Deleted

Choosing a legendary

Today I looted my 4th legendary, and it was the affliction hood. Since i almost have 54 traits on Ulthalesh, I'll start thinking to raise Destruction weapon too, so i can play it on certain bosses where It is much better then Affliction. My question is, Since I have affliction's helm and belt (+sephuz and RoF destro ring, which I'm not going to use anymore) should I prioritize legends for affliction or for Destruction? I play affly almost everytime, but on bosses such as gul dan, elisande, i really feel like i would do a lot better playing destruction. Is replacing my belt with another affliction legendary better than looting a good legendary which could be useful for destruction?

Deleted
    I have the exact same situation with the exact gear as you :-) so bump

Honestly for 7.1.5 Affliction beats out destro on every fight, I would stay affliction and hope for Reap and Sow.
    At least thats my opinion, you can look ahead at the PTR and tomb of sargeras and see what kind of fights are in there.
    Affliction, in 7.2 looks to be dominant for single target and council fights, but I could see destro pulling ahead for twin orge type fights (but those are rare)
    Please do one thing on the forums, read the whole post first, form an opinion, and then state whether you agree or disagree.

I still dont have the helmet, how much does it affect soulshard generation in the long run ?
    Edit Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Thath View Post
    Today I looted my 4th legendary, and it was the affliction hood. Since i almost have 54 traits on Ulthalesh, I'll start thinking to raise Destruction weapon too, so i can play it on certain bosses where It is much better then Affliction. My question is, Since I have affliction's helm and belt (+sephuz and RoF destro ring, which I'm not going to use anymore) should I prioritize legends for affliction or for Destruction? I play affly almost everytime, but on bosses such as gul dan, elisande, i really feel like i would do a lot better playing destruction. Is replacing my belt with another affliction legendary better than looting a good legendary which could be useful for destruction?
    Switch to destro. You could always get a belt/trinket which help Demonology as well. And who knows, maybe feretory will help affliction one day as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelDude View Post
    And who knows, maybe feretory will help affliction one day as well.
    My dream is for it to have a chance to proc on soul flame (since it is shadowflame damage), such as bolt for demo.

Go destro

-- Very unhappy 8/10m former afflock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    I still dont have the helmet, how much does it affect soulshard generation in the long run ?
    A lot. Especially with tier set. I noticed it on trilliax's phase 3, i've put agony on a few robots and i was costantly at 5 shard cap (though it probably happened because of belt too). It's really impressive, and on council fights (as botanist) it results in a very nice boostto agony damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Joryy View Post
    Go destro

-- Very unhappy 8/10m former afflock
    Can you explain me why? Me and my guild only did skorp myth, so I can't tell how viable affly will be on myth progress. I know destro is more versatile and it's easier to play it while focusing on mechanics, but i never really hadproblem handling at the same time affly rotation and mechanics.

A lot. Especially with tier set. I noticed it on trilliax's phase 3, i've put agony on a few robots and i was costantly at 5 shard cap (though it probably happened because of belt too). It's really impressive, and on council fights (as botanist) it results in a very nice boostto agony damage.

Can you explain me why? Me and my guild only did skorp myth, so I can't tell how viable affly will be on myth progress. I know destro is more versatile and it's easier to play it while focusing on mechanics, but i never really hadproblem handling at the same time affly rotation and mechanics.
    aff is better on every fight except last 2

Deleted
    Play w/e you like. Everything is viable atm. All specs have their strengths and weaknesses

Aff is fine for the first 8 bosses. Then you get to the bosses that matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joryy View Post
    Aff is fine for the first 8 bosses. Then you get to the bosses that matter.
    So you're confirming my thought. Though, I'm Not really happy about that. I'll really miss affly playstyle

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedevil View Post
    Honestly for 7.1.5 Affliction beats out destro on every fight, I would stay affliction and hope for Reap and Sow.
    At least thats my opinion
    What level are you talking? For Normal/Heroic (which most people raid anyhow) I have to disagree. The logs show Destro having more overall DPS on Botanist and the last two fights (on heroic anyhow, on normal Affy beats Destro on Gul'dan). This is even before you get down to the priority add damage which for the guild struggling on those fights Destro again will probably pull far ahead in usefulness. I can't speak for mythic as my guild is not that far yet but the logs show a similar picture on the last two bosses.

Back slightly more on topic. Belt is decent in sims and similar in power to the cloak (though with the 4 set I do not like the belt so much personally). If you want to go Destro for raiding I personally would change loot specs now as it may take you a while to get anything decent.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2017-02-23 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedevil View Post
    At least thats my opinion, you can look ahead at the PTR and tomb of sargeras and see what kind of fights are in there.
    Affliction, in 7.2 looks to be dominant for single target and council fights, but I could see destro pulling ahead for twin orge type fights (but those are rare)
    If your goal is purely numbers then yes. Destruction is a far greater spec for clearing gatekeeping content though.