Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    To improve your ranking, I suggest getting a friend or two and queue as a group. I find that going solo is a risky thing considering that you're going to be in a team of random players. I've had worst experiences with PUGs because some just won't listen and some of them are just not that good.

I only play SoloQ so far, it's been quite terrible.
    Worked my way up to 3600 from 1500.
    The last weeks have been hell tho, major amounts of trolls and bads and got dropped back to 3200.

I didn't even play my placements. Not very fond of the current meta.

Next season will probably play Bastion only. That'll be interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    I only play SoloQ so far, it's been quite terrible.
    Worked my way up to 3600 from 1500.
    The last weeks have been hell tho, major amounts of trolls and bads and got dropped back to 3200.
    Don't you read this forum? It's not possible to get above 2000 playing SoloQ!

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Don't you read this forum? It's not possible to get above 2000 playing SoloQ!
    With all respect, but that argument is stupid. I also ranked up to 3200+ with mostly soloq. You can be lucky to get teammates that know what they are doing. You can also have very bad luck, being forced to play with totally morons.

Only thing i can say for sure: Soloq got worse in the last 3 weeks before sesion ended.

@OP

You can always try to fit that missing role, but try not to get forced to. For that you can communicat with your team. Eiteher witch voicechat on consoles, or chat on pc. Just try to have fun, no matter what you play

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Morgan View Post
    With all respect, but that argument is stupid. I also ranked up to 3200+ with mostly soloq. You can be lucky to get teammates that know what they are doing. You can also have very bad luck, being forced to play with totally morons.
    Yea, that was sarcasm. This forum just has few certain individuals who keep arguing that it actually is impossible to get rank up when playing solo, and it's 100% because teammates are so bad in every game. I finished at 3350 playing around 50/50 solo and in premades. And no, there was no noticeable difference in winning percentages in either way.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Yea, that was sarcasm.
    In that case, I´m sory for not recognizing it. Can´t handle sarcasm very well ^^"

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Morgan View Post
    Only thing i can say for sure: Soloq got worse in the last 3 weeks before sesion ended.
    Agreed, was winning steadily 55-60% and after that I lost tremendous amounts.

My results were pretty good, went from having never played the game before to placing at 1700 and climbed up to 2800 before the season ended so I'm pretty happy about that. The season was pretty fun, I wish Rein wasn't so strong (in that he feels almost necessary in every situation) but other than that I've enjoyed learning all the characters and such. Looking forward to the next season and trying to main one or two characters instead of just playing whatever I'm in the mood for with no real rhyme or reason to it haha.

Last few weeks of comp are always pretty awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was best season so far. They seem to be improving each time. Quitters are now uncommon. Ranking system is alright.

It seemed harder to carry so I mainly played tank. Nice that tanks are encouraged, but seems like it became much tougher to flank and skirmish.

People still do stupid shit. That'll never change. They are limiting how much those people affect games and I like those efforts. Be nice if they added a mic only option for queue.
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    Got to Diamond followed by Master for the first time, done entirely via solo-queueing as I'm about as social as a rock. Didn't really take much effort, but I will say as my rating increased, I encountered friendlier more interesting people as well as better voice communication and team work. It's the same experience I've had in Dota and HoN though so I'm not surprised. It's also why I stay away from modes like Quick Play where pretty much anything goes.
    Last edited by mmocf8e5b938a8; 2017-02-27 at 08:34 PM.

got to 3540 masters on pc, stopped played for a few weeks and decayed back to 3000 so I decided to just play wow for the rest of the season.

More than likely just go for masters again this season and try to maintain at like 1 game/week

Totally tanked my placements ended up 1800, climbed to 2446 and never got past that. Dropped to 2200 in the last week. I might see what placements I get this time around and If I get gold or silver I prolly wont bother with this game. As long as ppl dont play with good setup in comp there is really no point playing and that doesn't happen much. I could pretty much count most of my wins by opponents picking even worse than my own team. I mainly played support. Couple games I played dmg or tank where I could just easily counter opponents heroes that no one else wanted to counter. Winston against symmetra, genji against junkrat etc.

I'm pretty tired how you get some guy that has dropped from diamond to gold and telling what ppl must do just because he has diamond icon in the portrait. So sick of that.

I enjoyed playing torbjorn every match got to 2340 ranking aim to the same next season and master my bearded dwarf

15+ Year Old Account
    Placed in low gold because I'm a scrub.
    Spent the season solo queue yo-yoing between high silver and mid gold with a high of ~2375.
    Finally got stuck in a losing streak that left me at ~1700, gave up for the rest of the season.

Mostly played as D.Va with some Ana / Rienhart. Plenty of medals/cards/PotMs but apparently I was still trash.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED