Prot - Mythic Spellblade - annihilate

We are just starting on mythic spellblade aluriel. We haven't really gotten far as the dps is still figuring out the stacks and such, but the monk tank is able to solo tank both annihilates without breaking a sweat. I only got a chance to do it twice. Shield of the righteous was not enough, and shield of the righteous and guardian obviously was for the first one, but then I would be left SOL on the second.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Is it doable, or are we really just shooting ourselves in the foot with a 2 tank strategy? Obviously monks really shine on this type of thing.

I am 900 ilevel btw, and 48 artifact traits.

Do you tank him inside the frozen tempest then? Monk has been offtanking the elementals away, and I have been taking aluriel to a corner to solo tank him.

We haven't gotten far really, but we start out with double tanking the boss, then the green add spawns, I take the green add to the corner, and he solo tanks the 2nd annihilate. Then I bring aluriel away, leaving me to deal with the 3rd (and presumably 4th) annihilate.

Deleted
    Im main prot paladin and i havnt had any problems at all solo soaking the 2nd Annihalte :P And i only use my SotR and sac from our Hpala / Iron Bark from our Rdruid. I save my Spellwarding + defender + Wall+artifact so i can solo soak all the Fel slashes from the add in arcane phase.
    1st slash: Defender+SotR - Use your Hand of Protector immidiatly after his slash to avoid die from his meele atk right after
    2nd+3rd: Spellwarding
    4th+5th: Wall+Artifact+SotR + Iron bark

Seems like any version of the GD trinket would be really good for this application.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quisqualis View Post
    We are just starting on mythic spellblade aluriel. We haven't really gotten far as the dps is still figuring out the stacks and such, but the monk tank is able to solo tank both annihilates without breaking a sweat. I only got a chance to do it twice. Shield of the righteous was not enough, and shield of the righteous and guardian obviously was for the first one, but then I would be left SOL on the second.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Is it doable, or are we really just shooting ourselves in the foot with a 2 tank strategy? Obviously monks really shine on this type of thing.

I am 900 ilevel btw, and 48 artifact traits.
    You can have melee taunt the annihilates. She applies the debuff right after she finishes the cast that means that melee can take a tick and then you taunt back and take the rest. We have a dk and dps warrior doing it. It's a bit cheesy but makes tanking kind of faceroll.

Deleted
    Sorry to dig this thread up, but for those running with a non faceroll solo soak cotank (warrior in my case): Are you still soloing the fel lashes away from raid or do you split the damage onto raid? Worried that the gain from soloing lashes isn't that big versus the stress of solo soaking annihilates with "bad" tank classes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    I run with a DK tank as my offtank, you only need to solo soak the first fel slash, so on the rotation where you're on the boss, you spellward your Co-tank, on the ones where you're not on the boss you can use AD to solo soak.

Why only the first fel slash?
    That overlaps with the replicate arcane orb, demanding the raid to be stacked at that point is a bit shitty. You solo soak the first and after that the orbs have replicated so you can do the rest with the raid.
    Helpful, thank you.

Two further questions:

1) why would I Spellward my co-tank? Is it just the way the rotation goes that the second time around (or first depending who starts) the other tank is forced to solo soak?

2) In terms of annihilate stacks, do you do 2-2-2-2 etc or do you do 1-2-2-2 etc (ie do things line up better if you swap after very first annihilate)

Having Legendary helm is a god send for this fight. Double heal every 2 ticks helps a lot
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet