Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Rift 4.2 Sneak Peek

Even though Update 4.1 has been pushed back to March 29th, it seems work is also ongoing on Update 4.2 and the last zone up to the north of the Comet.

On the Live Stream last night they teased a few art concept pics of what to expect and looks like Crucia is back and wants a piece of the action.

Crucia's Flagship:

A Storm Legion Colossus:

Close up of Colossus:

A 'Tank' type Colossus:

Some poor 'Essence Drained' sap:

All Hail Crucia!

10+ Year Old Account
    The haven't even got 4.1 out. It's been delayed ANOTHER MONTH. Dungeons and LFR - features promised in the expansion are still buggy.

RIFT STARFALL PROPHECY. BUYER BEWARE - NO REFUND POLICY ON AN INCOMPLETE, BUGGY PRODUCT.

Official RIFT Forum thread by a guy who sums it up: 4.1 March 29?

Trion were dishonest about the game always being F2P, about nothing ever being behind a paywall. Now, people who stuck around are surprised they feel "lied to" ?

Still no producers letter / plan for 2017 ~ that was coming for launch of 4.1. I guess you RIFT guys will see that in April too (maybe?).
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-02-25 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    All Hail Crucia!
    Oh hey, look at that. Crucia. Again! She comes back more often than a comic book super villain at this point.

The problem with concept artwork is that it's just that, a concept. Concept work is pretty easy to get right, getting it right in game without it completely tanking performance is a much harder task and one that Trion have struggled with regularly in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Official RIFT Forum thread by a guy who sums it up: 4.1 March 29?
    This is, of course, the elephant in the room. It's fine them showing some ideas for what they want to do in the future, but they're in serious trouble right now.

Upping the price and lowering both the quaility and the quantity of your work is just asking to be forced out of the market. I think thats what we're seeing with Rift right now, they're simply too uncompetative in the market place to hold on to their customers. Old players are leaving due to lack of content and lack of quality control and new players are being turned off by being able to get a better quality MMO cheaper elsewhere.

It's funny, I distinctly remember talking in level 65 chat about how going to a B2P model for SFP would absolutely devastate player numbers if it didn't come with a significant improvement in quality, and a small number of people insisted that it would work out in the long run. I take no joy in being right, but I'm really baffled as to how and why Trion thought they'd get away with it.

Realisticly speaking playing Rift feels like playing something on Greenlight right now. It's a buggy, unfinished mess with promises of content coming "soon™".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Oh hey, look at that. Crucia. Again! She comes back more often than a comic book super villain at this point.
    Oh, hey! Look - that complaint thread on the official RIFT forums? Shut down already.

Trion's list of excuses when they can't deliver (so far EACH used in two separate instances when promises didn't materialize)
    1. We all got flu
    2. People need Paid Time Off

oh, and...
    3. We're delaying it to give it more polish (because that's also been a promise kept... NEVER?)

End of thread before locking down, even when saying people are taking time off, TrionBrasse promises "something" (she knows she can't deliver) in capital letters - you know, the way Trion does lately? She says they will "PROBABLY" do something... then turn around when they don't deliver and say "we said PROBABLY"

As this thread is shut down, it will probably be deleted, here's a COPY/PASTE before it does - so people aren't fooled at PAX (or anywhere else) into buying into this joke.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...arch-29th.html

4.1 March 29th?

POSTED BY: dundare / Join Date Sep 2010

I do not really understand how this can be happening to the game I love or at least loved prior to 2017. Is it really true that Trion is now saying all those things you have been forced to wait for will now be another month before release?

I run Dawn of Terror, a guild on Faeblight and prior to that Seastone and prior to that Stonecrest. We have been here as a raiding guild with a family feel or a family guild that raids since the game came out. We have been big and active since the start, never bailing on rift and dealing with all the ups and downs that Trion threw at us.

When SFP was announced, we were really worried about the move away from 20 man raiding because well that is what we were based around. We had cleared 8/9 MoM and 4/4 HM COA with 2 groups and 2/4 HM in the third. We had people on at night (usually 25-45) and even when raiding we had other folks running WF, doing dimensions, experts, crafting, rifts you name it.

