Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    For some reason you guys believe you can just "go and work an hour extra" when ever you feel like it, lol.

"Oh I am bored this Saturday afternoon, I should go to work totally randomly and work an hour!"
    Depends what your job is, I am a freelancer so yeah I could (and i allready did) totaly do it :-) why not?

Quote Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
    I thought it was hilarious how much people hates gold farming in this thread. Making gold and pay for you sub IS part of the fun, at least for some of us.
    Seems like there is one that understands that this is still just a game, good!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    Depends what your job is, I am a freelancer so yeah I could (and i allready did) totaly do it :-) why not?
    Absolutely, at my workplace however I can't just work extra hours because I feel like it. We work overtime if there is something that NEEDS to be done that day.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

7+ Year Old Account
    Alchemy + Herbalism + A well set up Class Order Hall = no money issues ever.

I put Boon of the Bloodhunter on my shoulders. Go out and farm herbs and knock out specific WQ's. I take those herbs and take a peek at the AH.

Are Herbs going for high prices? If so sell them directly.
    Are Alchemy items (pots, flasks, etc...) going for higher prices than the mats? Then turn the mats into pots/flasks and sell them.
    Is Obliterum selling for a decent price? If so, craft up a bunch of Alchemist stones and obliterate them and sell the Oblits.

Every day run the gold missions that pop up in the Order Hall. Each one averages out to about 2K gold. More alts = more gold. It seems like they may have nerfed the rate of how often gold quests pop up though, so can no longer count on them being there each and every day.

By mostly doing the above I set myself up from about 5K gold overall at the beginning of Legion to at about 800K gold in my bank, my WoW is paid for for the next 4 months, I have bought all the toys and mounts that I really wanted, spent a couple hundred thousand on some BoE's on the AH that I wanted to get, all of this with a full time job, a GF, an apartment, and 2 puppies to take care of, so I don't have the time to spend endlessly farming and play maybe 12-15 hours/week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post
    Alchemy + Herbalism + A well set up Class Order Hall = no money issues ever.

I put Boon of the Bloodhunter on my shoulders. Go out and farm herbs and knock out specific WQ's. I take those herbs and take a peek at the AH.

Are Herbs going for high prices? If so sell them directly.
    Are Alchemy items (pots, flasks, etc...) going for higher prices than the mats? Then turn the mats into pots/flasks and sell them.
    Is Obliterum selling for a decent price? If so, craft up a bunch of Alchemist stones and obliterate them and sell the Oblits.

Every day run the gold missions that pop up in the Order Hall. Each one averages out to about 2K gold. More alts = more gold. It seems like they may have nerfed the rate of how often gold quests pop up though, so can no longer count on them being there each and every day.

By mostly doing the above I set myself up from about 5K gold overall at the beginning of Legion to at about 800K gold in my bank, my WoW is paid for for the next 4 months, I have bought all the toys and mounts that I really wanted, spent a couple hundred thousand on some BoE's on the AH that I wanted to get, all of this with a full time job, a GF, an apartment, and 2 puppies to take care of, so I don't have the time to spend endlessly farming and play maybe 12-15 hours/week.
    Sweet, thanks for the tips!
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

7+ Year Old Account
    Sweet, thanks for the tips!
    No problem. Oh, and don't be afraid to buy the mats... for example, just 2 days ago, I spent 15K on materials (including the "cost" of the bloods I used) and turned it into 25K in Obliterum. Obliterum is going for under 3000 G on my server, but the mats were so cheap and each Stone turns into about 1.5 Oblits it was an easy decision. Made 10K gold for about 10 minutes of effort.

Does it happen often? Nope, but just keep an eye open for those kinds of opportunities and don't be afraid to take advantage of them when you see them. Sometimes you gotta spend money to make money.
    Last edited by Ghrog; 2017-02-27 at 07:42 PM.

After starting Legion with 4M~ gold, and even with the crazy spike of costs\prices earlier in the expansion, i've been able to steadily increase my gold without anything crazy, grinding or farming. Sell some hexweave bags, random boes i pick up on raids, order hall is actually profitable... and to be honest, the sheer amount of Bloods of Sargeras you get by just playing is insane, and at about 300-400g value each?

Just been bored and not yet cashed in on the >1200 BoS i have on my main, around 500K worth.

At this point i'm just converting gold to b.net balance for future games\expansions\in-game services.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    After starting Legion with 4M~ gold, and even with the crazy spike of costs\prices earlier in the expansion, i've been able to steadily increase my gold without anything crazy, grinding or farming. Sell some hexweave bags, random boes i pick up on raids, order hall is actually profitable... and to be honest, the sheer amount of Bloods of Sargeras you get by just playing is insane, and at about 300-400g value each?

Just been bored and not yet cashed in on the >1200 BoS i have on my main, around 500K worth.

At this point i'm just converting gold to b.net balance for future games\expansions\in-game services.
    Sounds like a good server, BoS are about 200-250 on my server, which is why I went with the Engi shoulder enchant instead of the BoS enchant. Do you get BoS a lot from the shoulder enchant btw? The Engi one seems to proc at about 1 per hour or so.

- - - Updated - - -

No problem. Oh, and don't be afraid to buy the mats... for example, just 2 days ago, I spent 15K on materials (including the "cost" of the bloods I used) and turned it into 25K in Obliterum. Obliterum is going for under 3000 G on my server, but the mats were so cheap and each Stone turns into about 1.5 Oblits it was an easy decision. Made 10K gold for about 10 minutes of effort.

