Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    Okay.

10chars
    Glad you agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    sure but you play a class that can beat a DH, play something like boomkin ele spriest, when you go from 100-0 in under 5 seconds you can learn to counter that next time right? or like an assassination rogue with perfect pve opener , sap-> opener you're bleeding for about a million damage a second, some classes can do nothing but die, should we all roll to an immunity class like paladin/mage/monk etc?
    I play ret, and when I gave arcane.disc in 2s as ret.mw you don't see me.QQ saying nerf mages. Each class has a counter. As I said casuals qq cuz in rated ppl peel. I'm RBGs boomers are OP, u don't see boomies get killed in 5 sec by dh. Game is not balanced around 1v1, each class has a counter. When it comes to rated if u die in 5. It's l2play issue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    because it's not arena folks raging about DH's it's people in world pvp or random bg's getting caught by a DH 1v1 and the dh has literally endless gap closers so you can't kite them, and meta is just an i win button vs 95% of players the damage the self healing the stuns you can't really counter it.

so sure DH could probably use a buff for 3v3 but they could use a nerf for world pvp and 1v1. good luck doing that.
    you ever met a bear druid in world pvp? most broken thing ever.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    At least you have the option of not fighting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    I disagree, world pvp is pretty irrelevant to most and almost all people do understand that its not balanced at all. People do complain about DHs in BGs and in 2v2 arenas (especially skirms) too. And afaik thats where most of the rage comes from, not world pvp.
    World pvp is irrelevant, I said that multiple times. But frustration comes from situations where you can't fight back and your only option is to wait for the enemy to kill you, that doesn't happen in arena unless you are super bad, but if that's the case your frustration wouldn't be DH's but pvp in general. The only environment where you have that problem constantly is world pvp, since everyone does pve damage, on normal pools of hp.

Just watch the recent skill capped video for DH. Listen to the guy playing the class talk about how OP it is.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Tezrex View Post
    I was just wondering why there has been so much rage about Demon Hunters in pvp as of late. I'm referring to post nerfs of course because I do agree that they were over tuned. That being said, the standard pvp guage of where a class is as far as pvp viability is 3s arena. Currently (as of yesterday) only 3.2% of players above 2200 rating are demon hunters which is the 2nd lowest of any class. This information was found on arenamate.net which takes a pull of the pvp rankings every week.

On top of this, for overall game population DH is the highest represented class at 110 right now coming in at 12.2% in the US and 12.7% in EU according to realmpop.com. To go from the highest played class in the game to the 2nd lowest represented class in arena is a large drop. To emphasize this, rogues are the 2nd lowest played class in the game at 6.1% of the total population, but have a 10% representation in the 3v3 bracket above 2200.

I'm in no way asking for DH to get a buff right now, but in light of this information, why is there so much anger directed at the DH class currently? I see a lot of rage posts on the DH class forum on the official Blizzard site and have had several people go out of their way to flame me personally. I understand that DH has high burst, but well coordinated CC from comps such as RMX is very difficult to deal with because once our CD's are burnt we do lackluster damage and our CC kit is not very robust. The 1 min AoE stun is nice, however, it costs a significant amount of fury which reduces our ability to do damage and capitalize off of it. Yes we can talent into making that stun free, but we lose our snare which is infinitely more valuable for trying to keep up with healers such as monk and druid. We also have a sap that breaks on damage, or we can talent to make it 1 second longer and essentially become cyclone, but doing so doubles the CD to 30 seconds.

Once again, not looking for buffs here, just want to know what I'm missing that others seem to be so upset about.
    With how bad pvp is this expansion a lot of arena players aren't doing arenas anymore (or very little) and are just having their pvp kick in bgs. Judging a class by how good it is in pvp by arena stats is a very bad way to go this expansion compared to previous expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    At least you have the option of not fighting it.
    What, I think they hit quite hard actually. Very dangerous :P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    What, I think they hit quite hard actually. Very dangerous :P
    You don't have to fight it, that's what I said. You can easily escape them. Good luck trying that with a DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    What makes me particularly mad is that they have an instant cast cyclone-like spell while I, as a feral, had my hard casted cyclone removed.