Fast forward since SFP came out - our guild is DYING. Players who logged in 6 or 7 nights a week for years started logging in to say hi and then just tab out cause they were 70 and nothing to do. The logins became less frequent and our guild is down to 10-15 on at night max with most of them tabbed out. As Maker posted we had some energy on PTS and you could feel people being willing to give Trion one last chance with 4.1 as it drew closer. Even so we were down to about 18 people committed to our 10 man teams from 38-42 prior to SFP.

I know Brasse acted like something was wrong with maker for sounding frustrated, but ye gods dont you get this lack of content and the delays and bugs and crashes and disappointments around this game are destroying Rift? You are destroying my guild. I put a lot of time into it over the years and it means a lot to me and my guildies.

Right now, we have:

1) No raid content
    2) No raid rifts
    3) No crafting rifts
    4) No PVP rifts
    5) No conquest
    6) No new warfronts
    7) No PA
    8) No new guild levels or new guild quests

That is just off the top of my head. You have taken a game and slowly gutted it in the name of progress. You fail to deliver then blame people for being frustrated or not constructive. It is not our fault you promised stuff and failed to deliver. It is not our fault that months after the game has come out you have failed to deliver anything post launch except a buggy zone event, 1 crappy LFR boss, and a recycled 5 man that we all ran into the ground before November 16th.

I think it is long past time you guys admit you really really really screwed up and go into we need to make it up to you mode. Instead of acting like drink service will be as normal as the Titanic sinks beneath the waves, say we really screwed up and we are going to do all we can to keep this alive for as many of you as we can. Admit the fault is with you and not the players who have sunk thousands of dollars on this game over the years.

I dont know what has happened to Scott Hartsman's vision of a triple A mmo, but this isnt it. I dont know what happened to the game that inspired so many highs for their players that the lows could always be excused. I do not know what happened to the game that pledged a new commitment to listening to and responding to its players. I do know that this is a disaster.

What percentage of the player base do you think you have lost since:

1) SFP was announced?
    2) SFP was released?
    3) LFR and the zone event failed
    4) The announcement that nothing was going to happen until 4.1 was released and then 4.1 would not be until March 1
    5) The announcement that 4.1 will now be pushed back another month?

I do not get how this could be allowed to happen. You guys havent even finished the producers letter promised for 2017 yet.

I would really like some kind of answer as to what the hell is going on because right now it feels like the smart and sane decision for any guild in Rift is to...leave Rift.

RIFT: Starfall Prophecy - BUYER BEWARE - buggy, laggy, incomplete, delayed, delayed, delayed - NO REFUND POLICY!
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-02-26 at 01:24 AM.

I enjoyed how Brasse continually missed the point of peoples posts in that thread. It's like Trion saps away the talent from the talented people it picks up : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I enjoyed how Brasse continually missed the point of peoples posts in that thread. It's like Trion saps away the talent from the talented people it picks up : /

they seem to just be in down play mode just ignoring the problem tell it goes away, and i kinda have sympathy for Brasse just imagine dealing with angry moo players which are not always the most rational

10+ Year Old Account
    well, they were right on one thing... its not azeroth... Kappa

10+ Year Old Account
    She's clueless. It's embarrassing how bad Trion are treating their customers. It's shameful. I have never seen a company suck so bad at Customer Support and PR. They promised on a livestream that everything is going to schedule and then delay the content by 4 weeks and announce it a mere few days before release?

Did you see the illogical response in this thread where TrionBrasse responds to someone in the forum thread where the OP asks a specific question and she says she's answering a question asked by a person who posted in chat on the livestream? Why post in this thread at all?

Was she drunk? See post #1 and then her two responses. Did she realize she was being blatantly dismissive and abrupt and try make a feeble excuse?

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-pushback.html

I absolutely confess that this whole thing fascinates me - like watching a train wreck.

I lost interest in this at one point, but man, these guys are a clusterf--k of a company.Just when you think they've hit rock bottom, they insist on proving they can dig deeper.

Also, having their resident White Knight come here regularly and try promote market the game triggers me every time. There must be some sort of incentive. No-one can be that delusional.

I don't think people / outsiders realize that the game has TWO friggin' new dungeons as "endgame" content - still buggy. A buggy, laggy (10 second delay on abilities) zone event and ONE boss in a LFR - which you can PAY CASH for more loot. One upscale dungeon from vanilla. One upscaled dungeon from the LAST EXPANSION - not a vanilla, not a SL, but the last expansion. That is it. That is endgame in RIFT - four months after release, this will be it.

