Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah I'll do their work for them (I'm not talking about volunteer moderators, rather those who make money off this mess; be it Curse or some super mods), should I quit my job to safeguard MMO-C of ads too?

Or don't use the site if it is that bad for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Or don't use the site if it is that bad for you.
    Oooor I'll just not listen to some random dude and do what I want. Sorry bra.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

15+ Year Old Account
    Id pay an annual sum of money for no ads on this site, say 10euros or something, if like 5-10% did that, im sure they could cut down ads or even remove em (hopefully)
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I'm not really sure what this topic is about. There are lots of trackers that come with ads. There are other trackers we use to measure the amount of traffic on the site, site performance, and other things. Ads are the only way we can afford to pay people and keep the site online.

If you come across a bad ad, please report it. There are tens of thousands of possible ads that users can see, so we can't screen them all. We use ad networks that attempt to do so, but occasionally something annoying like autoplaying audio slips through.

We don't have a subscription service to disable ads currently, but it is something we have thought about. I'm not sure many people would be willing to pay for no ads and cosmetic perks though.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    If you come across a bad ad, please report it.
    I'm literally unable to use the site with my ad blocker turned off. There is just far too much stuff around the edges and moving that I can't read the content.

MMO-C is one of only 3 or 4 sites on the internet that'd I'd pay to use - but I'm aware that pay to use creates other issues with a forum style site.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Because I block everything on both sites due to extensive invasive and infected advertising - I don't see any performance issues.

Here is a list of domains MMO-C front page links to:

2mdn.net
    adtechus.com
    ajax.googleapis.com
    akamaized.net
    criteo.net
    crwdcntrl.net
    curse.com
    cursecdn.com
    cloudfront.net
    doubleclick.net
    facebook.com
    facebook.net
    google.com
    googletagmanager.com
    googletagservices.com
    gstatic.com
    imasdk.googleapis.com
    jquery.com
    jtvnw.net
    mixpanel.com
    pingdom.net
    scorecardresearch.com
    springserve.com
    ttvnw.net
    twitch.tv
    twitter.com
    yahooapis.com
    youtube.com
    ytimg.com
    to be fair two of those are used on pretty much every single site out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Oooor I'll just not listen to some random dude and do what I want. Sorry bra.
    uhm okay he was just giving a suggestion. why so hostile?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.