Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    One of the unique of the priests is being the only class with 2 healer specs on the game... both being inferior on average in a lot of situations (thanks druid/shamans), but still... at least it require thought to use it (i laugh everytime my RL tries healing on disc spec)

Random Rant:
    Remove Mind Vision and give us back Mind Soothe pls... vision is 200% pointless while soothe gives utility (possible skips on m+)
    Or make my dream come truth and give us a discipline build that allow it to be a cloth tank (there is a lot of possibles talents slots for that like fucking Shadow Convenant, Schism, Benediction, Clarity of Will, Masochism, Solace)...

Quote Originally Posted by barnicle View Post
    Or make my dream come truth and give us a discipline build that allow it to be a cloth tank (there is a lot of possibles talents slots for that like fucking Shadow Convenant, Schism, Benediction, Clarity of Will, Masochism, Solace)...
    Yep, totally agree with this. Disc is a healing abomination, and being a tank fits its class fantasy almost perfectly, while being healer is not. (Wanna proof? Read artifact journal about light's wrath).
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by barnicle View Post
    Random Rant:
    Remove Mind Vision and give us back Mind Soothe pls... vision is 200% pointless while soothe gives utility (possible skips on m+)
    Leave Mind Vision. Rather give it back the range it still proclaims to have (unlimited).
    I still use frequently it to direct people who do not know how to use a map and I would hate to lose the spell I had a good time with spying on Undercity all the way from Booty Bay back before BC.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    - Two different specs for healing. Might not be appealing for most, but for people that like healing and different healing styles (like me), it's something.
    - Unique utilities: Mind Control, Leap of Faith, Mass Dispel. (Mass Dispel alone is very useful in a number of situations, and it's available for our DPS spec too)
    - Holy priests can heal for some time after dying (Spirit Healer form). Arguably self-resurrecting and/or battle rez are more useful, but this is unique.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by zinfandel View Post
    We got shafted. Over the various xpansions but especially vanilla priest used to have the best resurrect spells. Then people moaned that in 5 man you needed a priest to have those spells. So all other healers got their res spells boosted. Priest got nada in return.

IMHO Vanilla shaman probably had the most - self-res, water walk, water breath (back when that mattered), and 15min extra HS when main HS was 60 mins. Alwads felt jealous of them.
    Reincarnation gave you ressurection sickness for most of Vanilla and required a mat and had a much longer CD than the warlock's Soulstone ability. Water Walk and Water Breathing both required silly mats (unlike the Priest Levitate and Warlock water breathing) and Astral Recall had a 30min CD, not 15.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Reincarnation gave you ressurection sickness for most of Vanilla and required a mat and had a much longer CD than the warlock's Soulstone ability. Water Walk and Water Breathing both required silly mats (unlike the Priest Levitate and Warlock water breathing) and Astral Recall had a 30min CD, not 15.
    Wasn't that the time when they had approximately thirty different totems to choose from and one of those could tank nearly anything that ran around in the open world?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Wasn't that the time when they had approximately thirty different totems to choose from and one of those could tank nearly anything that ran around in the open world?
    Plenty of totems yes, some which were odd (Sentry), some which were very niche (Windwall) and sure, there was a totem that could tank, Stoneclaw, but it was terrible, it had low hp and couldn't hold aggro. TBC gave us Earth Elemental totem which helped.

My point was; that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Deleted
    unlike the Priest Levitate
    As far as i know , in TBC i used to farm light feathers for levitate and buy candles for prayer of fortitude and spirit and shadow protection. Just a correction for the record.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killedbydeath View Post
    As far as i know , in TBC i used to farm light feathers for levitate and buy candles for prayer of fortitude and spirit and shadow protection. Just a correction for the record.
    I stand corrected.

Plenty of totems yes, some which were odd (Sentry), some which were very niche (Windwall) and sure, there was a totem that could tank, Stoneclaw, but it was terrible, it had low hp and couldn't hold aggro. TBC gave us Earth Elemental totem which helped.

My point was; that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
    They were a lot of fun and certainly unique, which is the topic of this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killedbydeath View Post
    I'm not sure if I did farm light feathers for levitate, but I sure use a lot of them as a mage,

More or less every utility spell had mats in vanilla & tbc. On wipe nights used to have to port to town, but about 300 candles to share amongst the other priests (we prob had too many priests & you had to buff each 5man group in the raid seperately)

Mind Control. That's our unique thing, how good it is, pretty debatable. But all the unique things listed are. That's what we can do that nobody else can. It used to give us the ability to gain some unique buffs from certain mobs back in the Burning Crusade, I honestly have no idea if there's anything like that in legion.

Travel related, no, we did not get anything. But Mind Control is the thing that only we can do. (Barring professions of course, but there's items that let you portal and other such stuff.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hablelol View Post
    Class fantasy.
    You're a Priest, you heal people. It's what you do! IT'S IN YOUR BLOOD BRO. WOO!
    WOOOOOO!

Hell Yes! Priests FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Back in vanilla they even had racial specific abilities, undead had devouring plague, trolls had shadow orbs, night elves had starshards and others had other things.
    Omg I miss that!
    Last edited by Violent; 2017-03-09 at 06:05 AM.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

I wish we could rez in combat, but we have a lot of other utility we use in raids. I'm mainly shadow and mind bomb on add heavy fights is OP.

Shadow Priests got their insanity-voidform mechanic... which is bloody rubbish for PvP unfortunately.

Well, let's see. In the immediate state, Shadow Priests have an amazing lore-weapon that speaks to them about where we're most likely going in future. They even have interactions all over the world, not to mention inside of the Emerald Nightmare and what not. But as for Discipline and Holy.. meh.

Holy Priests, I feel, will be getting their glory day around some time when we visit Argus because if you look at our weapon (spoilers?! not really) it's a piece of a Naaru named T'uure. And if you've read your Artifact Knowledge anthology provided in the class hall (and know about TBC/Draenei Lore/etc.) then you know that T'uure should be hella' important in Argus.

Discipline, I'm afraid however, will probably be left in the dust. It's an on-the-fence specialization that has both players and devs a little confused as to where to go with them. It's as if they've already reached their destination, and there is no journey to truly be had anymore. Well, maybe. The more demons there are the more relevant Discipline's artifact will become and thus Discipline itself.

P.S. Some of you are recommending re-styling Discipline. I say get rid of it AND GIVE ME A BARD GOD DAMMIT.
    Woops, sorry. Bard-fanaticism got the best of me.