Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm about 27 days from quitting, when my time runs out. I'm not quitting because I dislike the game, my entire guild quit on me. And since I don't feel like looking for another guild, though I do have another friend who's guild I could join on another server, but RL needs some changes so I have to let the game go for a bit. Might return in 7.2, but not sure about that.

I just got kinda bored to be honest.

I didn't find constantly grinding AP to be compelling content, especially when it's the same quests over and over. I loved the idea of Mythic+ in theory, top level 5 man content, but I really detest time challenge style content. I prefer to enjoy the content and beat the challenge, not just rush through as fast as possible without stopping to enjoy it. But that's just me. I didn't enjoy the RNG loot system, the entire legendary thing is just crazy, and the idea of getting better gear from LFR/World Quests than Mythic Raiding just didn't sit right with me either, and did nothing but force serious players into running that worthless content.

Another one was raiding, my guild had done Emerald Nightmare/Helya on heroic, but we just couldn't recruit enough players to make up a 20 man group for Mythic difficulty, so our guild eventually fell apart and I lacked the motivation to find a new one and do it all over again.

Now i've quit, and i've considered coming back once or twice, but I know i'll be so far behind on Artifact Power and iLevel that it'll be a nightmare trying to catch up and find Mythics/Raids. Also they were shitting all over Hunters when I was leaving and that was my main

was looking forward to finishing my ap grind so i could do something else ex alts or transmog runs those 1-2 hours i have time to play a few days a week & then i found out 7.2 would bring a new grind so just gave up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want simplicity in my endgame, not mandatory bar filling or Arbitrary Magic Fun Points I have to grind to level up some single expansion system. I'm very over that. Also flight.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Because WoW isn't WoW anymore..... :c

Deleted
    no flying no subbing

I unsub when I want to take a break doing other stuff.

Why does it haft to be so dramatic for most people.

Limit yourself: DONT DO SHIT YOU DONT WANNA DO - Nobody is forcing you. I played Legion for about 55 days now, and now I only do like 5-10 world quests a day (prestige grind pvp etc), dont farm AP...and else just enjoy what else I wanna do
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Good to see that people have moved on

Quote Originally Posted by Desparil View Post
    Good to see that people have moved on
    I wouldn't call spending your days on the forum of a game you quit "moving on".

Because Legion has been more stressful than fun, seeing new traits being added in 7.2 was the end for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    When I unsubbed recently it was because of blizzard's utter lack of regard for the casual player. Professions turned into nightmarish grinds, questlines requiring mythic dungeons, extreme RNG to encourage no-lifing such as in the pre-buff balance of power questline and ashbringer hidden appearance and to be honest the lack of solo content in general.

When I found out balance of power couldn't be done in LFR and worse, had a terrible drop rate, in addition to Karazahn being a lore-filled mythic only instance I quit.

Only resubbed a few months later when they buffed the corrupted essence droprate and announced a heroic version of Karazahn, research catch-up mechanics and flying.

I still consider this to be a terrible expansion, as I'm reminded every now and then, but the main reason I'm still playing is to prepare for 7.2, which I hope is when the game will get fun for the first time since the legion pre patch. Until then, I consider legion worse than WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    no flying no subbing
    Oh this very much actually. I joined Legion late just for this reason.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Life happened, and wow subscription is not that high on my priority list, and I don't have enough gold for a token!
    On the game play side of things... I always enjoyed the questing and lore more than Raiding, Raiding or LFR was always just something to drive the lore further for me personally.
    Just like Warcraft 3, the whole campaign was awesome, did i ever play the game at lan parties/online... yes sometimes... but the big pull was always the story and how it made me feel epic.

(sorry for the grammar/spelling)

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I can't justify the amount of time I spent on WoW. If we use the "10000 hours to become an expert" rule. I could have used that time to learn a language, learn an instrument or even made more money. Mind you, I'm not knocking you if you're still heavily invested in WoW, but I can't help and look at my /played anymore and feel like an idiot. Turns out life is pretty dope if you make it so.

That said, I'll still come back from time to time to check out the game. I'll sub for a month, unsub, wait a bit, resub, etc. I love the game but it's just way too time consuming.
    You make me smile with my heart.

I like to play wow for them got parses. I went into raid. I had bad legendary. Other 2 mages had better/best legendary. I lost despite, according to logs, playing as well, only difference being a stupid product of RNG. If the difference was small, fine, but 20 fucking percent because of those bracers ruined it for me. i liked the WF and to some extend the gem system in WoD, as it added some rng to loot, and some excitement and reason to do bosses again, just for a chance on that WF/gem. But Legion just took it to retarded levels with titanforging and legendaries and all that bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Oh this very much actually. I joined Legion late just for this reason.
    I could get why lack of mobility causes you to leave a game, but to insist on flying like a spoiled toddler seems juvenile. Enviromental obstacles / climbing puzzles etc are impossible with flying mounts (and leads to imo a more boring world experience) .. it sure is handy tho..

ehh, I left because they butchered my class in the purning. WoD subtlety rogue was fantastic, they changed it to a spammy boring rotation where the most exciting 3 minute cooldown is 'add some shadow dmg to your auto attacks' .. tried writing about it,. but naturally noone bothered to read it. Devs don't even acknowledge the problem so It was time to bail

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I wouldn't call spending your days on the forum of a game you quit "moving on".
    Not like there are other subforums here for non-WoW topics that people may wander off to...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Not like there are other subforums here for non-WoW topics that people may wander off to...
    You mean like MMO-Champion>>Forum>>World of Warcraft>>General Discussions?

The whole gearing system is horrible.
    The classes/specs I liked to play in WoD have been ruined.
    The world quest system is more soul destroying than any daily quest setup there's been so far.

Got the point I became a toxic bitch to everyone around me because of the burn I got from farming 24/7 from legendaries and getting shit in return. (I'm a very competitive guy, the legendary system in Legion is probably the worst system ever implemented in any game I have ever played)

I was one of the first guys in my guild to get to the 54th trait. When I realized I wasn't the same person I was when I started raiding with them 3 years ago, I called a time out. I got a job now and I had to move cities so I don't have a reliable source of internet now. When I get my flat + internet I might come back, hopefully before 7.2, and fully charged and out of frustration.

And hopefully with a legendary system fix in place...
    Last edited by Shirofune; 2017-02-22 at 08:10 AM.