How the f--k anyone continues to play is beyond me. many achievements are broken - you're allowed ONE fix by CS every six months.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-02-26 at 02:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey, look at that. Burning Legion Again....was there some point to your post?

Oh hey, look at that. Burning Legion Again....was there some point to your post?
    Probably that fighting the same major enemies relatively often, regardless of what game it is in, isn't terribly interesting or compelling.

You can take a piece of criticism without needing to deflect it to WoW, dude.

Oh look at that deflecting to WoW again to make Rift seem like it's better.

- - - Updated - - -

Brasse not able to do her job as a CM? Get outta town Edge!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    they seem to just be in down play mode just ignoring the problem tell it goes away, and i kinda have sympathy for Brasse just imagine dealing with angry moo players which are not always the most rational
    I have no sympathy for her. She is as useless as Ocho was. But still credit where it's due Dahanese was worse.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-02-26 at 10:05 AM.

Crucia has been a major antagonist for the past 3 expansions. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but she's been defeated 4 or 5 times by the players now? The Storm Legion themselves have been showing up as enemies since Rift was released. It would be nice to have someone new to fight, give the Storm Legion a rest for an expansion or two before they show up again, if nothing else for the sake of variety.

I'm sure that after we beat Crucia this time around, much like a Comic book Villain, she'll be restored to life through some plot hole and return stronger than ever.

I'll go ahead and respond to your obnoxiously smug comparison to WoW because that's your knee-jerk response to someone criticizing Rift. (As if they are on the same playing field)

The last time the Burning Legion were the main antagonists was during the Burning Crusade expansion which was about 10 years ago. (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...urning_Crusade)
    The announcement of the Burning Legion coming back was met with massive amounts of excitement, they are an old enemy which brought back a lot of nostalgia for the community. We've seen the Burning Legion ONCE before and it was almost a decade ago. But nice attempt at derailing everyone's critique.

Leaving this here:
    Crucia has been a major antagonist for the past 3 expansions. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but she's been defeated 4 or 5 times by the players now?

Don't forget where you are posting Mr Slipmat. This is primarily a WoW forum. You're not fooling anyone here, either learn to take criticism on the chin or don't say anything at all. Your obsessive WoW comparisons are coming off desperate.
    Last edited by Lidenbok; 2017-02-26 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RiainED View Post
    I'll go ahead and respond to your obnoxiously smug comparison to WoW because that's your knee-jerk response to someone criticizing Rift. (As if they are on the same playing field)

The last time the Burning Legion were the main antagonists was during the Burning Crusade expansion which was about 10 years ago. (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...urning_Crusade)
    The announcement of the Burning Legion coming back was met with massive amounts of excitement, they are an old enemy which brought back a lot of nostalgia for the community. We've seen the Burning Legion ONCE before and it was almost a decade ago. But nice attempt at derailing everyone's critique.

Leaving this here:

Don't forget where you are posting Mr Slipmat. This is primarily a WoW forum. You're not fooling anyone here, either learn to take criticism on the chin or don't say anything at all. Your obsessive WoW comparisons are coming off desperate.
    Funny thing is all he does is use WoW as a comparison. Each time someone criticizes Rift he pulls up WoW and even things they did years ago to try and make Rift appear better.

Because that's all he can do. He has no legitimate way to defend Rift. It's an absolute shit show. All he can do it twist and turn peoples words to fit his agenda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loooool, you guys are too funny for words, of course i'm going to compare most things to WoW, this is a freaking 99.99999% WoW fansite, there's posters here that know nothing else except WoW so you need to draw some comparisons for them, for example WoW's Scenarios are a copy of Rift's Chronicles and so on.....

I better not mention so how often you fought Onyxia or Nefarian but i digress, Crucia is the only Blood Storm Dragon not killed so from a Lore point of view there has to be some continuity between Telara, the Vigil, the Shade and the Blood Storm dragons, but that means actually playing the game.

Loooool, you guys are too funny for words, of course i'm going to compare most things to WoW, this is a freaking 99.99999% WoW fansite, there's posters here that know nothing else except WoW so you need to draw some comparisons for them, for example WoW's Scenarios are a copy of Rift's Chronicles and so on.....

