Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why didn't Sylvanas reconquer Quel'Thalas?

Why did she go after Lordaeron? What ties did she have to Lordaeron wanting to conquer it with Varimathras?

Also why didn't Varimathras just take the hit from Sylvanas in the first place and get killed by her if they can just respawn in the Twisting Nether anyways?

I mean to reconquer it from the Quel'Thalas Scourge at the time she besieged the Lordaeron Scourge with Varimathras in WC3. Why go after Lordaeron when she could have taken back Quel''Thalas from the Scourge instead, and build her own kingdom there?
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2017-02-23 at 07:38 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Because killing her own people < taking Lordaeron from the scourge

As for Varimathras, because it let him and Balzannar come up with a new scheme.

Also majority of the forsaken are from Lordearon.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-02-21 at 04:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say because of the Blood Elves survivors who were trying to rebuild.

Sylvanas was already in Lordaeron because that was the Scourge's main base in the area. Most of the forsaken are Lordaeron citizens who were raised.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    Why did she go after Lordaeron? What ties did she have to Lordaeron wanting to conquer it with Varimathras?

Also why didn't Varimathras just take the hit from Sylvanas in the first place and get killed by her if they can just respawn in the Twisting Nether anyways?
    Why get killed and spend time regenerating in the Twisting Nether (a process that we don't have a timeline for), when you can pretend to kill your "brother" and infiltrate from the inside?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

7+ Year Old Account
    why in the world would she conquer her own homeland?

Formerly known as Arafal

Dunno really, I'd guess dying has a way of repriotising your goals.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Dunno really, I'd guess dying has a way of repriotising your goals.
    even in undeath she sends forsaken to save the blood elves from being overrun. Sure she later forces the blood elves to fight in northrend but she saved them regardless.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Erm... because the elves were still alive, there...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas had a vendetta against Arthas. Lordaeron was his kingdom.

Sylvanas was stuck in the middle of the dreadlords and Scourge forces with only a very small army of herself, she didn't even have the manpower to conquer Quel'Thalas if she wanted to. So she had to fully focus her attention on getting the dreadlords out of the way, with the Scourge remaining idle as Arthas was traveling to Northrend.

Varimathras joining Sylvanas despite him being able to revive in the Twisting Nether is because................ they didn't actually come up with this ''demons always ress'' bullshit. I wonder if the WC3 writers are rolling their eyes over this decision, hopefully they are not the same guys.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The remaining blood elves were never a direct enemy of the Forsaken, and the Ghostlands were still plagued with scourge projection from Deathholme (an old undead base Arthas set up in Warcraft 3 timeline). The Blood Elves also were more occupied with containing their magic thirst and not conquering, as the majority of the elves went to outland with Kael'thas.

Eastern plaguelands also was a very deadly area anyway, so accessing quel'thalas was a problem itself, before blood elves joined the horde.

The area was held by major scourge and scarlet crusade camps, and the argent dawn alone did not have the power to face both threats either until they expanded and recruited many other races, including forsaken into their ranks (vanilla wow)

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    The remaining blood elves were never a direct enemy of the Forsaken, and the Ghostlands were still plagued with scourge projection from Deathholme (an old undead base Arthas set up in Warcraft 3 timeline). The Blood Elves also were more occupied with containing their magic thirst and not conquering, as the majority of the elves went to outland with Kael'thas.

Eastern plaguelands also was a very deadly area anyway, so accessing quel'thalas was a problem itself, before blood elves joined the horde.

The area was held by major scourge and scarlet crusade camps, and the argent dawn alone did not have the power to face both threats either until they expanded and recruited many other races, including forsaken into their ranks (vanilla wow)
    Only 15% of the population went with Kael'thas to Outland.

OT

She was stationed in Lordaeron and the troops she freed were citizens of that kingdom and she decided to use them, so it had to be lordaeron, because they needed proper motivation, fighting for their home, their lost lives and future, were enslaved and most importantly vengeance against the very one who took it all from them. Arthas being their king was just the cherry on top of it all.

Deleted
    She did "reconquered" Quel'Thalas, by helping the Blood Elves with supplies and forces, as we saw in the Ghostlands. That way, Quel'thalas became strongly tied with the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Varimathras joining Sylvanas despite him being able to revive in the Twisting Nether is because................ they didn't actually come up with this ''demons always ress'' bullshit. I wonder if the WC3 writers are rolling their eyes over this decision, hopefully they are not the same guys.
    If that were the case, then mannoroth should had be only mention as a pit lord who fought in the war of ancients, since he claim during his apparition how hard was his battle against cenarius and since cenarius is still alive after that war, kinda implied the demons can return at any moment

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    If that were the case, then mannoroth should had be only mention as a pit lord who fought in the war of ancients, since he claim during his apparition how hard was his battle against cenarius and since cenarius is still alive after that war, kinda implied the demons can return at any moment
    Or maybe, he didnt die.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Or maybe, he didnt die.
    I am sure Cenarius will never spare a demon and much less if had the same power, unless somehow he managed to banish him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    I am sure Cenarius will never spare a demon and much less if had the same power, unless somehow he managed to banish him
    he was pulled back into the nether when the well collapsed. He didn't die.
    Holy shit lol

To be honest, as warchief now they could send her butt back there. The area has been quietly sat there minding it's own business like Gilneas was so, they could fabricate her returning and seeing what's there. I always wondered why it was almost abandoned or never mentioned, though I do get why she went to Lordaeron for multiple reasons but ultimately leaving Quel'thalas as it is for so long and not setting foot in there again... you would eventually go back right?

Arthas conquered her land, she conquered his

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Sylvanas had a vendetta against Arthas. Lordaeron was his kingdom.
    This. She might be a zombie, but Sylvanas is still an Elf. But she hates humans for abandoning her people to the Scourge (whether it was justified or not - you might recall a role reversal on the Broken Shore in recent memory), Arthas especially for putting her into her current state.

Conquering Lordaeron gave two-fold benefit: the non-Scourge undead have a home, and the humans will NEVER take back Arthas' kingdom.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation