Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Does France even have anybody else as far on the right, besides Le Pen, as the Republicans?
    Even Le Pen is not that far right compared to some of Americas republican. The real problem is shes Authoritarian borderline facism. Fillon and Macron are both for strict Immigration. If she makes it to second round and she face someone else that sides with her for immigration already, the choice is easy to make for most. If shes the only one in the second round with the immigration policy, she will win.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    What values are those?

I am curious to know the prairies are fairly right wing and Quebec is self servering. What exactly do we share with non anglophone countries?
    The value of caring about your own population and bettering everyone's lifes instead of chasing boogeyman like evil Muslimz, slavs, Mehicans while the newly elected party is busy filling their & their friends pockets and being a shit partner in world affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    The value of caring about your own population and bettering everyone's lifes instead of chasing boogeyman like evil Muslimz, slavs, Mehicans while the newly elected party is busy filling their & their friends pockets and being a shit partner in world affairs.
    None of that has anything to do with facism. Do you really want to make this word meaningless like you did with racist and sexist?

For gods sake read a dictionary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Canadians may speak English, but they share more values with the non-anglophone western countries. That was the point.
    So true, Russia only wishes it had more European values than Canada does.

Le Pen will do better then her father, but her second round score is easy to predict. Take her % in the first round and add 5%. That what shell get in second round. My prediction 35-40%.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Le Pen will do better then her father, but her second round score is easy to predict. Take her % in the first round and add 5%. That what shell get in second round. My prediction 35-40%.
    She's at about 40% to 45% in her polling when it comes to the 2nd round.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Keep rooting for the fascists.
    Keep throwing these buzzwords at anyone and everyone with whom you disagree, then wonder why no one takes you seriously and vote for said people.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    She's at about 40% to 45% in her polling when it comes to the 2nd round.
    Second rounds usually hard to exactly predict i think 45 % is unlikely 40% probably.

This is bad news for the anti-Le Pen folks. Regardless of the context, it's only going to emphasize the 'Establishment vs. Le Pen' narrative and fan the flames to her populism.

She is going to win.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep rooting for the fascists.
    Keep calling anything you don't agree with Fascist

You guys have nearly become as bad as the people that use the word "literally" instead of "figuratively"

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Keep throwing these buzzwords at anyone and everyone with whom you disagree, then wonder why no one takes you seriously and vote for said people.
    But in this case Le Pen is actually as far as facism representative has been for more then a century in the republic lol. Trump is an angel.

7+ Year Old Account
    Second rounds usually hard to exactly predict i think 45 % is unlikely 40% probably.
    I heard the same thing when it came to Trump during the Republican primaries and in the general election. I even heard it in my own country when it came to the parliamentary elections. Everyone said the left wing party in Romania would get just 40%. They ended up getting 46% of the votes and that in the context where we had about 8 parties running.

So dismiss Le Pen's chance at your peril. She can win. There's no scandal that would sink her after everything that's been said about her already, but there are numerous scandals that can hurt Macron and Fillon.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    You seem be confused as to how politics work.
    Most people are not going to vote for somebody because some people see that person as a fascist.

None of that has anything to do with facism. Do you really want to make this word meaningless like you did with racist and sexist?

For gods sake read a dictionary.
    You asked me about values, don't connect an answer to a question you didn't ask.

- - - Updated - - -

Why did you delete the other part of the post? Did it hit too close to home?

You asked me about values, don't connect an answer to a question you didn't ask.
    Save face if you must. Any other words you plan to butcher in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    I heard the same thing when it came to Trump during the Republican primaries and in the general election. I even heard it in my own country when it came to the parliamentary elections. Everyone said the left wing party in Romania would get just 40%. They ended up getting 46% of the votes and that in the context where we had about 8 parties running.

So dismiss Le Pen's chance at your peril. She can win. There's no scandal that would sink her after everything that's been said about her already, but there are numerous scandals that can hurt Macron and Fillon.
    Again missing the difference between america and France. The first round is nothing like a nomination for a party. First round is still a full popular vote with two winners that can both represent the same ideology.

I never said she cant win, infact in this thread i said she can win. Not if she goes against someone else that agrees with her on immigration already. Thats her whole actual selling point. If Trump faced against another republican nominated and no hillary, he would have lost simply because its math. The republican vote would be split and the democrat vote would be funneled into who the democrats hates the least.

The system is in places exactly for that reason, so that a shift is never too far to the extreme. Its a better system than Electoral College, which leaves it to individuals to counter a troublesome representative. The system itself weeds it out.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-02-20 at 10:49 PM.

Le Pen absolutely can win, but it all depends on who she goes up against in the second turn. Against Macron, she has a fair chance. Against Fillon she would most likely have lost, but it looks like his chances to get to the 2nd turn are tanking these days.

It's doubtful that the story hurts her much, what with all the anti-establishment wave she rides on (and anyone who doesn't despise the EU already won't vote for her), but it may harm her credibility towards some right-wing people.

Save face if you must. Any other words you plan to butcher in the near future?
    Not my problem you don't have the ability to track a quote conversation between 2 people. Maybe you'll get there some day and you can come back and I'll give you my words list.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    But in this case Le Pen is actually as far as facism representative has been for more then a century in the republic lol. Trump is an angel.
    You confuse the people you argue here on MMOC with people who know their shit and don't just simply cheer for the people who weren't as mean to Trump and who hate Muslims the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a mistake to make Lepen looks like a martyr. The police inadvertently made her more likely to win.

Please don't let her get elected. You don't want her there, at all.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Rumors say the French Police is also looking for evidence of illegal foreign funding.
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)