Boomkin Mythic Krosus Help Requested - With Logs

Hello mmo community! Looking for some wise and/or bored raiders to assist me in figuring out ways this dps on my team can approve. We are getting Krosus pretty close (9%) with almost everyone alive at 5:30. I know everyone alive at 6:00 will likely be a kill for us but we are cutting it close so I am hoping you can identify how to "fix" our lower dps.

Character: Terrador
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...FkvX6#fight=32

Thank you in advance! Please try to keep toxicity down, I know we all have a lot we can improve on and improve we shall!

Higher ilevel relics would help him, his weapon is pretty low for a mythic raider, especially when most of our best traits don't drop in the raid and he likely should be looking for ilevel rather than trait (to an extent).

If he has a different legendary than his Kiljaedens he'd probably benefit from it. He could benefit from an Arcano Crystal if he has it, or a Metronome.

He could use some more haste. Tell him to keep an eye out for a better chest, one which has haste, if he's going to get his 4pc from other ways. Or he could get a tier chest and wear haste gloves. Also he could use rings that have more haste and less mastery. He doesn't need a ton more haste, but he's under 10k which is gonna hurt his single target with the Dreamcatcher.

As for his rotation, his damage overall isn't that bad really, Balance isn't amazing on that fight, but he could definitely do better. His opening rotation he basically just does the normal Dreamcatcher rotation (Starsurge, Lunar Strike, Starsurge, Solar Wrath x2, Starsurge) but if that's when you're using heroism, he definitely should be hitting the haste breakpoints to cast better spells.

I'm personally a fan of the weak aura called Between Starsurges (can't link links, don't have enough posts, can be found on wago.io) that shows you on a bar where your casting speed is currently, and what spells you can fit inbetween Starsurges. During heroism he should easily be able to fit in Lunar Strike/Solar Wrath into each weave (Starsurge, Lunar Strike, Solar Wrath, Starsurge repeat until haste has dropped too low) because between the haste from heroism and the one golden dragon we have that increases haste during Incarnation he will definitely hit temporary breakpoints where he should change up the rotation to do more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayve View Post
    Balance isn't amazing on that fight,
    lol its not even close. if you got a bench you might want to use it....you know bring the player, unless his spec is garbage for a fight.

outside of better gear i dont really see him doing much wrong.

he is getting killed because of the movement more so then most other casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    Hello mmo community! Looking for some wise and/or bored raiders to assist me in figuring out ways this dps on my team can approve. We are getting Krosus pretty close (9%) with almost everyone alive at 5:30. I know everyone alive at 6:00 will likely be a kill for us but we are cutting it close so I am hoping you can identify how to "fix" our lower dps.

Character: Terrador
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...FkvX6#fight=32

Thank you in advance! Please try to keep toxicity down, I know we all have a lot we can improve on and improve we shall!
    Straight up he had more Dreamcatch Procs, than he used... aka he used his triple sometimes quad starsurges due to legend helm, but used half of his empowerments?

in this case would be a bigger DPS/Damage increase to actually use his Empowerments.

37 Dreamcatcher procs, which is 30 ish reduced Cost, on empowerments.

26 total empowerments used/gained?

he was choosing Starsurging over actually using some of his empowerments. during burst phases of Incarnation/Lust Etc... he should be using his Empowerments till max ap, then weaving them inbetween his Dreamcatcher Procs, to maxmise his damage, They werent, they were focusing to much on keeping his chain of Dreamcatcher going, most problem with this helm, is people like to keep it going over doing viable damage.

used a potion of Prolonged Power, on a predominantly single Target fight. should use Deadly Grace for both pots.

at some points of the fight, he was at 100 Astral Power (our max), and was casting Lunar strike/Solar Wrath, to generate more AP, without spending it on Starsurges, even with the Dreamcatcher helm.

as seen below on attempt 32

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...type=resources

These look like soak points, he should be dropping AP before moving to Soak, even if its Starsrueg x 2 (3 with helm) into the boss.

sure this means he doesnt have max AP for the adds, but it will stop him overcapping and wasting possible damage on the boss.

also looking at below, The Druid went a Full 30 seconds multiple times without casting starsurge, while being at max AP, needs to fix it, especially if running Dreamcatcher, with Reduced AP cost after the first Starsurge.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=26&type=casts

Looking at below as well, (sorry about link length), it shows that he was also casting his moons AGES apart, while capping astral power after casting them. 45 seconds between a Half Moon and Full Moon, During no Haste/Lust phases or Incarn, is pretty lax. Maybe a Weak Aura so he can see its up to be used?
    was also casting them while at 100 Astral power, instead of dumping casting then dumping.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...false%24202771

to me your druids problems, seem to be overcapping astral power, casting moons at wrong time, and not using their Empowerments to increase there damage, and sometimes overlapping empowerments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    lol its not even close. if you got a bench you might want to use it....you know bring the player, unless his spec is garbage for a fight.

outside of better gear i dont really see him doing much wrong.

he is getting killed because of the movement more so then most other casters.
    yes and no, balance can be good on that fight, if the person knows what to do, they are great for soaks at the back due to Displacer, they can soak more then one soak just by going bear form, they have an AOE silence for stacked adds, and an instant BRes, as well as Innervate which is amazing for this fight during peak damage points. Yes their Damage may not be the best to bring for that fight, and yes it is a DPS check fight, but other niches help just as much.

also @Broccoliz, if you have a spare tank, and your warrior can DPS, id suggest another Druid Tank/Monk Tank/Demon Hunter, the dot the boss gives is Magic, and Warriors dont have the best Magic Reduction.
    Last edited by Kikazz; 2017-03-02 at 02:11 AM.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...6&ability=5487

Spending 10% of the fight outside of moonkin form isn't helping!

Your biggest problem however is 4 people dying to fel beam, really bad interrupts on adds, and your trolling warrior tank.