in this post as one.

Do you know how seriously brain cell killing it is to watch him post the stuff that he does that is so incorrect even a person with an IQ of 10 would laugh at?

LOL ... I wont pick on him to bad, I know hes just trying to help, however posting misleading info isn't good and sometimes they do need correcting.

I try not to get into arguments on here anymore, but sometimes I cant help myself