Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Is MMO-champ really comparable to wowheads stuff though? They literally have dataphising and veeeery frequently ads with sound.

Deleted
    Holy shit guize! Webpages can include content from other websites!!11 Revolution.
    Run a adblocker and be done with it - or subscribe to premium service that removes ads (if it's offered). Sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Holy shit guize! Webpages can include content from other websites!!11 Revolution.
    The Ad agency Curse uses has been known (Several number of times in the past) to have malware / infectious software, a long with ads that use -insane- amounts of resources.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Get rid of adblock or adblock pro - install uBlock Origin Once you do that, then click on the icon for it in the top right hand corner (in Chrome) to see all the details.
    Many thanks

Ya idk if its related or what, but whenever I load the website on my phone it just starts crushing my battery. Like if I left it on for 10 minutes it would be down 15 percent.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    The Ad agency Curse uses has been known (Several number of times in the past) to have malware / infectious software, a long with ads that use -insane- amounts of resources.
    No shit sherlock? Use adblocker

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Ya idk if its related or what, but whenever I load the website on my phone it just starts crushing my battery. Like if I left it on for 10 minutes it would be down 15 percent.
    Many things could be related to that.
    Especially leaving your phone screen on its brightest setting while going through the website will drain any phone quickly.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    This site is absolutely horrible on a phone. Unless there's a mobile skin I'm not aware of? If you're gonna post here on a phone use Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Webpages can include content from other websites!!
    Indeed, now that you have found that out - the thread is about the over the top quantity MMO-C has ... nothing to do with your newly acquired knowledge.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Heallygood View Post
    It's even worse on a phone.
    I second this.
    sometimes I'm just reading and a new tab opens and your phone vibrates like an earthquake and the tab says you got a virus

Can I ask what tool you are running to block these?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Indeed, now that you have found that out - the thread is about the over the top quantity MMO-C has ... nothing to do with your newly acquired knowledge.
    Also the thread has nothing to do with this forum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I second this.
    sometimes I'm just reading and a new tab opens and your phone vibrates like an earthquake and the tab says you got a virus
    Or it closes your browser and opens your app store automatically :/

I'm all for whitelisting sites I visit frequently but there's absolutely no way I could visit this site without an adblocker

Deleted
    The Internet today is mainly monetized by two different ways: 1) Ads or 2) Subscription services.
    It can be argued that both of these suck or at least have more cons than pros.

But that's where we are.

Now that you know that sites will be doing either 1 or 2 - *and* you know that the Internet advertising jungle is mostly made up of actors who don't give two fucks about quality and *additionally* you also know that ad networks are always going to be targets for rogue malware ads, due to being very good "bang for buck" vector for for the bad guys.

Armed with all that basic knowledge - what are you going to do?

You know site owners have to make money, so they keep cramming in ads - and sooner or later one is going to be a bad one and infect you. You also know they'll be datamining the shit out of you, because YOU are the product that makes money.

Bottom line is: You are responsible for protecting your stuff. You do it either by installing, configuring and maintaining adblocker along with healthy browsing habits - or you pay for the premium service (if it's available).

You can't change much else. Neither can site owners or content creators. They will keep cramming in ads/datamining plugins so that they can keep the sites running and get paid.

You can't outsource the security of your browser/computer to the site you're browsing. If you do, you're going to get burned sooner or later. The Internet isn't full of static HTML pages anymore.

It's your responsibility to keep your browser safe.
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2017-02-21 at 04:40 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How dare you try to provide funding for this site @chaud.

How dare you not pay for this site out of pocket so these ungrateful pricks have a free site to come visit and use.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    How dare you try to provide funding for this site @chaud.

How dare you not pay for this site out of pocket so these ungrateful pricks have a free site to come visit and use.
    You can be a dick all you want, but speaking for myself and I'm guessing most of others: I would've turned uBlock off for MMO-C if it wasn't such an browser raping site.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    You can be a dick all you want, but speaking for myself and I'm guessing most of others: I would've turned uBlock off for MMO-C if it wasn't such an browser raping site.

Never had any problems on here myself. And anytime I've found a bad ad, they have a thread so you can report it and get it removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Never had any problems on here myself. And anytime I've found a bad ad, they have a thread so you can report it and get it removed.
    Good for you with the golden browser, I suppose everybody else in the world having problems are just faking it for the hell of it.

Also

they have a thread so you can report it and get it removed.
    Yeah I'll do their work for them (I'm not talking about volunteer moderators, rather those who make money off this mess; be it Curse or some super mods), should I quit my job to safeguard MMO-C of ads too?
    Last edited by Justpassing; 2017-02-21 at 05:28 PM.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Good for you with the golden browser, I suppose everybody else in the world having problems are just faking it for the hell of it.

Did I say in anyway that you might not be having problems? Or did I just state that I wasn't having problems?

Sure you might be having issues with ads. that why I brought up there is a thread dedicated to removing bad ads.

I run Adblock on my pc simply because of YouTube, but on my mobile I never have any issues. One big add across the top is all I can see