Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Avatar game by Ubisoft (Not ATLA, the blue things)

Nothing to see, just an announcement...

I always thought the world would make a good game. Can Ubisoft fuck this up? Course they can. (I never played the first game)
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-02-28 at 09:31 PM.

Damn it, when I read "Avatar" I thought of ATLA, not something based on that movie by James Cameron.

It would probably be better as an Open World RPG revolving around the lore of the world instead copying and pasting the story of the movie verbatim.

7+ Year Old Account
    So its going to be ARK, but instead of dinosaurs its going to be Pandora stuff?

I loved the Avatar movie! Not sure how it will turn out (Ubisoft), but I'm in to at least try it when it releases. Wonder how long it will take to release? Legion is fine for me at the moment, but I like trying other MMOs as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    GAHHHH I 'eeped' with joy thinking this was about A:TLA, but no it's just this tragic universe.
    Sure it might be okay, depending on the genre and what is actually in the game, but if it's just another Survival Builder (ARK, Rust) then I'm going to be disappointed.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

What happened to the movies? I thought it was supposed to be a trilogy but it feels like years since the first one came out.

Are they making another Avatar movie? Maybe this game will actually be good because they took their time with it rather than the standard trash they release alongside a movie release to capitalize on the popularity.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Damn it, when I read "Avatar" I thought of ATLA, not something based on that movie by James Cameron.
    Just be glad Ubisoft haven't got their mitts on that franchise ><

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    GAHHHH I 'eeped' with joy thinking this was about A:TLA, but no it's just this tragic universe.
    Sure it might be okay, depending on the genre and what is actually in the game, but if it's just another Survival Builder (ARK, Rust) then I'm going to be disappointed.
    I've updated the title to make it clearer, I don't want to be responsible for disapointing people ><

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if it'll go over any better than the recent commercial for Disney's Avatar stuff...

- - - Updated - - -

They're making 4 more or some shit. Word is the next starts filming later this year.
    yeah but theyve literally been saying that every year since the first one came out. tbh id be surprised if a sequel ever even came out
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Just to keep in mind, the footage is NOT in-game footage, but Movie footage. Judging from the announcement it's going to be an Open-World Action (First or Third Person) RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Just be glad Ubisoft haven't got their mitts on that franchise ><
    You don't think they would do a decent job? The only game I know of in that franchise is the $15 Legend of Korra game. It had decent combat but that is it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah but theyve literally been saying that every year since the first one came out. tbh id be surprised if a sequel ever even came out
    There was an anouncement yesterday stating filming was starting in August, not official source again, but a pretty strong one. I think theres too much money involved for there not to be one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    You don't think they would do a decent job? The only game I know of in that franchise is the $15 Legend of Korra game. It had decent combat but that is it.
    Oh, possibly, I'm just jumping on the usual anti-Ubisoft, they're not my favourite company but they have made some decent games. I am genuinely excited by this game though.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Oh, possibly, I'm just jumping on the usual anti-Ubisoft, they're not my favourite company but they have made some decent games.
    I think they fell into the EA trap of milking a game series (and I really like AC but it was too much and too little variation) but otherwise I haven't had any issues with them. I've seen worse developers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they fell into the EA trap of milking a game series (and I really like AC but it was too much and too little variation) but otherwise I haven't had any issues with them. I've seen worse developers.
    Yeah, they have some quirks that irk me, they usethe word iconic like millennials use epic, but thats just petty stuff. I think the last game I loved of theirs was rainbow six vegas 2, everything else I've enjoyed but forgettable.

Ubisoft is possibly the most hit and miss video game company imho. They seem to have a tendency of scattering good, solid games among piles of shit. Look at Assassin's Creed. So if they managed to stick with it, I'm sure they'll probably make a couple good games from it, but not without making a couple bad ones too.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that Disney spent the last 3+ years building an entire Avatar theme park there is no way the sequels will get canceled. Part of me thinks that they may have waited until that was completed to start filming so they could use it to cross promote. Now that the park is set to open in a couple months, the movies cannot be too far behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    Ubisoft is possibly the most hit and miss video game company imho. They seem to have a tendency of scattering good, solid games among piles of shit. Look at Assassin's Creed. So if they managed to stick with it, I'm sure they'll probably make a couple good games from it, but not without making a couple bad ones too.
    Really? I actually think Ubisoft is one of the most consistent game companies around, it's just that they are consistently "ok" at best. With games like The Division, Watch Dogs 2, and Assassin's Creed: Syndicate they are all good games, but they never seem to want to take chances so they never make anything truly great.

Awe I thought this was gonna be a cool game about Avatar The Last Airbender. I felt the blue lizard movie was overly long and overrated. Like, wildly overrated.

Is a game even gonna be cool? The setting is like, alright. I think most games have nice lush settings. The lore isn't that amazing to me. Idk, I guess it'll be like any other game.

I think I smell some hot garbage incomming. Mostly because unless we play the humans going for a genocide trip, there is nothing interesting about playing blue tribesmen with boring ass weaponry and a practically non-existing tech tree. I never was hugely into the blue bastard children of slendermen and Khajit.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I think I smell some hot garbage incomming. Mostly because unless we play the humans going for a genocide trip, there is nothing interesting about playing blue tribesmen with boring ass weaponry and a practically non-existing tech tree. I never was hugely into the blue bastard children of slendermen and Khajit.
    How did they lose anyway, humans have space travel, catsmurfs have sticks. Just initiate fucking orbital bombardment or something, its not like they came there for the trees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    There's plenty of potential for manipulating creatures, riding around on some of the animals from the film sounds a lot of fun. I can see a horizonesque feel with some really interesting animal mechanics.