How Legendary drop works for RARES?

So i saw a post here earlier where sm1 killed ugrev (stormheim) as a WQ and got a legendary.

I also saw some posts on reddit where ppl said they looted a legendary just from a rare mob from handy notes.

I assume u can only kill those rares from handynotes once to be eligible for that. (CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG)

When when it coems to WQ rares lets say this person i mentiend above killed ugrev and got legionaries is there any point doint that WQ again for Legendry drop?

So basically my question is if i killed a WQ wanted boss before, is there a chacne for legenadies if i keep killing him every time quest is up?

P.S. Is there a post or forum anythere about this already were people share how likely it is to get a legenadreys from handynotes rares,treasures etc.

Sorry for bad gramma and phrasing, im slightly high. But all guys are beautiful with ur advices and always helping people in need, Keep it up <3

Only the first kill has the chance to drop it. Standing at the WQ area after completing the WQ wouldn't do anything, when it comes back up again at another time you will get the chance at the legendary again.

World quests do not give legendaries under any circumstance AFAIK.

Killing a rare mob for the first time ever on a character is a low chance for legendary. These rare mobs may have world quests to kill them, but the quest is unrelated to the loot table.

Emissary cache is a moderate chance for legendary

It is my understanding that only the first time for uncommon mobs gives the chance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Only the first kill has the chance to drop it. Standing at the WQ area after completing the WQ wouldn't do anything, when it comes back up again at another time you will get the chance at the legendary again.
    as svisalith says, its not the world quest ,its killing the rare mob for the first time
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I was massively surprised when I killed Witchdoctor Grgl-Brgl in Valsharah, since I got legendary shoulders off of him.
    Anyways, my guess is that answers to your questions can only be given with definite proof by Blizzard themselves, who won't give these answers.

Getting a legendary from rare mobs is incredibly uncommon, so getting 2 of them from the same one is so statistically unlikely that noone will have experienced it before. So whether or not it is possible to get another one from the same rare mob is a question that we really cannot answer.

What we can assume, however, is that it most likely WILL be repeatable. Reason behind this is that all other sources of legendaries are repeatable: Be it emissary-caches, mythic+ chest in order hall, dungeon, raid or world bosses, even Blingtron. So it stands to reason that the same thing will hold true for drops from rares.

PS: Don't think it is dependant on "first kill of rare mob". I had previously killed the Witchdoctor at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post

What we can assume, however, is that it most likely WILL be repeatable. Reason behind this is that all other sources of legendaries are repeatable: Be it emissary-caches, mythic+ chest in order hall, dungeon, raid or world bosses, even Blingtron. So it stands to reason that the same thing will hold true for drops from rares.

PS: Don't think it is dependant on "first kill of rare mob". I had previously killed the Witchdoctor at least once.
    Thanks a lot for this, that basically what i was wondering about, if its worth the effort to do Danger/slay quests over and over when hey pop up as WQ regardless if you have done them before or not.

And about the handynotes treasures/rares is it worth the time/effert to do all of them. Like is there any statistic of how many people got legenadries from that? I was thinking about doing all of them for flying achievement and then realized thats not the requirement like in WoD.

Anyway thanks a lot for all the replies, i appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    as svisalith says, its not the world quest ,its killing the rare mob for the first time
    Wait so if i killed Infernal lord in aszuna once for WQ, and he appears again for WQ, and i kill him i dont get 2 chances for a legendary?

Since the rule is after you kill a rare once you will never get rare loot from him again or smth?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephcyte View Post
    Thanks a lot for this, that basically what i was wondering about, if its worth the effort to do Danger/slay quests over and over when hey pop up as WQ regardless if you have done them before or not.

And about the handynotes treasures/rares is it worth the time/effert to do all of them. Like is there any statistic of how many people got legenadries from that? I was thinking about doing all of them for flying achievement and then realized thats not the requirement like in WoD.

Anyway thanks a lot for all the replies, i appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait so if i killed Infernal lord in aszuna once for WQ, and he appears again for WQ, and i kill him i dont get 2 chances for a legendary?

Since the rule is after you kill a rare once you will never get rare loot from him again or smth?
    correct, its from the first kill, fro mthe "rare kill=item"
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good