Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    wait that movie is 8 years old already?

what the fuck

7+ Year Old Account
    Filming on the next one starts pretty soon, next year I think?
    After the 2nd one, they planned on doing the 3rd and 4th within a 2-3 yrs I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Filming on the next one starts pretty soon, next year I think?
    After the 2nd one, they planned on doing the 3rd and 4th within a 2-3 yrs I think.
    August this year is the latest fairly reliable rumor.

EA has shit survival and shit sport games
    Ubisoft has shit third person open world games
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    EA has shit survival and shit sport games
    Ubisoft has shit third person open world games
    They are one of my least-favorite AAA developers, and I don't even think "For Honor" is that great - there are way better swordplay games that are out already.

Now about this announcement trailer...notice there's no gameplay footage? EA's Star Wars Battlefront had the same "ambitious announcement trailer", with that triumphant music and only movie footage, and ego-massaging interviews from creative team, saying "OMG this is gonna be awesome, just you wait!" Well, Battlefront was very underwhelming, and another example of why too much early-hype can be a sign of future disaster. I do believe that they've already half-finished the game, but this is part of something that EA started with their announcement trailers: building artificial hype and relying on first-week sales to recover expenses, and not making a game that'll withstand the test of time.

I say they've half-finished the game, and haven't shown a bit of it, because when they do, we will see that it is very cookie-cutter. I could be wrong, of course. But I don't believe AAA developers want to truly innovate anymore, because releasing game-after-game with slight gameplay changes is the business model of the AAA developer world.

It's the indie developers that we can trust, even the Kickstarter projects - because they aren't run by guys in business suits. They are gamers who step up to the plate and make the games that AAA devs have been denying - and consistently denying - for years. EA and Ubisoft can't afford to make "the game to end all games", because they would quickly run out of ideas because they've stopped caring about what gamers really want, and ask for.