The CEO that manage to beat Umbrella and Weyland Wutani (Horizon Zero Dawn spoilers)

Ah, the fictional conglomerate that keep making products that are of dubious marketable value, but are VERY good for killing Humans while being uncontrollabl.

The rather gorgeous HZD brings a whole new level of idiocy, to the point of making Umbrella marketing tactics (unleash viral plagues to wipe out mankind) looks like Apple.

Meet Ted Faro, kill bot designer. His flagship product, the Chariot, have the following characteristics (In addition of being used to kill Humans without any fuss-they are specifically made to kill pesky locals interfering with for instance mining operations without leaving those paper trails that might be embarrassed at the board meeting)

-Self conscious
    -Intelligent
    -Able to repair itself
    -Able to replicate itself
    -Immune to all forms of hacking
    -Able to turn easily to it's side other war machines
    -Independent
    -Able to process organic matter to do all of the above

As people in the game point out, frankly, what happened was almost a foregone conclusion.

Ted Faro also tops this by becoming an eleventh hour luddist and destroy all previous human knowledge to avoid people recreating kill bots with all those wonderful characteristics.

It's time for your medication, Sarah.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

But I heard the story was the second best video game story of all time. No it can be true if this is in it.

The story is not bad, but the whole ''robot that can be powered by eating biomass'' make ''let's poke around Xenomorphs hives'' looks like a brilliant idea.

So, which one of you is forcing Sarah to play HZD?
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

You can't enjoy HZD and find ridiculous to design robots that self replicate with biomass ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    You can't enjoy HZD and find ridiculous to design robots that self replicate with biomass ?
    Unless the guy secretly wanted human to go extinct, yes. Those robots are a terrible idea.