Deleted

Demo pet scaling

Hello my fellow warlocks,
    I have a question regarding our petscaling, specifically for our melee pets the fellguard, dreadstalkers and to a lesser extent our infernal.
    Do they profit from the SPELLhaste buff from the whispers in the dark trinket? Additionally i cant find the current pet scalings anywhere.
    I've been looking via google and i would be quite interested to know what they are so I can try to figure out how I can improve as a player.
    So if anyone knows anything I would appreciate the information.

Many Thanks !

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I assume that since Nefarious Pact says "increasing your cast speed" it will not benefit your pets.

Not sure about pet scaling, but I assume you would want to follow the general consensus on stat weights to maximize your dps.

im pretty sure "Spellhaste" is just fancy word for "haste" cause it acts like haste.

7+ Year Old Account
    the whispers of the dark trinket in now way mentions haste... it simply says "increases casting speed"

so the question is more of "does it effect your pets that cast" i dont have the trinket so i cant test this, but that is unlikley

as it says "increases your cast speed by X"
    not "increases haste by X"
    it will not effect your pets attack speeds, but slightly may be possible for it to increase your imp/doomguards casting speed however i doudt it, but its worth a try

also whats your question on the scaling of our pets? you say you have some but never ask them?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    From Wowpedia:

As a warlock improves their stats, their minion also improves[citation needed]

Minions inherit their masters' stats as follows:
    Master's stat Inheritance
    Stamina 75% (erroneously reported as ~1/3 in the tooltip)
    Intellect 30%
    Armor 35%
    Resistances 40%
    Spell damage (highest bonus) 15% (as spell damage)
    57% (as attack power)
    Spell critical strike chance n/a
    Spell penetration 100%[1]
    Resilience 40%[1]
    Spell hit Spell hit, physical hit, expertise, being capped will cap your minion for all three stats, see below for details
    Minions' offensive spells generally gain bonus damage equal to 100% of the minions' spell power, and minions gain 1 auto-attack DPS per 14 attack power like player characters.
    The scaling formulas for hit are not yet available, however the patch 3.2.0 notes state that "If a player is at their appropriate spell hit chance or hit chance maximum, their pet will be at the maximum for spell hit chance, hit chance, and expertise. If they are below the maximum, their pet will be proportionately below those maximums.".[1]
    Minions gain less health and mana from stamina and intellect than player characters. Minions only gain 1 mana per point of base intellect, and do not gain any health from their base stamina. Different minions gain different amounts of health per point of bonus stamina, and different amounts of mana per point of bonus intellect:
    Minion Health per bonus stamina Mana per bonus intellect
    Imp ~8.4 ~4.9
    Voidwalker ~11.0 ~11.5
    Succubus ~9.1 ~11.5
    Felhunter ~9.5 ~11.5
    Felguard ~11.0 ~11.5

(i cant link links as i havent posted enough)

i feel like this is outdated but its the only info i can find.
    I am simply a seeker of knowlegde. (currently on 3/10M simcrafting after every piece of loot it's not about statweights, i know how to do statweights)
    I want to gather information so i can make the most informed decissions i can possibly make, because i strife to be a better player.

As for the whisperstrinket i am unsure if the casting speed also buffs the pets castingspeed (or melee attackspeed for fellguards), since its so very BIS for demo I have questions, but I haven't been fortunate enough to loot it so I cant check. and like i said i cant find the current info for warlock petscaling
    Last edited by mmocb0a20eb52f; 2017-02-24 at 12:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the whispers of the dark trinket in now way mentions haste... it simply says "increases casting speed"

so the question is more of "does it effect your pets that cast" i dont have the trinket so i cant test this, but that is unlikley

it will not effect your pets attack speeds, but slightly may be possible for it to increase your imp/doomguards casting speed however i doudt it, but its worth a try

also whats your question on the scaling of our pets? you say you have some but never ask them?
    Not the first time tooltip is not accurate, it increase dot ticking speed, so it's most likely just a haste buff ^^

Deleted
    so nobody truly knows what the exact pet scalings are I guess.

As for the whiseperstrinket ill check if it increases fellguardhaste as soon as i get it

Seeing how BIS it is , it does . And knowing if it increases your pet haste by 39.5% or 41.2 is irrelevant since you gain nothing from that information concerning your gameplay ...

In France we call that 'Branlette intellectuelle' , dunno the translation in english , sorry
    Last edited by Shadowswann; 2017-02-27 at 04:06 PM.

Deleted
    Hehe, gotta love the French: "Intellectual Masturbation" is a VERY nice way of describing this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowswann View Post
    Seeing how BIS it is , it does . And knowing if it increases your pet haste by 39.5% or 41.2 is irrelevant since you gain nothing from that information concerning your gameplay ...

In France we call that 'Branlette intellectuelle' , dunno the translation in english , sorry
    I disagree. I do gain something from that information, whether it is a better understanding of my class now or maybe more insight for better decisionmaking in the future. I feel like having more information than I have right now is a good thing. Appropiate French sayings or not

Deleted

it works with afflictions dots, so i expect it to work with pets aswell.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimk View Post
    it works with afflictions dots, so i expect it to work with pets aswell.
    dident know that ,maybe it lies and is actuallty haste
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    casting speed is basically haste for us, pets scale with it

It's exactly like haste in every sense of the word, with the one exception being that it doesn't affect abilities that get their cooldowns lowered by haste (i.e. mind blast and void bolt for shadow priest). I got this information between a friend, and asking Not if it affected pets on his stream the week before NH released.

Deleted
    dident know that ,maybe it lies and is actuallty haste
    yeah i didnt know it too until i asked not and terryn, if those 2 say it does i believe it.

Deleted
    allright thanks a bunch guys

you are welcome