Thread: 2024 MLB thread

Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Thin bullpens? Whats that?
    Its when you go from having the best bullpen in MLB by a large margin, to having the best by a small margin. When instead of having 7 starters so you have to dump some of them to the pen but now only have 4-5 starters. It is a terrible burden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Its when you go from having the best bullpen in MLB by a large margin, to having the best by a small margin. When instead of having 7 starters so you have to dump some of them to the pen but now only have 4-5 starters. It is a terrible burden.
    Here we call that just making your AAA teams bullpen the major league starters and making your majors bullpen pitch 5 innings a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    With my #firstworldproblems aside, we have had a couple of "bullpen games" with Kershaw out and it will be nice to have the extra arms, especially Buehler. It will be good to see a good prospect join the pitching staff after losing Urias for the year.

What a nightmare season for the Mets, they traded away just about everybody who wasn't injured, Conforto dislocates his shoulder, could be looking at 6 month recovery if he has surgery, Cespedes done for the year with a hamstring issue, and Wright pulled from his rehab with shoulder pain.
    On the plus side, Rosario has looked solid and Smith has been ripping the cover off the ball to a crisp .183 ba!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Houston is getting Verlander.

In other much less big news, Mariners ended the DFA train on Leonys Martin. Cubs have traded for him. Really liked him, but his bat fell off the map in the majors this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leonys Martin makes his Cubs debut

as a pitcher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boston Red Sox busted for stealing signs electronically. What is it about that region and cheating?

- - - Updated - - -

Leonys Martin makes his Cubs debut

as a pitcher.
    I thought he was a good fielder, why didn't he run out to CF and climb the wall to save the homer he gave up? What a slacker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking finally, longest losing streak in all the time the Dodgers have been in LA is now over.

#firstworldproblems
    They seemed like quibbles at the time but they ballooned into 11 straight losses. I sensed trouble, but nothing like this.

Praise jesus for worthless cunts being worthless. So, this cunt I know had never been to a baseball game, so I was going to take her to a Cubs/Mets game cuz.. her team, my team. She became cunty so, said fuck it. Even though we are total shit, traded 7 of our top 9 offensive players (with the other 2 being hurt) and our entire starting staff and bullpen aside from deGrom and Blevins being hurt, i was still willing to take her. It would have been last nights game.

DODGED A BULLETTTTTTT

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Praise jesus for worthless cunts being worthless. So, this cunt I know had never been to a baseball game, so I was going to take her to a Cubs/Mets game cuz.. her team, my team. She became cunty so, said fuck it. Even though we are total shit, traded 7 of our top 9 offensive players (with the other 2 being hurt) and our entire starting staff and bullpen aside from deGrom and Blevins being hurt, i was still willing to take her. It would have been last nights game.

DODGED A BULLETTTTTTT
    Dodged a bullet because you didn't have to watch the beat down? Or dodged a bullet because you didn't have the spend the night with the cunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Dodged a bullet because you didn't have to watch the beat down? Or dodged a bullet because you didn't have the spend the night with the cunt?
    Yes. All of it YES lol

Holy crap, Cleveland's streak that they just ended. Ridiculous.

Also, the Mariners are more than likely looking at extending their MLB-longest playoff drought. Sigh...hopefully Dipoto can get some major help in the rotation this offseason. We need another big name starter (at minimum) if we want to actually make the playoffs. If by a miracle they take a wild card spot, they'd just get blown away immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    somehow the mariners salvage a win off a 6 game skid... against the hottest team in baseball.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dodgers went from beating everybody but the Giants to losing to everybody but the Giants.

Fifth straight division title.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the second AL Wild Card was supposed to be a big chase with a lot of teams vying for it, but it looks like all of them rolled over and died. The five AL playoff teams may be the only AL clubs that even have winning records.

At least the NL Wild Card has some mystery left to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the second AL Wild Card was supposed to be a big chase with a lot of teams vying for it, but it looks like all of them rolled over and died. The five AL playoff teams may be the only AL clubs that even have winning records.

At least the NL Wild Card has some mystery left to it.
    Yeah, two weeks ago it was the complete opposite.

Yeah, two weeks ago it was the complete opposite.
    The Twins lucked out and missed Cleveland for the last month (they start a series today). The Royals, Angels, and Orioles all got run over by them during that period.

From the Mariners' website: "Scott Servais' Mariners set a Major League record by using 40 pitchers this season and also a club record with 17 starters."

Pitching injuries were the story of the year here. Maybe next decade we'll break that playoff drought...

10+ Year Old Account
    Beats the 16 starters the Dodgers used a couple years ago, 15 last year, only 10 this year!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, I think that even if the pitching wasn't constantly hurt they'd still struggle to make a WC spot. Not a fan of our pitching under Dipoto so far.

Hitting is fine, just a lot of guys slumped after the all star break.