Necrotic Stacks drop out of combat now

Don't know if I am late to the party here, but today I did Eye of Azsara and Necrotic stacks were dropping instantly out of combat. Tanks rejoice it is now a lot more enjoyable. If this is in a thread elsewhere please delete.

Deleted
    Has the duration also been reduced from 10 to 8 seconds? I thought these were 7.2 changes?

Not sure.

A great change, it loses none of its difficulty but a lot of the frustration is gone from sitting idle bewteen pulls or kiting around at low stacks just to be stackless in time for next pack. I expect they agreed and didn't see a reason to wait to make the change.
    Last edited by donbooger; 2017-02-28 at 12:32 AM.

lol as a paladin tank i already felt necrotic to be quite easy, even as tank i died more to volcanic then i did to necrotic

Crazy Nerf!

Necrotic went from being a good challenge to being something you can mostly ignore. Literally. I'm used to ignoring necrotic on my prot pally main, since he can turn it off with the press of a button (Spellwarding, Final Stand). But tonight with the nerf I tanked a +14 Arcway on my VDH alt, beat the timer, got a +15 Arcway and beat the timer again to earn my Keystone Master (for the alt, already had it on my main).

At no point tonight, even on my DH, did I even notice necrotic! I tanked like it didn't exist, and for all practical purposes it didn't. It's gone from one of the harder affixes to possibly the easiest, imho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Necrotic went from being a good challenge to being something you can mostly ignore. Literally. I'm used to ignoring necrotic on my prot pally main, since he can turn it off with the press of a button (Spellwarding, Final Stand). But tonight with the nerf I tanked a +14 Arcway on my VDH alt, beat the timer, got a +15 Arcway and beat the timer again to earn my Keystone Master (for the alt, already had it on my main).

At no point tonight, even on my DH, did I even notice necrotic! I tanked like it didn't exist, and for all practical purposes it didn't. It's gone from one of the harder affixes to possibly the easiest, imho.
    Upon further reflection, I'd say that's partly because we were pulling at a one-chest pace (what the group wanted). If I'd been doing more double and triple pulls, the stacks might have added up fast enough to make a difference.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Great news. I might actually try doing a 15 on my DH then instead of just doing it on my monk like I normally do 8)
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

This is sorta basic logic. Necrotic punishes HARD dungeons. Given how long ago I recall you doing 15's in the first place, a 15 is not a hard dungeon for you now. With that in mind, necrotic doesn't have much effect.

Necrotic is still lethal in what you would consider a challenging level - and it's out of combat thing only ever affected the timer rather than your survivability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Yeah, i'd like to see how it feels when 3 chesting or doing level 20's in current gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Good change. Waiting around for 5-10 seconds between each pull wasn't fun or engaging content in any way, just infuriating for the tank and the dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    Yeah, i'd like to see how it feels when 3 chesting or doing level 20's in current gear
    We had a lot of deaths multichesting 15's a couple weeks ago because tanks underestimate large pulls when they aren't getting any healing :P Arcway was quite the eye opener due to spiders + large withered packs that you tend to just multi-pull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

It's gone from one of the harder affixes to possibly the easiest, imho.
    Nah, that's probably still overflowing, unless paired with holy pally / holy priest. Good they're removing this joke of an affix next patch that only punished 2 healer specs while being ignored by the other 4.

Necrotic is only a problem is the group dps is low-ish for the level you're doing, if you're wrecking the mobs before they even manage to put anything on you it's less meaningful than raging and bolstering.

If you have low dps or doing really high m+ only then the question of resetting stacks occurs. Except class tricks like spellwarding, ams, exploding keg etc. most of these could be solved like everything else - with aoe stuns, except on bosses and stun-immune mobs. Most bosses do have moments of opportunity allowing you to drop stacks, things like charging around or long spell casts.

Necrotic is actually less annoying than skittish, because skittish is the only affix that actually punishes dps for being good. Everything else is higher dps = better.

The annoying part of necrotic is the 5+ sec breaks between pulls and impatient dps who pull stuff ahead of the tank because they can't comprehend the idea of pausing to let the stacks expire. So yeah, good change, good riddance.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget how Nelf tanks basically nullify it now with Shadowmeld
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I wondered if that works reliably, definitely will try when necrotic comes around again in EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I wondered if that works reliably, definitely will try when necrotic comes around again in EU.
    I don't see why it wouldn't, it makes you drop combat for a fraction of a second. I'll just advice against using it on big packs, as they'll then run all over the place

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    It does work. We tested it with a Nelf tank
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Good day to be an ally DH then...