Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    People freak out because Blizzard has a long habit of swinging the pendulum far too hard - in both directions.

When they see "maybe MG is too good" theyimmediatel yhave visions of it being nerfed to20% and dots getting a 5% buff

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    People freak out because Blizzard has a long habit of swinging the pendulum far too hard - in both directions.

When they see "maybe MG is too good" theyimmediatel yhave visions of it being nerfed to20% and dots getting a 5% buff
    My issue is they choose to only see the one thing, and completely ignore everything else that was said.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

What happened to bring the player not the class?
    it became
    -> bring the spec not the class
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    What happened to bring the player not the class?
    it became
    -> bring the spec not the class
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Read post 57

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    My issue is they choose to only see the one thing, and completely ignore everything else that was said.
    Almost everything else in this blue post is meaningless water, spilled for no reason.
    There're also zero reasons to believe in Blizzard and their ability to make things better for warlocks. Broken promises on fixing Ulthalesh's gold traits with change to souls, "double down" on strenghts they continued in 7.2. with those set bonuses, bugfix to Tito and no fixes for souls generation, etc, etc. And this is only pve. In pvp they are pretty trigger happy with warlocks, all talents/abilities/stats getting 20-100% changes(nerfs) in hotfixes, while with melee they do like 2,5-10% changes at best.
    Last edited by Sunlighthell; 2017-02-28 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    Almost everything else in this blue post is meaningless water, spilled for no reason.
    There're also zero reasons to believe in Blizzard and their ability to make things better for warlocks..
    Then there's really no conversation to be had, or point to giving feedback from your perspective because everything is either negative or meaningless and we don't believe that they are capable of making anything better.

Would love to get WoD afflic back

Read post 57
    Sure! It is "viable", raid compositions are not THAT strict fortunately. We've seen tiers where complete classes were neglected, and this is the most balanced exp ever.
    However I must remind you that more than one warlock is a burden. Try to swap 1 shadow priest to a lock. With 2-3 warlocks you will seriously start to struggle with mechanics. In the past we could help the raid tremendously WITHOUT just turreting the boss. Aff and Demo can produce good numbers with tunneling, while Destro cannot produce enough "utility damage" so to speak. Oh and the gameplay...
    "most players" are going to see bosses with much higher item level where their skill to play is a much bigger factor -> there comes the point, again, that destro are hard to play optimally and "most players" aren't able to do that, so with higher item levels they don't do as much as you did with lower gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Would love to get WoD afflic back
    Any day of the week I'd go back to WoD to play affliction. Best iteration of affliction so far besides the soulswapping and utility of MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said: (snip)
    Issue: Demonology single-target feels too low next to affliction.
    Analysis: This is because demonology used to be a top-notch stand-still single-target turret spec in exchange for pretty much everything else -- whereas now, after some nerfs, it is only mediocre in the role where it should excel in.
    Fix: Buff demonology single target damage. A 10% aura buff should do.

Issue: Affliction multidotting feels too weak.
    Analysis: This is because the multidotting-oriented talent alternative to MG is not competitive enough.
    Fix:
    (1) Buff Writhe in Agony. In addition to the current effect the WoA-Agony should gain 2 stacks (instead of just 1) when it ticks, and gain a 10% stacking damage buff for every target afflicted by Agony.
    (2) Change T20 bonuses into something that supports the dots/dotting instead of drain soul.

There, fixed!

I just don't like hearing "we're going to give you spread sustained damage even if that means we're ok with your ST staying weaker in the future."

How many fights so far do we have where sustained spread damage was a meaningful feature? Right, not many.

I just don't get this double standard with warlock, where we're this extreme niche class that's completely trash in any aspects outside the niche, while a class like shadow priest exist who can not only put out good single target, but amazing cleave and execute damage to boot.

Or an assassination rogue, who by simply applying rupture on 2 other targets crushes affliction while being the supreme ST spec in the game by 10%+ of second best.

It's just silly. Demonhunter has top of the line ST, and god mode cleave and aoe. So does fury warrior for that matter.

So remind me again why warlocks are being placed in these ghettos of performance?

I really want to know why Blizzard pushes to have stark differences in performance. Most people don't play a spec for a niche. They play a spec because it feels fun to play rotationally and in terms of aesthetics.

Destro at least has a goddamn useful niche. It has burst, even if mediocre; it has very good 2 target cleave. Burst is good, no matter what. DoT's are never good unless they are massively overtuned and are then used for tunneling a boss.

Neither demo or affliction have mechanisms that allow for burst. They are dot classes, and dot classes are only ever good as single target monsters in the current state of the game with all the burst cleave/aoe melee and hunters/fire mages have.

This old paradigm of multidotting being a relevant feature on multiple minor adds is dead. People can frontload damage to adds much quicker and frequently, which has made dotting as a method of spread/simultaneous damage obsolete.

I do not want an obsolete niche.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2017-03-01 at 07:08 AM.

Spriest has mediocre ST that's even worse than destro outside of execute / adds to proc twist of fate, no aoe to speak of, and no priority burst. That's why the spec is mediocre in dungeons, despite being such a powerhouse in raids. I don't really get where people think spriest has no limitations.
    As someone who constantly plays together with a Shadow Priest, this.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Sure! It is "viable", raid compositions are not THAT strict fortunately. We've seen tiers where complete classes were neglected, and this is the most balanced exp ever.
    However I must remind you that more than one warlock is a burden. Try to swap 1 shadow priest to a lock. With 2-3 warlocks you will seriously start to struggle with mechanics. In the past we could help the raid tremendously WITHOUT just turreting the boss. Aff and Demo can produce good numbers with tunneling, while Destro cannot produce enough "utility damage" so to speak. Oh and the gameplay...
    "most players" are going to see bosses with much higher item level where their skill to play is a much bigger factor -> there comes the point, again, that destro are hard to play optimally and "most players" aren't able to do that, so with higher item levels they don't do as much as you did with lower gear.
    Funny, a lot of people are mad because Blizz made the game to easy for play this xpac, and Destro became a "just press Conflagrate and cast whatever you can" spec... But this show how you actually need skill to play you class.

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    As someone who constantly plays together with a Shadow Priest, this.
    I can second this... Tried to solo every rare in the game with my SP using Twist of Fate talent, and was not a really good fate... Outside execute window, you need to choose talents that buff Mind Flay. As filler it is, is the spell you cast the most, and is VERY WEAK, even with LotV and Voidform up.

Destro, on the other hand, have a very good filler damage on Incinerate for ST, and with RoF + CDF also have a very good damage in AOE (something a SP dont have).

This is a niche xpac, all aspects of the game are design for perform better with specific class/specs... Sure, are one or two better then others for a lot of people, but thats is the way always have been.