Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    If you don't want to encourage extremism, don't create the soil for it to grow in.

Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    What do you mean prepared and adapted? The amount of hate crime has risen through the roof and the EURO is on the decline.

Aswell as huge amount of resources have to be pooled into this project, money that could have been better spent helping the people on the ground in Syria rather than taking 10% of its populace and forcefully inserting it into Germany.
    Yes, and we're cracking down on right wing violence? Just recently, a NPD functionary has been sent to jail for 7 years for his arson. That takes time. The mills of justice grind slowly but steadily. Edit: It's 8 years even. source

The Euro is a much more complex question, which is not related to refugees at all. It has more to do with the southern european states and their struggle against bankruptcy. But this has nothing to do with the topic at hand and will derail the thread.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-02-28 at 03:16 PM.

I don't think this is the case, it's the case of the politicians having the luxury of perspective but doesn't apply it, so yes they are atleast partially responsible for the aftermath of letting almost 2 million people into your country without consulting your population or preparing in any meaningful way.
    "Some new people in this country will have darker skin than you."

Like that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    If you don't want to encourage extremism, don't create the soil for it to grow in.
    Exactly. White nationalists need to be exterminated with extreme prejudice.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    "Some new people in this country will have darker skin than you."
    No like "We are about to undertake a massive refugee program which will cost you, the taxpayer immense amount of money aswell as put further strain on the already failing EURO, why? We don't know!"

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    They don't have to "consult the population" on current legislation? That's why they were elected. We weren't prepared, but we have adapted and we are prepared now, so your point is?
    Also, i'm curious would you do the same handwaving if hypothetically another chancellor was elected and then decided to kick every refugee out?

No like "We are about to undertake a massive refugee program which will cost you, the taxpayer immense amount of money aswell as put further strain on the already failing EURO, why? We don't know!"

Also, i'm curious would you do the same handwaving if hypothetically another chancellor was elected and then decided to kick every refugee out?
    I am fairly sure they knew the reasons. Though to be honest, if you ask a populace any question that starts with 'it costs you money' and does not end with 'and you, personally, get X out of it' and let them vote on it, they will vote against it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    I am fairly sure they knew the reasons. Though to be honest, if you ask a populace any question that starts with 'it costs you money' and does not end with 'and you, personally, get X out of it' and let them vote on it, they will vote against it.
    Then they shouldn't have to deal with it though? I always thought the government was there to service your interests before that of other nations' and/or foreigners.

Then they shouldn't have to deal with it though? I always thought the government was there to service your interests before that of other nations' and/or foreigners.
    Hmm, maybe more Rousseau, less Machiavelli. Only states are capable to make decisions like this, much akin to welfare systems, environmental protection, development aid etc - basically any public good in existence. Leave it to the people themselves and nothing happens. Ultimately, people might be decent people, but if you allow them to hide behind anonymity and freeride, you end up with nothing being done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Hmm, maybe more Rousseau, less Machiavelli. Only states are capable to make decisions like this, much akin to welfare systems, environmental protection, development aid etc - basically any public good in existence. Leave it to the people themselves and nothing happens. Ultimately, people might be decent people, but if you allow them to hide behind anonymity and freeride, you end up with nothing being done.
    Idk if it's wise to risk basing your economical stability, social wellbeing on the worlds largest show of virtue-signalling force.

It's like Germany is being threatened when Sweden calls itself the worlds humanitarian superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    The Euro is a much more complex question, which is not related to refugees at all. It has more to do with the southern european states and their struggle against bankruptcy. But this has nothing to do with the topic at hand and will derail the thread.
    I'm sorry but I don't believe you for a second that the whole reason the Euro has dropped by 25% in during the height of the migrant crisis is because of greece, you trying to dismiss the topic doesn't make it less relevant.
    Last edited by mmocbf3af6dcb2; 2017-02-28 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Probably the most honest statement I have read in this thread.
    Well it wasn't a matter of honesty in terms of what was "said", but more in the terms that both sides are equally sensationalist about the other and dismissive about their own side.