Retribution Paladin With Low DPS for ILVL Need Help!

Hello,

A Ret paladin on my raid team consistently has low DPS for his ilvl (talking around 20-percentile on most fights at 897). I used to play Ret pally and tried looking at his logs but I'm not familiar enough with the class to pinpoint exactly what he's doing wrong. I've noticed his cast #s are very low for the length of the fight, so that may have something to do with it. Here's logs for Normal Krosus and Heroic Spellblade (we do heroic on Krosus as well but it's the same there too).

I can't post links yet, but the report string is:

HkgjCcmYG3Ja7NZr

I appreciate any input. We could really use his high ilvl to push progression if he could fix his DPS.

Please copy paste the link or give us the name and realm. The string you provided did not go through for me.

Deleted
    He seems to have taken consecration and greater judgement for that fight, which aren't exactly the strongest talents. Greater judgement can have some niche effect on fights like spellblade, but it's not going to be worth it in the end. The same for consecration. For his first talent he should just take final verdict for the 10% Divine storm damage and 20% templar's verdict damage since when comparing his logs with others, his templar's verdict damage is really low. The reason for this is probably because he has a lot of down time coming from using greater judgement and divine hammer together, so it means he can't generate as much holy power as fast as others and this is really critical for using crusade (which is what he seems to be doing). His legendary ring should help, but if he took zeal, instead of greater judgement, he'd get more casts out, be able to use templar's verdict/divine storm more and thus be able to take advantage of the final verdict increased damage - whilst also getting those 15 stacks during crusade faster, which would again buff his damage. He's fine to use consecration since it won't have as great of an effect as greater judgement would but still feel he'd be better off with just taking final verdict and zeal. Also, the logs only show him using 1 pot (this might be because he used a prolonged power potion for his second one and because it isn't a damage source but a buff it won't show) so he should really be prepotting. Finally, he should be using his crazed trinket a lot more since i've heard it's pretty good and he should be able to get another 2-3 casts in within the duration of the fight.

Chronomatic Anomaly:
    Judgment usage:
    35/38 Templar's Verdicts used in Judgment window
    9/12 Execution Sentences used in Judgment window
    7/10 Divine Storms used in Judgment Window
    Your paladins Judgment usage is decent, not good, not mediocre. Decent, having said that an increase in the amount used during Judgment , even if the total casts of X Holy Spender decreases, is a dps increase.
    Casts:
    Your paladin couldve used 2 more Wake of Ashes within the time frame of this fight, he severely gimped his dps by missing out on 10 holy power. He is also missing out on a few seconds on a third possible Crusade.

Holy Power:
    Your paladin wasted 11 holy power or almost 4 hoy power Spenders.

Talents:
    He is using the proper set up for the most part. However, Divine Hammers is better than Blade of Wrath always. Divine Hammer deals Holy damage and as such does many times more damage than the physical Blade of Justice. Even when factoring the procs of Blade of Wrath, Divine Hammers wins. Especially when there are more than one targets.

Your Paladin needs to work on his Holy Power usage and class mechanics. He should not be using Execution Sentence, PERIOD. The only fight where it has a chance of being stronger than Final Verdict is Krosus, even on Star Argur Divine Storm may be a handy tool for damage. And even then your Paladin can not use Execution Sentence properly.

Thank you for the feedback guys, this really helps how I can address the problem. Can anyone provide a specific analysis on Krosus? It was one of his higher parses, but still only 30~%, and I want to bring up to middle of the pack in that fight since it's pretty basic.

I think his biggest problem, besides sometimes not using spenders on judgement debuff, is that he takes way to much time between casts (0.2s here and there make a lot of a diference) for some reason and he is not using and there are some huge gaps between execution sentences
    AKA: he needs to face a dummy and practice his rotation

10+ Year Old Account
    For assistance with Retribution DPS, please use the appropriate thread.

Closing.