Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Has WoW's decline driven you back to some old favorites?

Ive gone back to eq1, tried the 1999 emulator and now the live TLP server and its actually quite fun, its funny how old school mmos that dont change their formula at all can still live up to this day

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've been playing old favourites like WoW. It's really quite fun, you should give it a try some time.

EQ1 living up to this day? thats an opinion, a bad one, but still an opinion... idk about you but that game looks and plays like vomit compared to these days

Deleted
    Decline? I'm enjoying this quality expansion as if I started again. Haven't had this fun since wotlk.
    I did try other games during cata mop wod, single player games are a great change of pace from the hectic online world. I went back to morrowind like I always do, I tried the new fallout, the old ones (surprised at how much I enjoyed new vegas), you know... the usual open world rpgs
    I tried other mmo like elder scroll (what a beautiful game), gw2 (charr best race ever created) but with legion kicking in I was just overwhelmed by the writing, the zones, the amount of stuff to do. So I'm back hooked again, after 4 expansions. And here I was thinking it was over

7+ Year Old Account
    Dunno what you mean with "WoW's decline", since for me personally it's better than it has been for a very very long time.

Will have to wait until WoW's decline - but the problem here is that WoW is my old favourite.

Anything older than WoW for me doesn't run on modern hardware

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

End of cata was weak. Mop themes were weak. Wod content was weak. legion is a huge step in the right direction id say were on the rise not decline

Quote Originally Posted by Whoops View Post
    Dunno what you mean with "WoW's decline", since for me personally it's better than it has been for a very very long time.
    agreed Legion has been IMO one of the better expacs, w/a significant amount of support.

I was just talking to my wife yesterday, that I think the apparent dwindling of subs is still fallout from the abortion that was WoD
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post
    Ive gone back to eq1, tried the 1999 emulator and now the live TLP server and its actually quite fun, its funny how old school mmos that dont change their formula at all can still live up to this day
    That server has 1000 players at peak. That's really not something to brag about.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-02-26 at 11:38 AM.

I've started playing a little RollerCoaster Tycoon, which is great fun.

I would disagree that WoW is in decline, though, unless you're a PvP'er - which I partly am.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow is an old time favorite of mine so I stay around

WoW is one of those old favorites I keep coming back to. Sub for a few months then do something else, rinse and repeat, usually as major patches hit.
    WoW is in one of the best shapes it's ever been, I'd say the loss of subs is mostly because the game is old and also MMOs are not the big thing any more so there's not much new blood coming in and it's hard to keep the old timers interested forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I was just talking to my wife yesterday, that I think the apparent dwindling of subs is still fallout from the abortion that was WoD
    Holy shit, these delusions.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my experience I've noticed the opposite. The guild I'm in is thriving and we get new trials every week.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Gotta love these passive aggressive thread titles huh? Still playing WoW, just as I have since I started back in TBC.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Legion just isn't many peoples cup of tea. Me and most of my friends have quit, but a lot more people have started playing again.

I've started playing League of Legends again instead of WoW, rest play Overwatch

Go play war3 TfT Rexxar campaign if you are bored with wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post
    Can't return to the old favorites that well, they are either dead, or been changed so much by the development of the franchise. Besiddes, I don't feel much decline in WoW at the moment, in fact (for me) I have started to see more and more people in the world.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

WoW has never had such a tight grip on my dick that I couldn't play other games I want to play. This has nothing to do with WoW being anything. I just got self control so I play what I feel like. Pretty simple.

I'm not looking back but looking forward. Rob Pardo left Blizzard and founded a new gaming company last year called Bonfire Studios. Their mission is to create social games. Pardo specializes in MMOs so its very likely going to be an attempt to make a social MMO. I wish he'd make an MMO with an in-game community, great raids, decent PvP, and a mix of edgy class fantasies and fun class fantasies. I'd totally jump ship and support that.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.