Poll: Who is the most accomplished

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Most Accomplished Old God

Who has the most accomplishments between C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, Xal'atath, and N'Zoth?

C'Thun is the obvious loser of this competition since he is only responsible for the War of Shifting Sands and the Ahn'Qiraj event in WoW. In his death, he also helped empower Cho'gall since Cho'gall took some of C'Thun's lingering power.

Yogg-Saron is responsible for the corruption of Loken and the other 4 Ulduar Keepers (though they weren't corrupted in the same way Loken was), the death of Tyr, some of the vrykul, mechagnomes, and earthen, along with Archaedas and Ironaya, fleeing to the Eastern Kingdoms area of ancient Kalimdor, and the creation of the Emerald Nightmare. Based on his visions in Ulduar, he also might have something to do with Llane's assassination and the Lich King.

Y'Shaarj's power resulted in the creation of the Well of Eternity since the Titans were forced to pull him off of Azeroth, he is responsible for the creation of the Sha, and his heart empowered some of the True Horde and destroyed a large chunk of the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

Xal'atath caused the Troll-Aqir War by tricking Zan'do into awakening Kith'ix, and this war would ultimately cause the scattering of the trolls across the planets, which allowed for the Dark Trolls to become Night Elves. She also created the curse on Grim Batol, and she encouraged Natalie Seline to create the Cult of Forgotten Shadows. She is also helping the High Priest PC during the events of Legion.

N'Zoth is responsible for the creation of the Naga, and he greatly expanded the influence of the Nightmare by corrupting Xavius. He is also the one who was the master of Deathwing during the Cataclysm. It is heavily implied that he will escape from his prison by the start of the next expansion, so he is bound to do much more.

I'd rank them like this:

1. Yogg-Saron
    2. N'Zoth
    3. Y'Shaarj
    4. Xal'atath
    5. C'Thun

N'Zoth will likely become #1 after the next expansion.
    Last edited by Telogrus; 2017-02-25 at 05:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    N'zoth by the virtue of keeping himself alive. That alone is greatest feat warcraft villain can hope to accomplish.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Initially it was Yogg, he opened the way into the dream. But Nzoth has managed to keep himself alive the longest I think thats pretty accomplished.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Wait, am I living under a rock or Xal'atath confirmed to be OG #5?

I'd say Yogg-Saron, the Old God of Fel....whoops I mean Death. After all, he did use his shadow-related/touched seeds of corruption to plague the Emerald Dream, starting the Emerald Nightmare, and is responsible for those fel oozes....whoops I mean entropic oozes.

Yogg-Saron sure does love his entropic, green creations.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    I'd say Yogg-Saron, the Old God of Fel....whoops I mean Death. After all, he did use his shadow-related/touched seeds of corruption to plague the Emerald Dream, starting the Emerald Nightmare, and is responsible for those fel oozes....whoops I mean entropic oozes.

Yogg-Saron sure does love his entropic, green creations.
    ....can we not go down the warlocks are necromancers road again?

Quote Originally Posted by Worgar View Post
    ....can we not go down the warlocks are necromancers road again?
    Shhhh....this thread is about Old Gods, not necromancers.

N'zoth because hes not dead like the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    Wait, am I living under a rock or Xal'atath confirmed to be OG #5?
    In the artifact research, it says one of the more outlandish theories of her origin is that she was an OG consumed by the other 4 in the early days of the Black Empire.

Her dialogue and her hatred for the 4 OGs basically confirms this, especially the line "We may face some of my brethren in this conflict, a prospect which delights me. Their power will be mine! They will pay for what was done to me long ago!"

"It was here, in ages past, that the God of the Deep lost a great battle to the God of Seven Heads. But as was so often the case, even defeat ultimately worked in N'zoth's favour."

I like the idea that N'zoth could deliberately allow Y'Shaarj to become more powerful, which in turn attracted attention from the Titans. Another win for N'zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yogg rewrote history using Loken,making Old Gods comparable to Titans in the eyes of many.This might have got them a lot of worshipers and followers.Thats a pretty important accomplishment imo.

Deleted
    It's honestly a tie between Yogg-Saron and N'zoth in my eyes, but in two completely different directions.

N'zoth gains an edge because he has been the most survivalist so far, as well as having the most calculated, organized armies in Azeroth with one of the most powerful being in existence at its helm (Azshara.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    N'Zoth gets my vote, both for his continued survival coupled with his underdog co-optioning of the works of his greater peers. He really underscores the patient parasite portion of the Old Gods' insidious nature.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Voted Ysharaaj because I thought he was the only one who had a truly major effect on Azeroth, then I remembered the cataclysm...

Deleted
    Yogg. N'zoth simply kept himself well hidden and used Yogg's work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I go with Yogg. N'Zoth may have been good in crawling like a worm beneath the surface of Azeroth's seas but most of the Old Gods' plans came into fruiton thanks to the first, merely exploited by the latter once Yogg died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Yogg-Saron. N'Zoth is just hiding lil' bitch who's scared to show himself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yogg-Saron. N'Zoth is just hiding lil' bitch who's scared to show himself.
    i dont think you can really "show yourself" if you are imprisoned deep underground.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    i dont think you can really "show yourself" if you are imprisoned deep underground.
    Then he's pretty weak for not running outside the prison.

Anyway: Where it says that he's imprisioned deep underground?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Then he's pretty weak for not running outside the prison.

Anyway: Where it says that he's imprisioned deep underground?
    The old gods have been caged up by Titans for quite a while now so the only thing they can do really is pull the strings from behind the scenes, though they'd have to be careful not to reveal their location lest they end up like poor ol' Yogg-saron.

And so far N'zoth has been the only one cunning enough to be successful without getting caught, which is a very impressive feat by itself.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?