Other than that they have a low cooldown AoE stun, while I have a longer cooldown single target stun.
    ...and they get a killing spree ripoff with 100% dodge, while outlaw rogues can be interrupted.

- - - Updated - - -

Tanks in general need their damage sorting out. They can't have the best of both worlds.

i love going toe to toe with a bear on my Blood DK.

it just never, ever ends. One of us has to get bored and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by EviForums View Post
    ...and they get a killing spree ripoff with 100% dodge, while outlaw rogues can be interrupted.

- - - Updated - - -

Tanks in general need their damage sorting out. They can't have the best of both worlds.
    Killing spree rip off? How so?

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Outside of arena they're the most retarded spec in the game by a mile (perhaps tied with ret at the least).
    And why is that? Have you even played ret high-end this expansion to be able to comment on that? Or just got owned by the few really good Rets that are left in this game...?

Quote Originally Posted by Kayzza View Post
    And why is that? Have you even played ret high-end this expansion to be able to comment on that? Or just got owned by the few really good Rets that are left in this game...?
    "high-end", "Outside of arena"

See the problem there? World pvp is a total shitfest right now, the one that attacks first usually wins because its so absurdly bursty. And one of the only classes that can do absurd burst with 0 damage taken in return is a ret that pops every CD at once.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayzza View Post
    Seem salty. I know plenty of "high-end" rets that played around glad range that quit because of how retarded they made the spec. I've seen enough dogshit rets do good since Legion which says enough as well. If you think ret isn't one of the most retarded specs at the minute then you've got something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tezrex View Post
    Yes our clone is instant cast, but it has a 30 second CD. What is a short CD for a stun, ours are 1 and 2 minutes unless you don't want nemesis, which is an awful idea.
    I would kill to have my cyclone back at 30s CD and instant cast. BTW, ferals had something similar to that for some time during MoP (it would still require the predatory swiftness proc and had 20 or 30s CD) and it was nerfed to always be hard cast and no CD.

Chaos nova with unleashed power?

I would kill to have my cyclone back at 30s CD and instant cast. BTW, ferals had something similar to that for some time during MoP (it would still require the predatory swiftness proc and had 20 or 30s CD) and it was nerfed to always be hard cast and no CD.

Is still 45 seconds or so, and feral CC is really really strong, watch the game from 3 hours 30 minutes https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124949163 for example (finals in a 3v3 tournament with some of the wolds best players). Thats way more CC then a war or dk or DH or even a survival hunter have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hell if I know, one stun and they're dead on my paladin and I find the same is true on my demon hunter.

So I made this thread because I wanted peoples opinions. I got a lot of good feedback. I have also been pushing rating as the thread has been building and what I have noticed is that at lower ratings people would flame me and call DH OP, but once I got to 1900 and into the 2k ratings, I noticed that healers were less willing to play with me because "DH utility is too low" and "DH burst is too easy to see and chain cc so you can never land a kill". From this I can kind of see that it is mostly WPvP and lower skilled players that are doing 90% of the raging, which is what most of this forum suggested with some exceptions.

- - - Updated - - -

Unleashed power is in the same tier as master of the glaive which gives our throw glaive 2 charges and a slow. It's infinitely more useful, especially trying to stick to something like a MW monk or Rdruid. Plus you generally want to line up chaos nova with Fury of the Illidari which is on a 1 min CD as well, so the 20 sec CD reduc is almost useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    Is still 45 seconds or so, and feral CC is really really strong, watch the game from 3 hours 30 minutes https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124949163 for example (finals in a 3v3 tournament with some of the wolds best players). Thats way more CC then a war or dk or DH or even a survival hunter have.
    This topic is about why there is so much rage about DH and you are looking at the top end of PVP, which very few people are part of and DH are not that powerful.

The vast majority of people play random battlegrounds, solo queue, which will give much more weight to unorganized, small fights, mostly of several DPS vs several DPS. In this case, having a low CD stun, high burst, some CC immunity and low CD chase abilities is huge and will give it an upper hand in this scenario.

I don't think feral is weak or weaker than DH for arenas for this matter (definitely it is for BGs), it just bothers me that we lost this utility and they got it, much before we even know how the season would work out.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2017-02-27 at 03:33 PM.