Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mongo, retardproof, broken damage that requires no setup or thought whatsoever. Completely unkitable with up to 3 stuns/4 gap closers which even a buffoon can manage. Some extremely cancerous talents/skills to deal with like reverse magic/eye of leotheras/rain of above/instant glaive slow etc. If the class has problems in 3v3, then it should be helped in that department.

Hand free, retard mode specs like legion ret/assa rogue/dh only highlight how garbage is the current class design.

Quote Originally Posted by Tezrex View Post
    I agree there are more than 2 buttons, but people that don't play DH well aren't going to see it that way. It's the same that that happened when DK's came out. Everyone thought it was just oblit spam and howling blast. I'm not saying anything about how strong they were, just that they only had 2 buttons to push. 3 if you wanted to heal yourself, but people that actually played them knew there was more to it than that.
    People who actually played it ran around in bg's using full bars of "use random skill out of the kit" because it didn't even matter what skill killed your enemy in 2 hits and made videos of it... no there wasn't anything more than that.

Several dk/pala teams who made rank1 in s5 when dk came out were never to be found above 1.5k after that retarded season finally ended

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    I'm talking from personal experience in all aspects of PvP arena,bgs, wpvp(which I don't give 2 shits about).
    It is a problem because for the most part you can't stop their damage dh has a bunch of stuff to avoid cc (jump in the air for 5+ secs/ immune to everything for 10secs god knows why that exists).

On top of that they have mindlessly applied very strong ranges cc.

There's nothing about demonhunters that is correct, they do too much damage much too easily, have amazing mobility and top of the line cc. They're the definition of what's wrong with melee in PvP.
    The jump in the air (reign from above) is only an escape from melee. When up in the air we can only throw a low damage ball of fire at people and slowly float back to the ground. Until we get back on the ground we cannot do anything and can be attacked by range. It's actually a liability to take against range. It was bugged early in 7.1.5 to break stuns, but has been fixed.

I don't know what mindlessly applied very strong CC you are talking about. We have a 5 sec stun on a 1 min CD, a 3 second on a 2 minute CD or 4 minutes if you don't take the demonic origins talent and a sap on a 15 second CD that breaks on damage and that can be talented into cyclone on a 30 second CD. So, unlike many classes we dont have cc that can be used repeatedly like fear, polly, or cyclone. We also have nothing to break stuff like roots so we just sit there for the full duration .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lardaoc View Post
    People who actually played it ran around in bg's using full bars of "use random skill out of the kit" because it didn't even matter what skill killed your enemy in 2 hits and made videos of it... no there wasn't anything more than that.

Several dk/pala teams who made rank1 in s5 when dk came out were never to be found above 1.5k after that retarded season finally ended
    I'm not saying they weren't over tuned, I'm saying they had more than 2 buttons and when they were tuned to acceptable levels they still had the same amount of buttons, which was more than 2 and arguably more complex than they are now because of the changes made to runes in legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    Mongo, retardproof, broken damage that requires no setup or thought whatsoever. Completely unkitable with up to 3 stuns/4 gap closers which even a buffoon can manage. Some extremely cancerous talents/skills to deal with like reverse magic/eye of leotheras/rain of above/instant glaive slow etc. If the class has problems in 3v3, then it should be helped in that department.

Hand free, retard mode specs like legion ret/assa rogue/dh only highlight how garbage is the current class design.
    Literally all of the talents you just talked about are never used because they are worse than their alternatives 90% of the time. Reverse magic is bugged and doesn't reverse half the things it should, eye of lotheras is dispellable and falls off after not casting for a few seconds. Rain is gonna get you killed against a ranged comp. The damage requires setup or you get CCd for the 15 seconds of meta.
    Last edited by Tezrex; 2017-02-23 at 10:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Nobody said that they only have 2 buttons, people said they only use like 2, that's a little bit different and nullifies your argument completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromaniac View Post
    So run away/cc/whatever them for 30 seconds and after that they are useless. Use pvp common sense here. DH's are just Meta-CD warriors. Once its on CD they aren't that hard to kill.
    CC a DH or just run away? are you smoking crack, apart from like a mage with double blink invis mount up, or like rogue vanish (hope he don't find me with spectral sight) wtf can CC or run away from a demon hunter?