Does it happen often? Nope, but just keep an eye open for those kinds of opportunities and don't be afraid to take advantage of them when you see them. Sometimes you gotta spend money to make money.
    Did actually make a 15k g profit on prospecting ore today, wasn't too bad, as I only spent 10k. Got lucky and looted 5 Pandemonites (or how they are spelled) though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a good server, BoS are about 200-250 on my server, which is why I went with the Engi shoulder enchant instead of the BoS enchant. Do you get BoS a lot from the shoulder enchant btw? The Engi one seems to proc at about 1 per hour or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Did actually make a 15k g profit on prospecting ore today, wasn't too bad, as I only spent 10k. Got lucky and looted 5 Pandemonites (or how they are spelled) though.
    That's how you do it!

As for the Bloodhunter enchant, I generally tend to get between 3-6 bloods per drop. Drops kinda depend on how much I'm killing, but the rate seems about equal to what I was getting from the other enchants.

As far as the "price" of bloods... 200-250 indicates that Fjarnskaggle and Foxflower are only going for 20-25 G/each on your server. Is that the case? They Go for about 40-50 on mine. What server are you on by the way?

Another resource you can play with is "The Undermine Journal" website. It's a great tool to get a quick look at how your market looks for any material.

You get 300k gold a month on average from just doing class hall missions every day on 5 different characters. (2k per char gold mission)
    So, no i don't farm extra just to afford it.

I'm currently just making gold from the gold missions on 3 characters. I'm working on getting two other alts setup to run the missions as well.

I just do my normal stuff, sell some bloods and some crafts some days and gold just rolls in.

That's how you do it!

As for the Bloodhunter enchant, I generally tend to get between 3-6 bloods per drop. Drops kinda depend on how much I'm killing, but the rate seems about equal to what I was getting from the other enchants.

As far as the "price" of bloods... 200-250 indicates that Fjarnskaggle and Foxflower are only going for 20-25 G/each on your server. Is that the case? They Go for about 40-50 on mine. What server are you on by the way?

Another resource you can play with is "The Undermine Journal" website. It's a great tool to get a quick look at how your market looks for any material.
    Kazzak-EU, the herb prices are really low. Barerly worth farming them anymore, did a lot of that early Legion and earned 1 million gold by casually playing (herbing while in queues).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You get 300k gold a month on average from just doing class hall missions every day on 5 different characters. (2k per char gold mission)
    So, no i don't farm extra just to afford it.
    Wish I had leveled up more alts in the beginning, it takes time to set up a good Order Hall.

I boost a few 15 keys in time every week, yesterday we got 1 buyer buying 2 of our 15 keys for 450k. thats 112k split on the 4 of us for 1 hour of work, that pretty much pays for my game time, pots and flasks every week

Quote Originally Posted by seniorproc View Post
    I boost a few 15 keys in time every week, yesterday we got 1 buyer buying 2 of our 15 keys for 450k. thats 112k split on the 4 of us for 1 hour of work, that pretty much pays for my game time, pots and flasks every week
    Yeah, I've talked to some of my mates about starting this, they for some reason don't understand how much gold it is in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i was curious today and turned on WoW but to my surprise EU tokens are 170k. Holy crap! Guess the days of them being 60-70k are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    So i was curious today and turned on WoW but to my surprise EU tokens are 170k. Holy crap! Guess the days of them being 60-70k are gone.
    Haha yeah, those days past away a long time ago, don't think they have been that cheap since Legion hit? I regret not spending all my gold in WoD on them..

Yes i farm gold for WowTokens. Not really because i dont have the money irl to pay or anything like that. I just like making some goals, like make 500-600k this month and tbh it gives me an incentive to play the game outside of all the pve content, so i mostly just hop on my druid and herb so i can make Flask on my main. I usually try to farm for 1 hour everyday, and i actually feel its very soothing sometimes if you just watch a good movie or listen to some good music while you farm. I probably make around 25-40k everyday just by doing this

I have enough gold to last me many a millennium from my gold making machine called Warlords of Draenor Garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumex View Post
    Yes i farm gold for WowTokens. Not really because i dont have the money irl to pay or anything like that. I just like making some goals, like make 500-600k this month and tbh it gives me an incentive to play the game outside of all the pve content, so i mostly just hop on my druid and herb so i can make Flask on my main. I usually try to farm for 1 hour everyday, and i actually feel its very soothing sometimes if you just watch a good movie or listen to some good music while you farm. I probably make around 25-40k everyday just by doing this
    Been thinking about picking up Alchemy, but the fact that you need to get rank 3 on potions and flasks to even make a profit kills the hype a bit.. Hate the RNG base of the proffesions this expansion.

Deleted
    Not sure if the method i am using is for everyone but i will explain it anyway.
    I am doing gold missions with 14 chars, i will be doing them with 25 by the end of may.
    It is a one time thing, after this expansion i plan on not making anything for getting gold besides the one that comes by playing naturally, and my goal is having the sub of the game paid for like the next 10 years.
    But yep most of my friends call me crazy, to say the least, for doing this.
    I already had the 25 chars at level 100 at the start of legion, i took care of the leveling from zero thing forever in WOD.
    The numbers of doing this are more or less like 1.2-1.5 k per day per char, and the manteinance of resources has to be made cleverly using the oportunities the game handles, mainly the quest each 1 month and a half that rewards 5k resources for doing 20 WQ

Also i would like to point out that i can afford to pay the sub with money, it is just that i do not want, and also the massive char leveling and gold hoarding is entertaining TO ME.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2017-02-28 at 12:35 PM.