Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    7.2 is coming in April.

Do we really need 7.2? I don't see any improvements in 7.2, that can make me buy Legion. Yeah, flying returns in 7.2 and Blizzard implement gear tokens, that are step in right direction, but... It isn't enough for me. I would buy Legion with release of 7.2, if Blizzard would simply enable flying with patch release. May be 7.3 will be better.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    I think it seems a bit too early, but with a bit of luck, maybe? If not, when shall we be getting it?

If I remember correctly, 7.1.5 hit the PTR in ~20 November, then we got it on January, but given that the patch was way smaller, 7.2 hit the PTR about a month ago (~January 20th).

What do you think?
    Sometime in April. No later than that.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    I think it seems a bit too early, but with a bit of luck, maybe? If not, when shall we be getting it?

If I remember correctly, 7.1.5 hit the PTR in ~20 November, then we got it on January, but given that the patch was way smaller, 7.2 hit the PTR about a month ago (~January 20th).

What do you think?
    Definitely no later than some time in April.

Because - plenty of reasons, it's like people aren't paying attention to interviews and what they've done so far with patches.

I'd even say last week of March is a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    Definitely no later than some time in April.

Because - plenty of reasons, it's like people aren't paying attention to interviews and what they've done so far with patches.

I'd even say last week of March is a possibility.
    Well, if you could throw a source on these "interviews" regarding 7.2's release or any hints on it, I'd appreciate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    I don t see blizzard delaying 7.2 till june, but maybe they ll release another piece of content in june.

Also, people seems to forget teso expansion is being released early june.
    7.2 in April, Tomb of Sargeras and maybe even 7.2.5 could both very well be June 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    But 7.2 isn't going to do anything about cutting edge. We'll still have about 10 weeks of of episodic questing to do before the raid opens up after the patch is released. That's the day Cutting edge goes away, not before.
    do you have a link that says this, in recent expansions when Patchs with raids were released they released them same day.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

7.2 in mid/late may with the raid opening sometime around FF's expansion.

And yes, blizzard does plan their content around other mmo's release.

patch 6.2 released literally one day before FF heavensward.

5.4 was released about 2 weeks after FF ARR release.

If you think a tleast the raid won't come out near FF's expansion then you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Elennoko View Post
    7.2 is probably going to be some time in April, and then ToS will release June 20th to counter Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood, in typical Blizzard fashion.
    this is very very very lickely looking at what blizzard did in past.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Do we really need 7.2? I don't see any improvements in 7.2, that can make me buy Legion. Yeah, flying returns in 7.2 and Blizzard implement gear tokens, that are step in right direction, but... It isn't enough for me. I would buy Legion with release of 7.2, if Blizzard would simply enable flying with patch release. May be 7.3 will be better.
    7.2 will be also direct nerf to NH and providing casual players with wq/dungeons upgrades preparing them for ToS content so yes we need it since atm there is nothing to do in game besides NH .

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Been following WoW patches since the game came out and playing videogames for nearly 40 years, yeah no, its not done intentionally most of the time.

Again, put that tinfoil hat away and quit trying to find reasons to think Blizzard is constantly trying sabotage everything.
    I bet you think the Legendary System is great too. Sad!

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Why do people want patches too fast? I would like to finish mythic progression at my own pace. June seems about right.
    becauce most people dont give a single f... about mythic hardmodes are already done with content and bored.

+ june release of raid would line up nicely for blizzcon - they could announce new expansion , new raid/content and finally do a lot of panels about wow to make playerbase happy

7+ Year Old Account
    Why do people want patches too fast? I would like to finish mythic progression at my own pace. June seems about right.
    because not everyone's a hardcore mythic raider.

and anyway, the raid isnt getting released at patch day, so you'll still have quite some time to finish the raid tier.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want ToS right now, I want the QoL improvements like increased AK and higher legendary drop-rates along with some ability to target legendaries. I'm hardly alone in this, as practically everyone who dislikes the legendary system has been asking for improvements to it for months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

June 20 tin foil hat raid release sounds legit. I'd be surprised if the patch isn't out by May. They said pretty much everything is enabled on ptr now. 4 to 6 weeks for tuning seems reasonable.

As others mentioned, ce and aotc tied to raid release, not patch.

I would bet good money the raid will drop the day Stormblood launches in june. We all know from past releases like swtor, warhammer online, teso and so on blizzard aims to add a big carrot to alleviate drop off, even if for most people thats a temporary vacation from WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope asap, perdict late march/early april, since aside from Nighthold there's nothing intersting to do, for me at least. Im not gonna do same world quests all the time, and can't give a flying fuck to grind out to 54 trait, aside from ap i get from nighthold.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I highly doubt it'll be as long as june, I am guessing early may or mid April

I would guess 7.2 april and ToS in june.

10+ Year Old Account
    ToS won't release with 7.2. If it releases next week, we'll still have a while until ToS releases

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    7.2 will be also direct nerf to NH and providing casual players with wq/dungeons upgrades preparing them for ToS content so yes we need it since atm there is nothing to do in game besides NH .
    I don't need raids, cuz I haven't been raiding for a long time already. I.e. if Blizzard want me to switch from my Tanaan with flying to Legion - they need to improve Legion's ground content to make it ground-friendly enough. Also they need to fix several other things, like forced PVP and loot rng systems. I'm purely PVE player - I hate PVP, competition and I'm one of these players, who hate endless grind - I want to be able to finish mandatory stuff at some point and be free to do my own business. Current situation with Tanaan is just perfect for me. I already have flying. Tanaan takes 1-2 hours to complete a day. One 695 Baleful item is guaranteed to me once in two days. It's around one month of time needed per character. And of course Garrison, that allows me to progress without logging on every character every day - just once a week on weekend, when I have enough extra time to do it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.