Compatability questions

So my GTX 650 has been a sturdy companion for the last 4 years or so, .. buut i reckon it's time for a bit of an upgrade, however, given that I am a complete and utter fool when it comes to computer components, i thought it best I ask someone else about this. My almost equally inept buddy said I might want to be careful with getting a card that might be to new for my motherboard an

AsusTeK COMPUTER INC. P8B75-M LX

And the card i intend to glue to it is a Asus GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (not actually glue, not that inept, i'll use the stapler)

So, anyone think these two thingies will get along? Do hope I'm not providing too little info.. And I would provide links to both pieces of hardware but since i'm too new, I'm not allowed to.. anyways, I hope someone can help!

Yep your fine, 1050ti is very low power and will work with your system. Only thing to check is card length, but sounds like you got one picked out.

I will say tho that the 1050 is a much better fps/dollar equation, currently this model is on sale for 99.99:
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...D=3938566&SID=

Thanks for the advice, being a swede though I don't think i'd benefit all that much from that, with shipping and stuff taken into account, will poke around here and see if I can find a similarly priced 150 and see where I go from there.

And Thanks for alleviating the other concern as well, not easy being a technical dyslectic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Offbeat View Post
    Thanks for the advice, being a swede though I don't think i'd benefit all that much from that, with shipping and stuff taken into account, will poke around here and see if I can find a similarly priced 150 and see where I go from there.

And Thanks for alleviating the other concern as well, not easy being a technical dyslectic
    It's important to note, if you are going to be putting in the card yourself, make sure it's sitting in slot all the way in, also make sure you connect the additional power into card, there are usually 2x3 little holes for power connection, as seen in this image (lower right corner)

I suggest first you should see if your PSU has the needed power connectors.
    PM me weird stuff :3

THE TI did indeed not have the required connectors, it was intergrated, and is now running smoothly inside my old can Thanks for the help people!