Poll: Would you buy a targeted legendary for rl money?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

No because that would 100% make WoW pay to win.

One legendary for 15 dollars, and have a special bundle two for 25. In order not to spend the next couple of months ripping out my hair because I have no way of getting the legendaries needed for my spec, yes I would buy them.

I would buy them and grind less. I would buy them and log on only to clear content and level up my fishing pole. I would buy them and be distressed. It would be a weight off of my shoulders.

They don't need to "test the waters", they already did in D3. Conclusion: Many people buy gear for money, even more players leave in droves.

I didn't mind this in the original Diablo 3, I made a nice bit of change off of the real money AH, but in WoW? Nah, has no place there.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I voted no, but then I thought about it.

I am already paying 9.99 a month to play the game, and right now the Legion legendary system is kneecapping my ability to do so properly.

So yes, while I would much prefer the Legion legendary system be removed, I would pay to get my two BIS legendaries.

I think it would probably ruin the game but i would still buy one

I would, depending on price. But I think this would definitely ruin the game, and would be a slippery slope to just selling all gear.

I'd pay real money for people to quit complaining about not having their BiS Lego when they aren't in a cutting edge progression guild. If you're just a number to a GL to get him achives/mounts/loot then maybe you need to find a better guild.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't waste my money on digital things like that. The mount and pet store is bad enough. Knowing Blizzard they'd overprice the fuck out of it too. They'd put it at like $50 or something. Sad part about it is that even with a price like that people would still buy it, showing Blizzard that there is a market for this too and they'd continue to do it eventually branching out to other items like maybe epics.

You can do whatever you want with your money but just know that when companies start doing shit like this and continue to do it and eventually also add to it it's because of you, the people who buy into this garbage. You are showing them that this is ok to do, please we want more of it. So those people can't complain when they start to see more and more items getting the same treatment.

Anyway, I don't play much as it is anymore, only buying a months time here and there and I never really cared for getting legendaries so it wouldn't really bother me that much anyway. Wouldn't change the way I play the game so if they want to do that go ahead. I mean they might as well since they have pretty much everything else with a price tag on it. You have the subscription, character services, level boost, mounts, pets, gear is the only thing missing. Why not just go all the way? A subscription based game with also free to play aspects. It's amazing how they can get away with it. Then again it isn't surprising knowing how many suckers there are in the WoW community.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

When BLizzard introduced the real money AH in D3, the game died within a few days.

Definitely. Already buy tokens every so often to keep the cash flow up, I'd spend money to get rid of my shitty legendaries :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean at that point why not just put it on a vendor for gold....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    What if Blizzard decides to test the waters and sell these items that pretty much target correct legendaries?
    In my opinion, Blizzard would be signing off WoW's demise.
    Mounts/Pets/Helmets were bad move from Blizzard.
    If there is ONE advantage WoW has always had over every MMO that came afterwards - it is the fact that you get 99.9% of what the game offers by PLAYING.

Even if they sold an item that allows you to EXCHANGE a Legendary you have for the desired one - it will destroy the game.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would probably buy all of the fun legendaries and then quit after having fun with them

If the day comes when they implement gear for real money, I'd quit. Especially if a sub is still required.

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    No because that would 100% make WoW pay to win.
    It already is in a way. You pay money for gold, and just use that gold to buy whatever gear/achievements you want off top guilds