Page 1 of 41
... LastLast

Over 2000 guilds stuck at 3/10 mythic, was tuning 7 bosses to 54 traits a mistake?

Currently, there are over 2000 guilds stuck at 3/10 mythic in the Nighthold which is quite a problem.

It is almost statistically impossible to kill any of the 7 remaining bosses without a majority of the raid having 54 artifact traits.

Do you see this as a big problem?
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Currently, there are over 2000 guilds stuck at 3/10 mythic in the Nighthold which is quite a problem.

It is almost statistically impossible to kill any of the 7 remaining bosses without a majority of the raid having 54 artifact traits.

I mean, that's a useless number without also knowing how many guilds are raiding in the first place, and how many of those 2,000 guilds have people short on artifact traits.

As someone in a guild that killed Botanist and Krosus with about 8 people at 54 in for the kills (which was one tank and all three healers in Krosus, and three of four in Botanist) I don't think it's an issue to do with needing level 54 at all. Maybe gear is behind for these guilds as compared to others, they have a slightly less powerful single target comp, they are taking one or two players that are "behind" in skill level, but to call it statistically impossible is a little much. An example would be us having a ret paladin in that was level 44 on their weapon, however did more damage than others closer to 54.

After stupid as shit easy M EN, nope.

Why is that a problem? EN mythic was a joke, the first 3 bosses of NH are a joke, the rest are how MYTHIC bosses should be designed. So the shit tier guilds are going to get stuck, disband and then their better players will join real mythic guilds whos best accomplishment is more than "I cleared 7/7M EN"

Bosses now should take 75+ or so wipes for the average guild to kill it. But now is also when those average guilds should be hitting 54 traits, if you have people super behind that, they aren't up to scratch.

Deleted
    It's because the first 3bosses don't even deserve the mythic label. Lots of guilds even have 3/10 without having the previous tier cleared. The rest of the bosses actually are decently tuned though. With a nice balance between dps and mechanical checks.

Well in another fine thread it was stated that mythic is perfectly possible to do with 35 points and sub optimal legendaries so obviously there can't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Username4242 View Post
    I mean, that's a useless number without also knowing how many guilds are raiding in the first place, and how many of those 2,000 guilds have people short on artifact traits.
    Regardless, the tuning and boss difficulty buildup in Nighthold is one of the worst I have ever seen.

There should be a semi linear increase in difficulty for the bosses and not a gigantic difference between the first 3 bosses and next 7 bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Well in another fine thread it was stated that mythic is perfectly possible to do with 35 points and sub optimal legendaries so obviously there can't be a problem.
    That is simply false, with 35 traits you wont even come close to killing the last 7 bosses.
    Last edited by Richardbro; 2017-02-24 at 06:42 AM.

Throwing all of the last 7 in the same boat.... Uh hello?
    There is a slight disparity in the DPS/Healing requirement from boss pick 4 to the last 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Auralyn View Post
    As someone in a guild that killed Botanist and Krosus with about 8 people at 54 in for the kills (which was one tank and all three healers in Krosus, and three of four in Botanist) I don't think it's an issue to do with needing level 54 at all. Maybe gear is behind for these guilds as compared to others, they have a slightly less powerful single target comp, they are taking one or two players that are "behind" in skill level, but to call it statistically impossible is a little much. An example would be us having a ret paladin in that was level 44 on their weapon, however did more damage than others closer to 54.
    yeah, this, its a combination of gear, skill and available raid setup, definitely NOT traits, any mythic raider will have, unless recently rerolled, atleast 40-45 traits by now regardless, that extra 5% would be sweet, but they have no doubt room to improve their gameplay, that will result in better dps gain anyway. we are 3/10 atm, working on botanist after trying krosus and we definitely arent wiping because not all of us have 54 traits, but because we suck, fail at mechanics and then fail at dps when dealing with those mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Why is that a problem? EN mythic was a joke, the first 3 bosses of NH are a joke, the rest are how MYTHIC bosses should be designed. So the shit tier guilds are going to get stuck, disband and then their better players will join real mythic guilds whos best accomplishment is more than "I cleared 7/7M EN"

Bosses now should take 75+ or so wipes for the average guild to kill it. But now is also when those average guilds should be hitting 54 traits, if you have people super behind that, they aren't up to scratch.
    I'm fine and happy with bosses taking over 75 wipes to kill, but the 4th boss of a raid taking over a month for 2000 mythic guilds is a huge error on blizzards front.

I'm fine and happy with bosses taking over 75 wipes to kill, but the 4th boss of a raid taking over a month for 2000 mythic guilds is a huge error on blizzards front.
    You seem to be bypassing any fact or logic being offered here. There are so many contributing factors.
    If you just want to complain that everything is too hard then do so, but if you're opening the debate as to what the reasons may be beyond your "54 too hard" point then you may want to search a little deeper and actually consider the other ideas an opinions.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

No, because once they get more gear 54 becomes less needed.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't comment on the last two, but the first three bosses should have been a little bit harder and the next five bosses should have been a bit easier. Augur is kind of an anomaly. One of the next five has to be the hardest, but Augur is in a completely different league than the other four for some reason, despite the fact you can do whatever you want after the first three.

Also I don't know much more gear people realistically can get. It's certainly not the same as ToV where there was very little room to have iLvL improvement, but we don't see massive swings in gear each week. Barely anybody needs anything off the first three bosses aside from like Metronomes lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    No it's not overtuned, just that the first 3 bosses are somewhat "gift" bosses (which are also kinda tradition when you look at for example Black Temple). Aluriel and onwards are a major step up in difficulty and it's not an issue at all. Also, 54 traits are not needed, they just help if you're bad at doing some mechanics.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

It obviously is a problem. This is mmo champion though, blizzard does no wrong...

There also is a factor of guilds bleeding players like mad. On my server there are like 10 guilds at 3/10, from which 2 are actively progressing atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    No it's not overtuned, just that the first 3 bosses are somewhat "gift" bosses (which are also kinda tradition when you look at for example Black Temple). Aluriel and onwards are a major step up in difficulty and it's not an issue at all. Also, 54 traits are not needed, they just help if you're bad at doing some mechanics.
    54 traits are absolutely needed to make the dps check for any boss beyond trilliax. Pretty much every boss after Trilliax is actually a dps check, once u have all you need from the 1st 3 bosses and farming trash, the only way up is with wep traits...

7+ Year Old Account
    Where did you get that info?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    There also is a factor of guilds bleeding players like mad. On my server there are like 10 guilds at 3/10, from which 2 are actively progressing atm.
    Players behind on ap are getting cut off, and players at 54 traits are leaving for better guilds.