Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipsissimus View Post
    Here's an example. His best legendary is Odr, Shawl of the Ymirjar. Keep in mind that he's missing out on some kills/re-kills simply because his 5-6 legendaries are all garbage, and at the given level, there are others with better luck who are competent enough at playing the game to fill the raid spot.
    So, his raid is taken by someone who performs better because they have better legendaries? Or for other reasons? It sucks for him for sure, but i don't believe that 900ilvl shadow priest is denied a raid spot because of lack of DPS, i honestly been expecting someone linking a SV hunter here or something like that. I also don't think that it's worth to stay in a guild if you can't raid here... unless you are raiding but on a different toon, which is entirely possible and acceptable thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    So, his raid is taken by someone who performs better because they have better legendaries? Or for other reasons? It sucks for him for sure, but i don't believe that 900ilvl shadow priest is denied a raid spot because of lack of DPS, i honestly been expecting someone linking a SV hunter here or something like that. I also don't think that it's worth to stay in a guild if you can't raid here... unless you are raiding but on a different toon, which is entirely possible and acceptable thing
    He's a Warlock but ok

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipsissimus View Post
    It's a super simple concept: A character's power should not be tied to pure RNG.
    AP is not bound to any rng what the fuck are u talking about?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Legendaries?

7+ Year Old Account
    At this point you want them to be a 3rd talent row, right?
    Legendaries and gear is not something you progress to, it drops randomly. Regular gear which you can rely on drops from bosses and at way higher rate. It's guaranteed drop for raid, not for player. You may as well kill boss 10 times and not see a single piece of desired item, just like with legendaries.
    Some people blow it out of proportion because... well, it's easy to do, they can drop from almost anything but at extremely low rate. Not getting a legendary from cache from three weeks of dailies may sound and feel horribly, but it's the fucking same as not getting the gate trinket from augur because its loot table is bloated with shitty versatility items and relics that you can't use on main spec from 3 kills. And not getting your wanted legendary is the same as getting a versatility/haste boots on your fire mage. It sucks, but it's part of the game, you just vendor that shit and move on and hope that next time you'll get lucky.
    Pretty much yeah The reason why i kind of like the current version of D3, is because legendaries are very easy to get and you can with a small amount of farming get a specific set of legendaries for your character. You can play around with all the fun effects and do all the fun you want without having to farm for weeks on end just to get the belt with the fun effect

You are right that both legendaries and gear is RNG based, but the difference is that you have some control about the drops of bosses with master loot and that you can find pieces of equal value with gear and not with legendaries. Some legendaries of equal item lvl have a huge diffrence in what they provide.

Since legendaries have such a low drop rate, it is invisible for the players and therefore most people are feeling like they can farm them at all and that they just drop randomly.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    The perspective changes when you're working on content that demands specific amounts of damage, healing and survival. Every minute I don't use the legendarys that amplify one of those characteristics makes the fight that much harder and take that much more time to complete. We are actively trying to get realm firsts and US top rankings where possible and this drags it to a halt on a lot of occasions.
    I don't buy this at all. You are in 1 in 20. Skill levels, even when high, will vary as will details of gear. Your personal lack of the legendary you want isn't making that much of a difference.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I don't buy this at all. You are in 1 in 20. Skill levels, even when high, will vary as will details of gear. Your personal lack of the legendary you want isn't making that much of a difference.
    I agree that people can usually get better and increase their performance by x%, but not having the legendaries (at the top end) is usually the biggest delta in DPS.

His raid spot isn't as secure because other people have better legendaries, and they're prioritized for the raid spots and for loot. I doubt I can find you a Shadow Priest specifically, because they happen to have relatively balanced legendaries, but really, the character I linked is just one of many.

Whether it's worth staying in a guild or not is irrelevant, the simple fact is that a scenario where the only reason someone isn't getting to raid is his shit luck with legendaries is a very realistic one and it does indeed occur. The feedback in Alpha/Beta was unanimously that these legendaries would lead to exactly that. Blizzard didn't listen.

Do imagine though, raiding with worse players than you are purely because of your luck with orange pixels, something you have zero control over. Would this also be the raid leader's fault, when the content is tuned to a throughput which can't be met without such legendaries? Someone already specified Augur, Elisande and Gul'Dan in this very thread. I'd add Helya to that list as well.

When I got the Pyro bracers as my 2nd legendary, which were the difference maker between me actually getting to progress raids in an adequately competent environment or possibly stopping altogether I wasn't happy nor did I feel relief. I was angry, knowing how close I was to get a 2nd utility legendary and thus sealing my Mage's fate for at the very least the next few months. The same Mage I've been playing since 2008. At the mercy of pure RNG.

Another thing you've just mentioned: "A Survival Hunter". Why not just a Hunter? As it has been at every point in this game's lifespan up until this expansion.
    I played 3 specs in HFC, 2 in BRF, 3 in Highmaul, 2 in DS, 2 in FL, 3 in BWD/ToFW/BoT, 2 in ICC, 2 in TotGC, 3 in Ulduar. Now I have 2 Arcane legendaries because I spent a grand total of 12 hours this expansion with Arcane set as my loot spec. Class fantasy at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    This thread is about the Legendary system.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Marquee Bindings of the Sun King are worth 11% damage increase.
    Koralon's Burning Touch is worth 10% damage increase.
    I merely mention the Fire Mage ones because it's what the class was forced into playing when the expansion launched.
    On top of that, Legion, compared to prior expansions, has a greater percentage of the player's damage tied to RNG by spec design.

I mean no offense, but you're uninformed.
    Last edited by Ipsissimus; 2017-02-25 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    n fact there is roughly a 4 week gap between receiving them and this means that I won't be likely to see whats next until well after this current raid is over.
    that's pretty much how it is for me as well despite doing quite a bit to get the bad luck protection going. Can't do anything about it sucks but well at least the terribad are happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    But then comes the question why you are the last to be picked? If you are the last dps to be picked, there is often a good reason for that, which has something to do with things not DPS focused. At that point, you proberly have many other things to improve on other then your dps, which would give you a spot before you come to the last spot.
    Sometimes, sometimes not. If all are relatively equal in dps, you may still be benched over a legendary being worse than someone else's. Some people are that superficial. Good for you if you haven't had it happen.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2017-02-25 at 09:19 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Sometimes, sometimes not. If all are relatively equal in dps, you may still be benched over a legendary being worse than someone else's. Some people are that superficial. Good for you if you haven't had it happen.
    I am totally with you if we talk about 1 or 2 nights of benching, but being benched over a long period of time because of legendary is hard thing to believe is a common thing. I have tried to be benched for a progression try because i had worse weapen then my rogue guildmate, but it was for 2 tries only and not for any longer period. Have not seen that behavier either much around.

I get that it can happend, but stuff like that will always happend, even if you had all legendaries or none.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's existing threads for this kind of thing, we don't need individual rant threads.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)