Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty ironic considering the boomers can't take any criticism at all and should you continue to criticize them they'll vote out of spite even if it means fucking themselves over. Truly the mark of petulant children.

Cool super-vague internet fight with a millennial!

I recommend becoming gainfully employed. Or dating. Or a hobby. Then you won't waste everyone's time shitposting on a video game site about some imagined and cliche grievance against an entire generation of people! Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Its probably more of a nebulous cultural attitude that was just sort of 'there'.
    which in the context of being in America it fits right in there with the "American Dream". be who you want to be and get what you want out of life, you live in a country that encourages that. the devil as with all things is in the details, and idealism is not usually backed by those.

Let me go ahead and ruin Millennials for you.

MILLENNIALS DON'T EXIST

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, it's a new buzz word.
    Some years ago these same people would run around whining that young people suck.
    By calling them "Millennials" they try to give some weight to their ranting, as if it's suddenly scientific.
    "Millennials" has been around for two decades. I would hardly call it a buzzword nor new.

Deleted
    Seriously?! Again with the "millemnials" generalizing bullshit?!

In was born in '81. I post often on the website of a newspaper in my country, almost always in the Politics section. Every morning my FB greets me with about 20 notifications, almost all being various insults, and they're not from..."millennials".

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So in a Facebook group I'm in a Millennial asked a question about whether something she was doing was right or not. I answered her question and since it wasn't what she wanted to hear she through a fit trying to justify what she was doing. When I told her again that she was wrong she through another fit and deleted her thread. Basically she stomped her feet and walked away.

Why are millenials so hard to talk to? Do they all have a problem being told they're wrong?
    People in general have problems being criticized. It's nothing unique to "milennials".
    Why are they hard to talk to, though? You're just getting old. Deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in a Facebook group I'm in a Millennial asked a question about whether something she was doing was right or not. I answered her question and since it wasn't what she wanted to hear she through a fit trying to justify what she was doing. When I told her again that she was wrong she through another fit and deleted her thread. Basically she stomped her feet and walked away.

Why are millenials so hard to talk to? Do they all have a problem being told they're wrong?
    Why do you think this is a problem specific to millennials exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Calling people millenials is very rude. Its something that media started using last year. Its current state its a insult to baby boomers.

If you use those words on facebook, when trying to talk to this age group, then of couse you gona get ignored/deleted and so on.

Since i dont know what you 2 talked abaut, i cant judge if you did it right or wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials
    I don't have much to say on this topic as the OP, given his apparent attitude, was probably just insulting and trolling random people online and when one of them reacted he rushed over here quickly to complain about an entire group of people, etc etc.

However this comment should be addressed. That particular generation of people.

This is absolutely nothing new... From the Traditionalists to the Baby Boomers, to Generation X, to the Millennials, to the Centennials...

The biggest problem, I think, is that people don't really understand the generational divide. They refer to a lot of young people as Millennials in the typical, condescending manner of insulting young people. The problem is some Millennials are 40 years old and everything in between. The youngest a Millennial can be is 22 because those who are younger are part of the Centennial generation.

I'd wager most people on this forum ARE Millennials and didn't even realize it because they don't know how the generations work and have probably insulted their own generation without even realizing it because attacking things you dont know or understand out of ignorance is common practice.

At any rate, those folks are part of a given generation whether they like it or not. Arguing against being one is like arguing against being a baby boomer or part of generation X. There is nothing inherently offensive about the name, people just choose to get butthurt over stupid things.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2017-02-28 at 07:55 PM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Why do you think this is a problem specific to millennials exactly?
    It fits the narrative they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High
    idealism is not usually backed by those.
    Idealism would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that snooping reality!

Deleted
    Sounds like a stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Blanket statements about large groups of people based off the interaction with one person. Makes sense.
    Literal synechdoche. By OP's logic over-assumption of millenials all people that aren't millenials over-assume.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what was said so I can't really say anything about it. You could've sounded like a smartass and maybe that was why she got mad? A lot of times when people ask for criticism especially on the internet they attract those smartass douchebags who want to show off and feel superior because they know one thing you don't and they'll answer in a douchey way just to make themsleves feel good. Not saying you did but just saying.

Also it's not a millennial thing, it's a people thing. That's like me saying why are all the old timers too stupid to understand computers? I would be wrong is asking that because there are plenty of old timers who keep up with the times and learn about the new technology and are even good at it while others stay under their rock shunning the new world and it's ongoing changes.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-02-28 at 08:02 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    There are idiots in every generation. The older generation thinks the new one is stupid and the new one thinks the old one is stupid and so it will continue until our species is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    But hardly anyone ever used the term.
    Now it's "Millennials can't take criticism", "Millennials are lazy", "Millennials are egoistic", etc. all the time.

The ironic part is that it's often written by people who are millennials themselves.
    I find that hilarious.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I'm not the OP, but what we're pointing out is a massive trend with millennials going on in the US workforce... not anecdotal at all.

I did watch the first 5 minutes and then kinda skimped through the rest since this guy is mostly blowing hot air. I'm a "Millennial" and i don't even fit half the bill hes talking about. In fact to me it seems like he is more describing San Fran hipsters rather then Millennials. And more on-topic, taking criticism is a learned skill, one that many people do lack, not just Millennials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I've got a couple guys, who are in their late 20s, working for me now. I give them shit about something, they hear me out and fix it. I compliment them... I've never seen anyone get so embarrassed. Now, I compliment them randomly just to watch how uncomfortable they get.
    Maybe they are suffering from impostor syndrome? That can be mark of it.

Curious what you would consider a Millennial. What is the age range?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.