Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hot dog has a sausage (usually cheap and made 80% of flour) between a bun, ketchup and mustard on the top.
    Finland
    These hot dogs in this thread tho, godDAMN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know a good vendor who does this:

0.5 meter long french bun
    Ketchup
    French fries
    Grilled hot dog
    Nacho chesse

All inside of cose. Its soooogoooooooooood. (tho i need to lose weight the next day)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

The best my area can do is a local chain called Ted's Hot Dogs. I'm hungry...

For me it's a coney, a hot dog on a bun with mustard Cincinnati style chilli and grated cheese. I prefer homemade or from Skyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Did we not have this discussion a couple of days ago? Anyway when I want a hot dog, I buy a couple of rustic sausages from the butcher (with a bit of leek in them, it helps mellow the tanginess of all that fat), get a bagguette, prepare some marinara, sautee a few peppers with the sausage and make one of these:
    are those bell peppers.....try some habaneroes or ghost peppers.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    For me it's a coney, a hot dog on a bun with mustard Cincinnati style chilli and grated cheese. I prefer homemade or from Skyline.
    +1 Came here to say this.

that or chicago style dogs

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't had a hotdog since I went to America 21 years ago

My favorite hot dog has a dry chili and onion topping. Haven't found a good one since I lived in Richmond Va, some 20 years ago.

I believe this is the place I used to go to. If anyone is close I highly suggest it.

http://www.melitos.com/
    Last edited by Xandrigity; 2017-03-01 at 02:01 PM.

Half the selections here aren't even hot dogs. A good chili cheese dog with lots of onions is the perfect dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Please tell me this is fake. No true American eats their dog without a bun.
    Does using bread count? Or does it have to be a hot dog bun specifically? (I have celiac, and for whatever reason the secret to making a gluten free hot dog bun that isn't total shit eludes us)

I usually go with bratwurst. Jalapeno cheddar brats topped with habanero cheese, garlic, grilled onions.

I like a chorizo extra hot with a normal toasted hotdog bun someketchup and mustard. I also like choclate milk with my hotdogs :O

Need to note though that hot dogs in sweden are way diffrent then in the US
    Last edited by W1sp; 2017-03-01 at 02:21 PM.

Deleted
    I don't think anyone can still like a hotdog when you've had the real German version.

Caspers hot dog (CA thing I believe) or Kaspers steamed
    Sliced onion
    Sliced Tomato
    Mustard
    Relish
    Steamed bun

2 to go , my usual for 35 years.

Even as a native New Yorker, Chicago's Hot Dog is the best. It is the finest example of a Hot Dog as it is known in the United States.

A few American food styles are no-bullshit the best. So much so that any variation otherwise is largely a waste of time/insulting to consider by comparison; New York Pizza, Chicago Hot Dogs, Texas Brisket, Georgian Southern Fried Chicken.

It's not that I haven't had good fried chicken in Mexico or Los Angles. A decent hot dog in St. Louis or fine brisket in Pennsylvania. It's just not the quintessential or exemplar form in those areas as a legitimate New York slice or Chicago Vienna dog.

I'm a fan of a nice chili cheese dog myself

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Did we not have this discussion a couple of days ago? Anyway when I want a hot dog, I buy a couple of rustic sausages from the butcher (with a bit of leek in them, it helps mellow the tanginess of all that fat), get a bagguette, prepare some marinara, sautee a few peppers with the sausage and make one of these:
    This image makes me feel incredibly hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Beef hot dog.
    Chili (beanless) and cheese
    Mustard if chili isn't available

When at home.
    Cheap hotdogs with chill and cheese.

No damn veggies at all on mah hawt dawgs
    You forgot the diced onions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    So the the good Ol' U S of A is known for Hot dogs (or "dawgs" for the less cultured)

When you hear "hot dog!" what do you think when you order one, what do you GET when you order one, and where are you from?

ME: Chicago, baby! haha! It better be:

A vienna beef frank

mustard
    relish
    onion
    tomato
    cucumber
    pickle
    hot peppers
    (omg how did you forget Celery Salt?!) - Greek woman
    I agree! I am from LA, however half my family is from/lives in Chicago (MT Prospect)
    I make them at home sometimes.

When I am there it is Portillo's every other day