Mythic Nighthold Difficult Ranking

Hi,

Pretty straight forward, after the first 3 bosses in Nighthold, how would you rank the bosses? We just cleared the first three and now looking for where to go Botanist vs. Spellblade vs. Krosus vs. Tich.

Deleted
    krosus is quite easy if you got the dps.

(Easiest to hardest)

Krosus -> Spellblade -> Botanist -> Tich.

If I had to do it again I'd probably just go after Spellblade first tbh, unless I was 100% confident I had the damage for Krosus.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spellblade has the added bonus of shorter runback - because someone always forgets to *not* release on Krosus. And ignoring that, there's usually a lot of little things you can improve in each phase, whereas Krosus is usually "(2nd) adds come, everyone dies".

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Spellblade has the added bonus of shorter runback - because someone always forgets to *not* release on Krosus. And ignoring that, there's usually a lot of little things you can improve in each phase, whereas Krosus is usually "(2nd) adds come, everyone dies".
    Can be fixed with a WA, but people should learn to never res. This tier its so stupid to even res, if you die, go afk. Thats what we do, raiders instructed to go afk.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

For the rezzing/wipe protection, just do yourself a favor and make a whole bunch of Failure Detection Pylons, and have healers have them in their bags. On a wipe, they can just drop them, ensuring that at least they (and anyone else that stacks on them) can get rezzed and mass rezz - saving a load of time.

Easiest to hardest.

Mechanical difficulty:
    Botanist > Krosus > Tichondrius > Spellblade

DPS/gear check:
    Spellblade > Botanist > Tichondrius > Krosus

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    For the rezzing/wipe protection, just do yourself a favor and make a whole bunch of Failure Detection Pylons, and have healers have them in their bags. On a wipe, they can just drop them, ensuring that at least they (and anyone else that stacks on them) can get rezzed and mass rezz - saving a load of time.

Easiest to hardest.

Mechanical difficulty:
    Botanist > Krosus > Tichondrius > Spellblade

DPS/gear check:
    Spellblade > Botanist > Tichondrius > Krosus
    What mechanics on Krosus make him harder mechanically than any of the other 3 bosses ? I mean he deals a lot of damage with stuff if you position wrong or don't soak adds or whatever, but theres absolutly 0 complexity on Krosus mechanics. Also how is Krosus less of a DPS check than Botanist and Alluriel ? Botanist is 100% not a DPS check and Alluriel kinda is but nowhere near as much as Krosus.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-02-24 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    What mechanics on Krosus make him harder mechanically than any of the other 3 bosses ? I mean he deals a lot of damage with stuff if you position wrong or don't soak adds or whatever, but theres absolutly 0 complexity on Krosus mechanics. Also how is Krosus less of a DPS check than Botanist and Alluriel ? Botanist is 100% not a DPS check and Alluriel kinda is but nowhere near a smuch as Krosus.
    Those are arrows, not greater than symbols, the list is easiest to hardest from left to right.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    What mechanics on Krosus make him harder mechanically than any of the other 3 bosses ? I mean he deals a lot of damage with stuff if you position wrong or don't soak adds or whatever, but theres absolutly 0 complexity on Krosus mechanics. Also how is Krosus less of a DPS check than Botanist and Alluriel ? Botanist is 100% not a DPS check and Alluriel kinda is but nowhere near as much as Krosus.
    I would say that Krosus is (slightly) mechanically more difficult than Botanist, because the mechanics that it does have are pretty much 1 shot/wipe mechanics. Beam obviously isn't difficult, but it is a 1 shot that will probably cause the most early deaths during progression. If you lose someone and can't brezz them, it's a wipe because of the DPS timer. The soaks and adds require a fair amount of positioning and co-ordination, and result in a wipe if they aren't handled properly. You also have to 3 heal the fight, and have to have 800-900k HPS from the 3 healers, plus need a pretty hefty amount of tank healing, which makes it more unforgiving.

I think Botanist is easier, because the mechanics are all fairly forgiving. You're probably not going to die to Solar Collapse unless you totally flub it and take multiple hits. You won't likely die to spores unless you run through multiple. The only thing that's somewhat tricky is executing a p3 Collapse Night strat, and getting ~8 minutes into the fight with b-rezzes available to get through P3.

10+ Year Old Account
    out of the 4 listed tichondrius was the easiest for us taking only 16 pulls with half of those pulls being early resets with monk teleport. I don't feel there is any harder dps check to this boss as opposed to the others... If everyone lives you'll kill it.

Side note: I do believe a solid group comp can make the fight considerably easier.

Made by dubbelbasse

based on our tries

tichondrius->botanist->krosus->spellblade was the difficulty order

but we killed them in krosus->spellblade->bota->tich order

Deleted
    Hardest --------------------------------------------Easiest
    Botanist (we suck) -> Aluriel -> Krosus -> Tichondrius

Order We Killed:
    Krosus -> Aluriel -> Botanist -> Tichondrius

Our guild is fairly casual so we dont all have the traits for Kro, gear, etc.

Debating between Tich, Spellblade and Bot. We have amazing tank and heals, our dps is meh. What would you guys recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Our guild is fairly casual so we dont all have the traits for Kro, gear, etc.

Debating between Tich, Spellblade and Bot. We have amazing tank and heals, our dps is meh. What would you guys recommend?
    all of them have pretty tight enrages tbh

maybe tich's the most forgiving?

After the first 3, I'd say:

Krosus -> Spellblade => Botanist -> Tichondrius