Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    How is Ivanka pushing anything through? Was she elected somewhere, or confirmed by the senate?
    You don't need to be an elected official to propose a bill or to champion legislation. Its called lobbying.

"‘I Would Have No Problem’ Banning Lobbyists."
    - Donald J Trump.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    $125k might be reasonable with NYC in mind.

I'm very well aware that the cost of living is very different depending on where people live and I made my comment with that in mind.
    OK, if 125K is reasonable then considering that any policy introduced will be debated and compromised to something that will eventually be at least something close to reasonable (probably about 125K single/200K couple) the starting point will have to be considerably higher than that reasonable point.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    There was no twisting of your words. You used the prohibitive costs of child care to accentuate why this would be a good thing for low income. When you try to apply the same logic and reasoning for the rest, it doesn't work, right?

Your answer to why this should be available to those making much greater income is basically "it's only 20%", which is not a satisfactory answer.
    if you think 50-150k is greater income for anyone with a family you must not live in Cali or any of the states with high cost of living... Remember we have to make laws for all Americans which include those liberal states who think a gallon of milk should cost 5 dollars and rent for a studio apartment should cost $2500 a month and entree level homes cost 500k...

Again Maybe the cap should be $150k but 150-250k people will make up like sub 2% of the amount of people this will help. So you rather the 98% suffer so the republicans can't keep some money in career people who arn't even 1%'ers pockets.

Deleted
    So, lobbying by family is now permited in the US?

15+ Year Old Account
    Draining the swamp for the benefit of the blue-collar working family I see.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

That is an incredibly unreasonable threshold. It's almost like she lives in some sort of bubble of wealth and privilege and has never had contact with the real world.
    I heard some people can't even afford leather seats on their private planes. BibleThump.

Look at all the intolerant behavior among you. You are attacking a defenseless young lady for trying to better the lives of children. Shame on all of you. Seriously, what kind of person prevents the aid for children. Remember when Hilary said she cares about children? President Trump cares about the children even more. The children will be winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    Look at all the intolerant behavior among you. You are attacking a defenseless young lady for trying to better the lives of children. Shame on all of you. Seriously, what kind of person prevents the aid for children. Remember when Hilary said she cares about children? President Trump cares about the children even more. The children will be winning.
    Yeah, and fuck all that children that demand healthcare and education. The holy book is edumufucation enough!

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    children that demand healthcare and education.
    "I want to go to the doctor and I want to study", said no child ever.

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    "I want to go to the doctor and I want to study", said no child ever.
    This may surprise you, but children grow older eventually. :-O

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This may surprise you, but children grow older eventually. :-O
    at which point they stop being children

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Yea, it's not like her father, who may or may not have a weird obsession with her, is president or anything.
    We weren't taking advice from Sasha or Malia. Though I get the feeling that they might have designed a better policy than this hogwash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    if you think 50-150k is greater income for anyone with a family you must not live in Cali or any of the states with high cost of living... Remember we have to make laws for all Americans which include those liberal states who think a gallon of milk should cost 5 dollars and rent for a studio apartment should cost $2500 a month and entree level homes cost 500k...

Again Maybe the cap should be $150k but 150-250k people will make up like sub 2% of the amount of people this will help. So you rather the 98% suffer so the republicans can't keep some money in career people who arn't even 1%'ers pockets.
    Atleast my home is regulated... I'd rather live in that than a $400 a month tinderbox out in the middle of the woods 60 miles from civilization in the middle of the red dildo that runs through the middle of the country.

I bet houses that cheap don't even come with a bathroom attached to the house.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Or since Republicans are currently giving Trump basically whatever he wants, if he asks for $250k, he'll probably get $250k.
    Since Republicans don't control a supermajority of the Senate (as Obama did for 2 years) they can't just give him anything. Speaking of which what bills have the Republicans sent to Trump for signature so far giving him whatever he wants?

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa whoa whoa. Now SHE is getting involved with politics? Day by day we dive deeper into Satan's butthole.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Then your retort was stupid as up to that point the debate was on merits not Trump hatred. I was just responding to your statement assuming you meant it as stated since the rest of the conversation had been civil and based in logic.

Deleted
    So that is a 50 billion yearly tax revenue loss. Why do I have a suspicion that it won't be filled by taxing something else, and then you'd end up with cuts, cuts that could very likely hit the exact mothers that you are trying to help (the low income ones, not the 250,000 dollar ones).

Child care expenses are already deductions up to a certain point, there is no need to increase it. If they really wanted to make child care cheaper, they would get rid of some of the regulations surrounding day care facilities. Reduce the required ratios of providers to children, that is the best place to start.

Day care is expensive, and many couples find out that having two people work at the same time is not financially viable. The better solution would be to stagger hours if possible, and have one person work swings and/or mids.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, for all my problems with Trump I've held out hope Ivanka would be the voice of reason to her father's insanity.

I guess she's just a byproduct of her affluence and nothing more after all.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckatron5000 View Post
    You know, for all my problems with Trump I've held out hope Ivanka would be the voice of reason to her father's insanity.

I guess she's just a byproduct of her affluence and nothing more after all.
    I deem this post a fake post. Reported!

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Atleast my home is regulated... I'd rather live in that than a $400 a month tinderbox out in the middle of the woods 60 miles from civilization in the middle of the red dildo that runs through the middle of the country.

I bet houses that cheap don't even come with a bathroom attached to the house.
    This is the problem with people from Comifornia and New york. They think OMG your house costs less than $500k how do you even live like OMG you must live in a shack...

No you sheltered rich kid we just live in the real world. our houses are just as regulated and are just as big we just pay 1/2-1/4th cause we live in the real world where the economy has hit housing markets..