Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What's your favorite dog (not breed)

Caught short on coffee again! "What's your favorite dog?" <bungee misses a key detail>

Chicago, of course!

So, what's your favorite form of sausage inna bun?

Quote Originally Posted by Pratchett
    And then you bit onto them, and learned once again that Cut-me-own-Throat Dibbler could find a use for bits of an animal that the animal didn't know it had got. Dibbler had worked out that with enough fried onions and mustard people would eat anything.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I love a good hot dog.

The one in the picture is from a little place in Elgin, Oklahoma. Great hot dogs in general, but huge chili dog.

Edit: For some reason my picture isnt show up..

http://imgur.com/TOpwK7v
    Last edited by babalou1; 2017-02-26 at 08:28 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I usually order a Portuguese linguica hotdog. Favorite extra topping: Avocado.

10+ Year Old Account
    just tomato sauce, bread and the hotdog. Nothing more, nothing less. Already perfection.

The main quality for a good hot dog is that it's Jewish. Kosher 100% beef.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post

Rustic greek sausage in baguette with tomato sauce, stir fried peppers and feta cheese crumbs
    Jesus christ I could eat 40 of these and I wouldn't even care.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had family in that area and I spent a lot of summers in OK. Yes, there's something to be said for a good chili dog as well. Now you've gone and done it! Summer in that part of the world used to require this:

Blast! I can get Doritos here, but I haven't had Fritos in nearly 20 years.

@ Nymrohd That also looks good, and that's why I asked more broadly about sausage inna bun (well, aside from Dibbler).
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Chicago style.

I never really liked hot dogs till I got a Chicago dog.

The best hot dog I ever had was at Hot Dougs. Art. In the form of a sausage.

I do mean Art, btw. Masterful stuff.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Doug's
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-02-26 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Mobile. MMOC sucks on mobile.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a chili with onions sort of person.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Desmond Trufant

Not a favorite, but this is the Russian version:

Last edited by Felya; 2017-02-26 at 02:47 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Sonoran hotdog from Sonora Mexico. I'm not sure why Mexicans started making hotdogs but I'm glad they did. They put things on that you wouldn't imagine like sour cream and beans, etc.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    just tomato sauce, bread and the hotdog. Nothing more, nothing less. Already perfection.
    1. White non seeded hot dog bun, slit 80% in
    2. Spread open,
    3. Lightly grilled until the bun is a little toasted
    4. Add the snag covered in 4-cheese
    5. Lightly grilled until the cheese has melted and the snag is warm.
    6. Tomato sauce
    7. Closed up and served warm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Desmond Trufant
    It's a Puff Daddy ... That's what our local bakery calls them.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Nola style, maybe. Baguette, andouille sausage, creole mustard, pickles and slaw. No pics, sorry.

Chicago style also good... Coney style also good...

Of course, beer brats with mustard and kraut...

But, I'm a sucker for any tube meat that comes in a convenient bread package.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

This thread is not what I thought it would be. Hahaha! I expected it to be about specific dogs, like Scooby, or Lassie, or this guy:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It's a Puff Daddy ... That's what our local bakery calls them.
    No, it's a horrible pun... he is a former football player for University of Washington... aka the huskies... aka the dawgs...

I added the hot dog, to at least be on topic and not just drop an obscure one liner and leave. So, I linked a pic of what we made in Russia. Not a huge fan, I swing German or Scottish for intestens stuffed with animal parts. Big Haggis fan and recently discovered a new Orleans one called:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boudin

Blood sausage of any kind is my alley...
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-02-26 at 03:01 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, it's a horrible pun... he is a former football player for University of Washington... aka the huskies... aka the dawgs...
    Had no idea why they called them that ... what kind of football? Never heard of huskies or dawgs.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Labrador dog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Had no idea why they called them that ... what kind of football? Never heard of huskies or dawgs.
    Last post on the subject, I promise... NCAA American football, Washington University.

Back on track, Boudin:

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I'm a chili with onions sort of person.
    Chili dogs represent!

Sonic would be proud