I better not mention so how often you fought Onyxia or Nefarian but i digress, Crucia is the only Blood Storm Dragon not killed so from a Lore point of view there has to be some continuity between Telara, the Vigil, the Shade and the Blood Storm dragons, but that means actually playing the game.
    Oh look another dig at WoW to make Rift look better why am I not surprised. Also no you literally only compare to dump on WoW to make Rift appear better. Don't act like you don't. Don't pretend you compare because it's a WoW fansite. You know exactly what you do here. You literally bring up points from WoW some that are years old to make Rift appear better when it's already known it's in a dire state. If anything what you do is present a toxic community which ironically steers people away from Rift. You might be able to act innocent on the Rift forums because it's a haven for you but here even the moderation can see past the rubbish you spout.

I mean even people on the official forums have said they are unhappy with the 4.1 delay and Trions bullshit. But of course Brasse doesn't help the issue by completely ignoring it and instead derailing the topics. Great CM work there by the way. Also locking the thread pure genius Brasse. Oh wait sorry that's standard of the Rift CMs and forum team to lock threads that say anything critical of their game. How silly of me to forget that.

Also we've fought Onyxia twice in a 5 year period and Nefarian twice in a 5 year period. Would love for you to explain how fighting them twice is "often". I don't see an issue with that since they are Deathwing's children and relate directly to the Cataclysm story but were not made main story since the Bastion of Twilight shared that story with the whole Twilight cultists stuff and our side story was the Wind Lord Al'Akir. Reanimated drakes are nothing new and Sapphiron and Sindragosa are 2 prime examples. This is just lack of creativity from the Rift devs with Crucia. Although Starfall has shown a lot of that already. I mean the first proper raid is just Rise of the Phoenix upscaled where the new one is made for LFR. Again you literally dumped on WoW to make Rift look better with that statement which has backfired.

I imagine 4.2s raid will probably be an upscale as well. Speculation on my part but well it's Trion and nothing surprises me at this point.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-02-26 at 08:20 PM.

Let's get something straight. I have nothing against comparisons when it's appropriate.

The reason I jumped down your throat for the previous comparison because it was completely uncalled for and out of no where, it was just an obvious dig at something completely irrelevant to the discussion. You felt cornered so you lashed out at WoW, attempting to derail the conversation and shifting the spotlight on to something else.
    Instead of acting like a preschooler and going "but wow did it" every time someone criticizes Rift. Try and add something constructive or just don't say anything at all.

P.S. Me not playing the game any more does not stop me from having an opinion on a product I once adored, nor does it stop me calling you out on your rubbish. Obviously the temp-ban didn't teach you much, not that I'm surprised.
    Last edited by Lidenbok; 2017-02-26 at 07:52 PM.

If you are going to introduce major new antagonists to your game then an expansion is the time to do it. Lots of time to build up story hooks before the players encounter them and lots of time to build them into the fabric of the world. It's not really the time to be recycling old bosses that have outlived their own expansions and have already had a major part in someone elses expansion too.

Recycling your antagonists for each expansion goes beyond continuity into the "We have no more better ideas" catagory at best, and the "We're shamelessly reusing this because we don't have the budget for something new" at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by RiainED View Post
    The one leg holding up Rift right now is starting to wobble and defending Rift based on it's own merits is getting increasingly difficult. I'm not saying that because I want Rift to fail, I'm saying it because I want Rift to succeed. Shielding Rift from the criticism it is due only serves to keep it from making the improvements it needs, and that's not a state of affairs I want to see continue.

Unfortunately there has always been strong pushback against any criticism leveled at Rift, especially when it's valid. The vocal section of the playerbase has always been quick to play the "At least we're not WoW" card to shut down any discussion about the issues for as long as I can remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time Slipmat comes here, pretty much everyone's suspicion that he's probably a freelance marketing guy for RIFT is raised.

How the hell can anyone with any integrity promote RIFT right now?

Like 75% of the stuff from the previous expansion hasn't been upgraded to work with the new DLC. There is no end-game. No raids and won't be for another month when the game was released 16 Nov 2016 - with many, many bugs.

This expansion contains about 10~20% of what the previous expansion contained at launch.

See the post from the forums above:
    1) No raid content, 2) No raid rifts, 3) No crafting rifts, 4) No PVP rifts, 5) No conquest, 6) No new warfronts, 7) No PA, 8) No new guild levels or new guild quests

They just abandoned everything and added almost nothing.

RIFT STARFALL PROPHECY: BUYER BEWARE
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-02-26 at 09:59 PM.