Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anyone else pretty underwhelmed by the MM tier 20 set bonuses?

Seems like the set bonus is pretty lackluster, particularly the 4 piece. BM set bonuses seem really nice however.

MM 2 piece bonus - Aimed Shot reduces the cast time of your next Aimed Shot by 20% and reduces its Focus cost by 20%.
    MM 4 piece bonus - Casting two Aimed Shots in a row increases your Critical Strike damage by 15% for 6 sec.

The 2 piece is interesting but will make the rotation a bit more wonky and I'm not sure if this will make it so we do 3 aimed shots in a vulnerable window, if we do then every other window will have 2 reduced cost aimed shots while others will have only 1. Honestly these set bonuses pale in comparison to the BM set which are as follows:

BM 2 piece - Cobra Shot, Multi-shot, and Kill Command increase the damage bonus of Bestial Wrath by 1.5% for its remaining duration.
    BM 4 piece - Cobra Shot, Multi-shot, and Kill Command deal 20% increased damage while Bestial Wrath is active.

I really hope the T20 marksman 4 set is improved as the current t19 4-set is already pretty dull.

MM is balanced around it's current dps legendaries (boots/belt/gloves). The tier set bonuses for T19/T20 dont make sense without them. With boots, the 2P is great. With gloves the 4p is great. Same with T19

This is blizzard. They have no idea what they are doing.

As per yesterday's QA, currently on the front page:

• These set bonuses are not final and are still being tuned.
    • The Tier 20 set bonuses were just added to start collecting feedback.
    • Initially someone may just add some kind of set bonus to Tier 20 gear so that there is a set bonus, eventually someone will come back and take a look at it to tune it or change it.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    As per yesterday's QA, currently on the front page:

• These set bonuses are not final and are still being tuned.
    • The Tier 20 set bonuses were just added to start collecting feedback.
    • Initially someone may just add some kind of set bonus to Tier 20 gear so that there is a set bonus, eventually someone will come back and take a look at it to tune it or change it.
    we all know how tier set bonus tuning looks at blizzard for mm hunters. one week before patchday the 2 set bonus will be reduced to 8% aimed shit haste and focus reduce and the 4 set bonus will be reduced to 5% more crit damage for 2 seconds.

the t20 set bonuses dont help out the explosive/piercing "meme" build at all. I really hope blizzard changes the t20 set bonuses to embrace multiple playstyles, and not force us down the trickshot build. Otherwise, I will probably end up quitting since I only find the piercig/explosive build to be fun right now.

There's ton's of ways to make the T20 useful for multiple playstyles, just off the top of my head:

2pc: Casting arcane shot has a 10% chance to refresh the cooldown on Windburst.
    4pc: Windburst increases your haste by 15% for 7 seconds.

This would encourage players to collect the 2pc/4pc for both playstyles, trickshot and explosive/Piercing. They are also fun bonuses, that work together and add some complexity to the rotation.
    Last edited by HappyLuckBox; 2017-02-25 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLuckBox View Post
    the t20 set bonuses dont help out the explosive/piercing "meme" build at all. I really hope blizzard changes the t20 set bonuses to embrace multiple playstyles, and not force us down the trickshot build. Otherwise, I will probably end up quitting since I only find the piercig/explosive build to be fun right now.

There's ton's of ways to make the T20 useful for multiple playstyles, just off the top of my head:

2pc: Casting arcane shot has a 10% chance to refresh the cooldown on Windburst.
    4pc: Windburst increases your haste by 15% for 7 seconds.

This would encourage players to collect the 2pc/4pc for both playstyles, trickshot and explosive/Piercing.
    Good ideea actually, i was thinking why don't the tier pieces just improve the artifact spells like Windburst in your example. And for BM something with Titan's Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal View Post
    Good ideea actually, i was thinking why don't the tier pieces just improve the artifact spells like Windburst in your example. And for BM something with Titan's Thunder.
    Having a tier bonus improve titan's thunder would overall be a poor decision, simply because SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE will complain because they're 4 pieced, but don't have Titan's Thunder unlocked for their artifact so they can't benefit until they get off their lazy ass and drop 1.5 mil AP into their weapon.

Other than that, 100% agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Measure View Post
    Seems like the set bonus is pretty lackluster, particularly the 4 piece. BM set bonuses seem really nice however.

MM 2 piece bonus - Aimed Shot reduces the cast time of your next Aimed Shot by 20% and reduces its Focus cost by 20%.
    MM 4 piece bonus - Casting two Aimed Shots in a row increases your Critical Strike damage by 15% for 6 sec.
    It would be strange if Blizzard decides to implement such an unyielding bonus set for MM since they promised us more variation and viablility in builds and gameplay. The T20 2 and 4 setbonus basically makes playing the Trickshot build mandatory and renders the meme build obsolete. I like both playstyles and would miss the option to alternate.