High damage
    Mobility
    CC
    Resource gains
    Short cooldowns
    High survivability
    Strong single target & aoe

I'm guessing the fact that they are one of the most well rounded classes has something to do with it. Blizzard made a really great class and that in turn makes some of the others shittier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Not that I disagree with the post, but unholy was the OP spec when DK came out in S5+S6 (the seasons they were strong in before getting rightfully nerfed). Scourge strike was the thing that was, quite literally, hitting 50% of people's health whenever it crit. Back when people had like 23-24k hp tops in pvp. Ah, back when it scaled from diseases as well as everything else... Fun times.
    The scourge strike thingy was true -- except that it kept getting fully resisted, before they reworked it into the melee+shadow version, which was sub-par. I used it with the Death-darkmoon card. Was hilarious at times. One GCD: http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...109_140738.jpg

But the really broken DK stuff was with the "spam only Icy Touch on people"-specc that came later than that. That was a true one-button spec that, you guessed it, spammed IT on people with the dispel glyph.
    The 32/39-specc, or maybe that was a different one.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    How are you supposed to run away from a class that chain stuns on you from start to finish, and god-forbid that you do get away, they have a near-infinite amount of gap-closers? And poor Rogues if they would try to get away, they get seen anyway. CC? You can't cast versus them. They have periods where they go immune to everything incoming (which is beyond dumb), their burst is very frontloaded so surviving against them, meta or not is not going to happen. They also have a super-charged evasion on a shorter cooldown, as well as several additional survivability cooldowns.

Are they a 2 button class? No. But the difference between someone pushing only four and someone playing their class to the best isn't that big. They might be fragile if you managed to get through all of their CDs and stuns, but that is only going to happen with a pocket healer. It is an incredibly stupid class design to make an insane 1v1/1v2-class that is outright bad for 3s.

I play what is probably the most fragile class in the game, I have less damage, I have fewer stuns (talent!) and I have less burst. Not to mention only having one survival cooldown.
    They have 0 root breaks. And only 1 trinket, and a 3 second kick. If you are a class that can kite (i.e not a warrior) and you cant get away from a lone DH you suck. Kidney the meta, blind the trinket and sap and sap again. Root, poly, poly, poly. And so on.

With a healer with good dispells it can get hard, but kiting a DH during their burst is possible for almost all classes if they use their cc.

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    They have 0 root breaks. And only 1 trinket, and a 3 second kick. If you are a class that can kite (i.e not a warrior) and you cant get away from a lone DH you suck. Kidney the meta, blind the trinket and sap and sap again. Root, poly, poly, poly. And so on.

With a healer with good dispells it can get hard, but kiting a DH during their burst is possible for almost all classes if they use their cc.
    Oh, right. I just need to have a healer with me at all times. Check.

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post

And once you faked their kick, faked the incap, got their trinket and have your cc last 4 seconds (while you lost 50% of your hp from the stupid snare dot ) you can get away as far as 1 fel rush, nope it's not just a matter of kiting, it's totally laughable how op dh is in world pvp, not that world pvp matters but that's where a lot of the frustration about them comes from

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezrex View Post
    I agree there are more than 2 buttons, but people that don't play DH well aren't going to see it that way. It's the same that that happened when DK's came out. Everyone thought it was just oblit spam and howling blast. I'm not saying anything about how strong they were, just that they only had 2 buttons to push. 3 if you wanted to heal yourself, but people that actually played them knew there was more to it than that.
    I hate DH because I hate FOTM players. You find them all over, always 15-20iL lower than the average decent player, always pretty bad players riding a high. They were on DH for quite a while, but they're not there now and it's far less of a burden.

Why do I hate FOTM? Because when a class is OP you just can't stop seeing them and getting destroyed by them whether it's in logs making you look bad or in WPVP/IPVP. They take any reasonably tedious issue and turn it into a complete bore.

I'm guessing there are more people like me who have the lingering hatred of the FOTM class, rather than hatred of DH's themselves. The class looks cool tbh just not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaveil View Post
    I hate DH because I hate FOTM players. You find them all over, always 15-20iL lower than the average decent player, always pretty bad players riding a high. They were on DH for quite a while, but they're not there now and it's far less of a burden.

Why do I hate FOTM? Because when a class is OP you just can't stop seeing them and getting destroyed by them whether it's in logs making you look bad or in WPVP/IPVP. They take any reasonably tedious issue and turn it into a complete bore.

I'm guessing there are more people like me who have the lingering hatred of the FOTM class, rather than hatred of DH's themselves. The class looks cool tbh just not my cup of tea.
    This I can accept, FotM rollers are annoying for sure, but not all players of that class are FotM. It's too bad it's hard to tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    because it's not arena folks raging about DH's it's people in world pvp or random bg's getting caught by a DH 1v1 and the dh has literally endless gap closers so you can't kite them, and meta is just an i win button vs 95% of players the damage the self healing the stuns you can't really counter it.

so sure DH could probably use a buff for 3v3 but they could use a nerf for world pvp and 1v1. good luck doing that.
    Exactly this, i was gonna post it myself :P but you were first.

Most of ppl who rage dont pvp much or have very little clue how to pvp, and WPvP is broken atm (Tanks, Disc, Rets, WW) list goes on of specs that do well in WPvP. It is easier for a person to blame something else than look in the mirror and face his/her own issues, aka being bad @ pvp and not knowing how to counter DH.

