Sitting on Wake of Ashes

I'm looking to get some thoughts on Wake of Ashes use when you're dealing our current raid where many fights we are dealing with waves of adds periodically popping up (Skorp, Spellblade, Tych, Botanist, Elisande, Gul'dan).
    So, what I'm looking for balancing using WoA on cooldown vs waiting a bit to hit multiple targets. to get more out of it.

So, some date I can pull up here.
    Mythic Skorp, AoE damage is hardly a concern as the adds do very little, but trying to do clean execution with no cheese pulls of adds I see my WoA hitting for (with DOT included)
    973K no buffs hitting the boss only
    to
    6M no buffs hitting a fat add pack.
    Meters wise it looks nice, but of course, the adds on this fight hardly matter and most of this damage is cheese. Easy fight, cheese away. Save every WoA for add packs.

Chronomatic Anomaly (M)
    1M on boss
    2.6M boss and fragmented time particle
    I think this is hugely important to wait a bit, up to maybe 10 seconds and use WoA on the little guys, not to cheese but to because they are a priority.

Spellblade (H)
    700k damage on boss
    4.3M on frost elementals
    Adds are priority, totally worth holding up to 15 seconds or so, adds should be down by the time a second one is up but they will also still be up if they spawn with 15 seconds left on your cooldown.

Botanist
    750k single boss
    1.4 parasitic lasher x2
    5.18M on 3x boss and plasma sphere
    I won't hold on to a WoA for any reason other than bosses are not grouped up or adds are just about to pop and lashers are potentially causing issues for your team. Or if you're only 10 seconds away from the 2nd and 3rd boss joining, maybe hold?

Elisande (H)
    800k damage on boss
    3M boss plus blue and red add
    Totally worth holding for a bit. Boss is a mechanics fight, not a dps race, getting adds down is more important than max dps on the boss herself, but they stay up long enough that holding for more than 10 seconds is probably not worth it.

Gul'dan
    Actually almost nothing extra when eyes are up, very hard to hit enough of them to make a noticeable difference.
    Probably just timing WoA with the extra button but otherwise just use on cooldown.

So these are just some thoughts, I suppose way more analysis could be done on how many WoAs you could miss during a fight if you hold on to some for too long, but moving from the single target nightmare raid to this add waves nighthold I figured it would be worth looking at. I'd love to hear more thoughts on the matter and particularly some thoughts about mythic+ dungeon use of WoA.

Deleted
    Difficult to advise since Crusade damage would suffer from that and desync woa as well.However if u blessed with shoulders leg and u decide for some reason to go with DP as well it would be the most reasonable thing to do

Deleted
    2+ AW relics (32,5s) priority is sync with AW, cuz 2x WoA (another example is FCM+CoF/DoS (895) < FCM+Foci(875), cuz CoF desyncs FCM and WoA) +20%.

>31,5s AW no 2 WoA +20%

btw there is only 1 consistent scenario (with/without legs) 4 DP>Crusade: lottery (proc chain+AW), which isnt consistent (besides the consistency of rng) at all.

at current i-lvls DP is still spoiled with 2 marginal ppm, probably not even with t20 ilvl haste (actually ca 3-5procs/min, req. 7procs/min to compensate Crusade peak).

/latedit:
    a buff 4 DP is very unlikely cuz PvP: DP proc chain 6+ = 6JV = global+LoH. blizz could have buffed it, but decided 2 nerf Crusade, cuz^^ with the reasoning to make DP more attractive by nerfing the still only viable option Crusade...
    Last edited by mmocdfc202a8dc; 2017-02-25 at 12:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    2+ AW relics (32,5s) priority is sync with AW, cuz 2x WoA (another example is FCM+CoF/DoS (895) < FCM+Foci(875), cuz CoF desyncs FCM and WoA) +20%.

>31,5s AW no 2 WoA +20%

btw there is only 1 consistent scenario (with/without legs) 4 DP>Crusade: lottery (proc chain+AW), which isnt consistent (besides the consistency of rng) at all.

at current i-lvls DP is still spoiled with 2 marginal ppm, probably not even with t20 ilvl haste (actually ca 3-5procs/min, req. 7procs/min to compensate Crusade peak).
    Well said . Only way i see it being competitive as it is (i dont see them changing proc chance ) could be with a combo of shoulders and back with a rotation that aims towards cloak uptime which is something i cannot sim (lacking the knowledge to do so) and again on aoe situations only.
    Then again they gonna give a chance for dual trait relics next patch so crusade is gonna be the go to choice then as well