Having said that, T20 basically means 3 aimed shots within a vulnerable window and 15% crit damage on top of the Trueshot crit damage bonus. Outside of Trueshot we have an extra aimed shot with PS buff. I have no idea how much movement is involved in the new Raid, but we'll definately be even more of a turret than before - a worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Having a tier bonus improve titan's thunder would overall be a poor decision, simply because SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE will complain because they're 4 pieced, but don't have Titan's Thunder unlocked for their artifact so they can't benefit until they get off their lazy ass and drop 1.5 mil AP into their weapon.

Other than that, 100% agree.
    There will be a chain quest in early 7.2 that will unlock all old traits of your weapon, basically making it 54 points no matter how much you spent on it before. And people with the hard cap on the weapon will have 20(?) points worth in AP refiunded back to the weapon when finishing the same quest.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphre View Post
    There will be a chain quest in early 7.2 that will unlock all old traits of your weapon, basically making it 54 points no matter how much you spent on it before. And people with the hard cap on the weapon will have 20(?) points worth in AP refiunded back to the weapon when finishing the same quest.
    This is technically a little misleading. Basically after the quest you will be refunded all of the 4th golden trait, save 1 point (the 5% damage increase). Thus all weapons with at least 35 will remain at 35 traits. For anyone who has 36 or more traits currently that AP will be refunded back to the weapon. Thus, if you have 54 traits in your MM bow when the patch hits you will get roughly 58-59m AP back to spend on the new traits (or up the old ones). It basically gets you 4 of the new traits with about 6.9m left over.

- - - Updated - - -

The first trait you can get of the 4 new ones is the +10% damage/+10% stamina which puts you back to where you are now, with 54 traits.

Praying for them to be placeholders and for the T20 MM set to not actually suck, I really don't enjoy the thought of switching to BM.

I actually like the set bonuses on T20 that are atm.

I play TS build but with L&L instead of TA due to being able to be more mobile and not as restricted to target switching. It also works better with the Legendary belt imo compared to TS that gets eaten when you use the belt stacks. And get better results with it.

The T20 set bonuses will make L&L even better due to the synergy it will get with the instant aimed shots Unless ofc the 2 set proc gets eaten by the free and instant aimed shots. That however will have to get reported and fixed as it shouldn't be the case

The 4 set however will be a lot better since with L&L proc one can fit 4 Aimed shots in a vulnerable window pretty easily.
    Last edited by Pyrophobia; 2017-02-27 at 09:29 AM.

People saying "I like meme build" are you high on crack or something?

Quote Originally Posted by PewPewArrowz View Post
    People saying "I like meme build" are you high on crack or something?
    It is definitely better than that trickshot build.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    makes sense. I am not sure why many are not happy with this T20 set bonuses.
    because it restricts our movement.
    i really dont understand blizz developer's thought processes. there was a huge shitstorm about turreting and vulnerability (especially with patient sniper) in 7.15 and instead of showing any interest to the hunterplayers they think forcing us to chain aimed shots is a good idea.

also chd just isnt fun.with current statweights i sit at 30% crit. so its going to be even more important to get lucky with crits at the end of our vulnerability windows/belt-glove enhanced aimed shots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidux View Post
    MM is balanced around it's current dps legendaries (boots/belt/gloves). The tier set bonuses for T19/T20 dont make sense without them. With boots, the 2P is great. With gloves the 4p is great. Same with T19

This is blizzard. They have no idea what they are doing.
    And that's why, after 10 years of playing hunter, I am seriously considering rerolling.

I have 3 legendaries, all healing (Prydaz, Voodoo Mask, Roots). How the fuck am I supposed to compete with the other hunters in my guild when they have boot/belt/gloves? They are pushing 100k dps (single target) over me with only slightly better gear (897 to 903) , but because of the legendary situation, the dps boosts go from negligible to massive.

Fuck this shit...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohgasauraus View Post
    It is definitely better than that trickshot build.
    Nothing quite like getting 4 shots of decent damage every minute. Oh, that's only if there are multiple targets!

If not, it's 2 shots per minute!

Meme build is fun in dungeons, but it's fucking shit for raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thomolithic View Post
    Meme build is fun in dungeons, but it's fucking shit for raiding.
    I have to disagree with you on one aspect. Meme build is good on some bosses. Gul'dan for example, Meme is way better than trickshot in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixdays View Post
    I have to disagree with you on one aspect. Meme build is good on some bosses. Gul'dan for example, Meme is way better than trickshot in my opinion.
    meme is pretty ok on 7 out of 10 bosses in NH, not only Guldan. And limiting gameplay options is sure sad. Dont forget about new art traits - they buff vulnerable, so boosting trickshot build even further with tier. And making pips (like me) without belt invalid on aoe/cleave fights, and pips without gloves (like me again, 6 bad legs) bad on ST fights
    Last edited by Daerron; 2017-03-07 at 11:58 AM.

Meme is actually the best spec for most fights.

As 7.2 draws near it seems as though these underwhelming bonuses are going live. Pretty jealous of other class' bonuses in comparison to ours. We're also getting a nerf to our deadly aim trait to help compensate our devastatingly awesome single target dps /s