I play Ret for example, I have no issues 1v1 DH in arena or Wpvp, also any good WW will tell you the same, I am sure other classes (2.2-2,4kxp players or higher) know how to counter DH just fine.

So all the haters instead of spending time raging on forums how broken DHs are, should spend time pvping and getting better, and at one point this so called "issue" will simply go away.
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2017-02-24 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Exactly this, i was gonna post it myself :P but you were first.

Most of ppl who rage dont pvp much or have very little clue how to pvp, and WPvP is broken atm (Tanks, Disc, Rets, WW) list goes on of specs that do well in WPvP. It is easier for a person to blame something else than look in the mirror and face his/her own issues, aka being bad @ pvp and not knowing how to counter DH.

I play Ret for example, I have no issues 1v1 DH in arena or Wpvp, also any good WW will tell you the same, I am sure other classes (2.2-2,4kxp players or higher) know how to counter DH just fine.

So all the haters instead of spending time raging on forums how broken DHs are, should spend time pvping and getting better, and at one point this so called "issue" will simply go away.
    sure but you play a class that can beat a DH, play something like boomkin ele spriest, when you go from 100-0 in under 5 seconds you can learn to counter that next time right? or like an assassination rogue with perfect pve opener , sap-> opener you're bleeding for about a million damage a second, some classes can do nothing but die, should we all roll to an immunity class like paladin/mage/monk etc?

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Oh, right. I just need to have a healer with me at all times. Check.
    I believe they were referencing the situation where the DH had a healer to dispel the CC.
    Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    i got all my vaccines because not being dead is pretty cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys in this thread who complain about pressing 2 buttons are completely out of point basically nowdays there is no class with 20+ buttons or bindings like it was in previous expansions. And the guy whoch talked about rogue beeing nr. 1 skill class atm clearly dont have rogue at 110 atm Rogue has become the same shit as DH which u complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by lardaoc View Post
    And once you faked their kick, faked the incap, got their trinket and have your cc last 4 seconds (while you lost 50% of your hp from the stupid snare dot ) you can get away as far as 1 fel rush, nope it's not just a matter of kiting, it's totally laughable how op dh is in world pvp, not that world pvp matters but that's where a lot of the frustration about them comes from
    The snare dot doesnt get buffed by meta, and it depends on the class. But you usually can shut down the chaos blade burst at least. Almost all classes have 1 stun, 1 cc and 1 root (or multiple of the other if they dont have any of the previous) or invulns or similar. If a DH pops every CD he has you should be forced to pop all your cds to live as well.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile the classes I've played, have one instant cc, with a high cooldown, which gets trinketed everytime if used in the opener.

And people say just CC the Meta.. With a DH on you, even if you juke their interrupt, gl getting a cast out vs multiple stuns and arcane torrent (yes, no one plays alliance).. Before you get a cast time CC out you won't be above 30% health. That's pretty much 70% damage that you can't avoid. In addition you have wasted all your defensive cooldowns to even survive it.

But hey, you got your CC in, to bad meta still has 15 second duration left..

The issue with DHs that is causing the complains are not from high level arena where people know how to play. It's in the lower arena brackets, where teammates don't peel perfectly for each other. DH's are simply very hard to counter for a single player, it requires communication. Does this mean DHs are OP? Not really, the class is just really shitty balanced where it is really strong vs bads and pretty much useless (refering to arenamate) at higher ratings. Which to me sounds like the skill-cap is to low.

But hey, that's just how I view it. I'd like them to do more even damage comparing with cooldowns and without and a bit more utility. The 'Short-meta' talent should be baseline and the 'long-meta' shouldn't exist in a PvP environment.

That's my opinions at least. Note that I haven't played DH myself, but I've played both with (best friend plays one) and against a lot of them.
    Last edited by SirreASDF; 2017-02-24 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post

The issue with DHs that is causing the complains are not from high level arena where people know how to play. It's in the lower arena brackets, where teammates don't peel perfectly for each other. DH's are simply very hard to counter for a single player, it requires communication. Does this mean DHs are OP? Not really, the class is just really shitty balanced where it is really strong vs bads and pretty much useless (refering to arenamate) at higher ratings. Which to me sounds like the skill-cap is to low.
    I see what you are saying and I agree that communication is best. People in raiding guilds talk to each other so that they can adjust quickly and overcome certain situations in PvE, if people talked more in PvP (and not through typing because its just to slow) they might find more success against stuff like DH. If you look at high rating PvP they always talk on discord or vent or whatever. The communication is a really solid point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    sure but you play a class that can beat a DH, play something like boomkin ele spriest
    There are always classes that have advantages over other classes. Not all classes are balanced to be 50/50 with all other classes.

Deleted
    Because I sometimes log on my DH alt just for PvP and even though I don't have my skill playing a DH I am destroying everyone easily.

I farmed 100 3v3 wins for a pvp mount on my DH alt without any trouble (actually won many matches playing a 3 DH team... nuff said).