Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    So fascism just means any political regime that you don't like?
    Nah.... just the ones like Trump that are fascist.

Fun fact - words have meanings, and when something fits the meaning - then you get to use the word to describe it. Very cool feature of language.

I find it amazing that someone like Sanders who is a centrist can be labelled as a communist, but someone who is on the extreme right and authoritarian like Trump seems to be immune to the label designed exactly to describe his position.

Here is a map with the science (dots) and language (labels) for you:

Note 1: The location of each person comes from scientific research over decades into international standards for policy (www.politicalcompass.org)
    Note 2: The underlying graphic is not from political compass, is descriptive in nature allocation approximate regions for each of the common ideological terms.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-02-26 at 08:34 AM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    climate charge
    Who are you, Captain Planet?

@Thread

It doesn't matter how many of these sorts of publicity stunts he pulls it doesn't stop him from being a rapist! Just like Kotaku and Polygon told me!

Deleted
    How on earth would they be able to play that? One side thinks Hitler is evil and reemerging and the other thinks it is liberals that is evil

It is a joke, just fyi

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    I really don't like this chart
    I don't agree with all the labels, namely those in the centre ... however the top left and top right are classic communism and fascism.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't think a perfect chart exists anyways. Unfortunately there's a finite amount of space to place in the square, lol. Even my favorite charts I have questions for the authors..
    The important thing here is that the positions of the candidates based on their policy, actions and words is pretty damned accurate - they've got shit loads of data and science behind it.

Nah.... just the ones like Trump that are fascist.

Fun fact - words have meanings, and when something fits the meaning - then you get to use the word to describe it. Very cool feature of language.

I find it amazing that someone like Sanders who is a centrist can be labelled as a communist, but someone who is on the extreme right and authoritarian like Trump seems to be immune to the label designed exactly to describe his position.

Here is a map with the science (dots) and language (labels) for you:

Note 1: The location of each person comes from scientific research over decades into international standards for policy (www.politicalcompass.org)
    Note 2: The underlying graphic is not from political compass, is descriptive in nature allocation approximate regions for each of the common ideological terms.
    The only thing similar to that chart on this website is this:
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2016

There is no cited author or organization that made this and it uses incredibly unacademic language. The only thing that chart shows is that someone went and found candidate positions and plugged them into that political compass test.

So I'm going to call bullshit on
    scientific research over decades into international standards for policy
    Rather than going off of some arbitrary chart you could actually research Fascist policy trends in WW2 and actual Neo-Fascist parties that exist today like Golden Dawn in Greece. You would quickly come to the conclusion that Trump resembles European far-right parties like Front National or UKIP and not racist, fascist parties like Golden Dawn.

- - - Updated - - -

That chart is stupid for other reasons too. Look at right wing libertarianism. In Libertarianism, there's no such terms as "anarchism and ultra-anarchism". There's only minarchism, the idea of a state that exists only to protect property rights and anarcho-capitalism which is the absence of a state in favor of free market capitalism and individualism. Then you have more moderate libertarians who believe in the existence of a state beyond these confines.

Political philosophy exists on more than 4 gradients. You couldn't fit something like Georgism on here because the chart is too simple. There is also no room to put Hitler far enough from Trump to accurately distance their views so instead they up right next to each other which makes no sense.
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2017-02-26 at 09:36 AM.

How can anyone possibly justify putting her SO far to the right?
    This is an international standard... US politics exists almost entirely on the right. Also 'right' isn't inherently evil or bad, so 'worse' is a little subjective.

Pretty much the more left you go the more conformist you have become and the power ends up in the hands of workers.
    The more right you go the more elitist you have become and the power ends up in the hands of the corporations.

Just don't like how poorly political adversaries are portrayed
    Neither do I - that's why I go for the standard approach that uses long term research and science to determine the outcome.

The only thing similar to that chart on this website is this:
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2016.
    Exactly - that is the source of the data as I stated above.

So I'm going to call bullshit on
    Yes, it is a common action to defend one's preconceptions by denying science and research... however I choose not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    Food for thought; if you ever played Secret Hitler, you'll see parallels to the nativist/bigoted attitudes currently housed in Congress. To put a spin on that fact, this game company took action.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/25/147...game-us-senate

The game models the rise of fascism in democracy; and is based on the factual rise of fascism in Nazi Germany.
    A creator of one of the most raunchy card games to exist is trying to take a moral high ground against people who appose his views. Makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Are you implying National Front isn't racist?
    Not compared to Golden Dawn which runs on an openly racist platform. National Front is anti-Islam but that is the limit of their platform's "racism".

Edit: I'm not saying that National Front doesn't have racist members or racist overtones to it because it does and it's founder was a racist. I'm distinguishing it from overt racism and actual fascism which is far different.
    - - - Updated - - -

Exactly - that is the source of the data as I stated above.

Yes, it is a common action to defend one's preconceptions by denying science and research... however I choose not to.
    You're full of bullshit. There's no science or research in anything you posted. You found a website that proctors a political test that cites nothing and another unrelated image that was probably made by someone on Reddit that uses unacademic language to incorrectly describe political philosophies.

I agree, but I still wouldn't put her near the edge.
    She isn't near the edge... far from it.

You don't have to call it Fascism if you don't want to, but Trump is an ultranationalist who ran a populist campaign with a message to create America reborn anew (MAGA) and frequently promotes anti-liberal thought.
    I agree that he a is a strong nationalist and populist and promotes anti-liberal thought. That is far different from actual fascism. Calling him that is needlessly hyberbolic and ruins any serious discussion before it ever begins.

I will never understand why people mislabel things to make them sound bad rather than go through individual issues to point out why he is bad.

Trade protectionism is bad, immigration restrictions are bad, going to war with the press is bad, marginalizing groups of people are bad. That is all that needs to be said. Making up things about him makes him right and you wrong.

Trade protectionism is bad, immigration restrictions are bad, going to war with the press is bad, marginalizing groups of people are bad. That is all that needs to be said. Making up things about him makes him right and you wrong.
    No.

Making up things about him, does NOT make him right. That's simply the polarity of US philosophy that makes you think that.

BOTH SIDES CAN BE WRONG. And (less frequently) both sides can be right.

Simply because you don't know what KKK stands for, doesn't make them any more or less racist.