Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    Yup the forums had been around for a bit, I only joined at the time in 2008 because I think it was to get some tech help that I could not get on the main Warcraft forums at the time.
    I joined when Blizzard killed the wow community. On the server forums it was a great place to meet fellow players on the server get to know them personally. I made lots of friends, friends I sitll pay with today. Then they started closing any non related wow thread After that the forums died, the only post you see is guild recruitment's or server drama.
    Republicans and Democrats have the same strategy: "Divide and Conquer"
    Start thinking for yourself and open yourself to possibilities.
    Stay on topic

After giving it a lot of thought and reading feedback on this feature from the forum regarding the inaccuracy of the banners, I think we need to implement a live timer precise to the millisecond that tells forum-goers just how long a particular person has been registered on this website. This can replace the banner of course, as it seems to be confusing and upsetting to many people, who are no longer sure if they're in the year 2017 or some earlier year, such as 2015 or 2016, their entire belief system plunged into chaos by a menacing 100x21 pixel maniac.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    There is a 10:
    Oh hey, cool. I didn't expect the URL to be http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...YearBadge2.png. December can't come soon enough

I know I'm pooping on the parade, but I'd also like an option in our settings to turn our own year badge off. Just not a fan of forum badges. Reminds me a lot of a Voldemort forum that takes it to the point where it's not uncommon to see people with a stack of 6 or 7 badges. It can be useful for identifying mods, admins, and contributors, but we've got a join date and post count if we want to see at a glance how long people have been around and how much they've posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    I think 5 is the highest. unless there is a 10 one we havent seen yet. was this forum even around in 2007?
    You aren't paying attention, are you? :P

It's mmo-champ's 10 year anni.
    [email protected] | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX 1970 | 32GB DDR4 | 256GB NVMe | 775GB SSD | 7TB HDD | SeaSonic 750w 80+ Titanium PRIME | Fractal Design Define R4
    Samsung 34" 3440x1440 Curved | Schiit MODI 2 + ASGARD 2 | Schiit WYRD | Sennheiser HD 598 | Presonus Eris E5x2 | KRK 10S Subwoofer | Shure BETA 58A Microphone

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    After giving it a lot of thought and reading feedback on this feature from the forum regarding the inaccuracy of the banners, I think we need to implement a live timer precise to the millisecond that tells forum-goers just how long a particular person has been registered on this website. This can replace the banner of course, as it seems to be confusing and upsetting to many people, who are no longer sure if they're in the year 2017 or some earlier year, such as 2015 or 2016, their entire belief system plunged into chaos by a menacing 100x21 pixel maniac.

Did you post this in the Berenstein timeline? Or the Berenstain timeline.

Doesn't seem like it's overly accurate. Why are some people without a badge; or some people joined "X" years ago and only have a 1 year badge?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You aren't paying attention, are you? :P

It's mmo-champ's 10 year anni.
    I made that post before they announced the 10 year anni thing, these just appeared a few hours before they announced it was a 10 year anniversary.
    Need new signature ideas

5 is max indeed WTB 10 year :P
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ionstorm View Post
    Doesn't seem like it's overly accurate. Why are some people without a badge; or some people joined "X" years ago and only have a 1 year badge?
    Well, it isn't. It is 1, 3, 5 - and people like me (soon 9) have to stomach that. Sad world indeed /s

It's an nice addition sort of a small reward I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    I made that post before they announced the 10 year anni thing, these just appeared a few hours before they announced it was a 10 year anniversary.
    ooooooooh.

Ummm, look at @chaud's date! :P

Also, omg, @chaud I can use the spacebar in a quote quick reply without having to switch the editor to source mode! :O
    [email protected] | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX 1970 | 32GB DDR4 | 256GB NVMe | 775GB SSD | 7TB HDD | SeaSonic 750w 80+ Titanium PRIME | Fractal Design Define R4
    Samsung 34" 3440x1440 Curved | Schiit MODI 2 + ASGARD 2 | Schiit WYRD | Sennheiser HD 598 | Presonus Eris E5x2 | KRK 10S Subwoofer | Shure BETA 58A Microphone

Quote Originally Posted by Ionstorm View Post
    They only have 1, 3 and 5 Year Member... oh and also 10.
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2017-03-14 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Wow...they try to do something different for everyone and a ton of people cry about it.
    there is nothing and can not ever be anything that is universally loved

personally though I wish I could turn mine off or had a choice of different badges. not a huge deal though

I like it.

Thumps up

Herald of the Titans
    There should be one for every year tbh :P

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Oh hey, cool. I didn't expect the URL to be http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...YearBadge2.png. December can't come soon enough
    I used to like mmo-c a lot more before curse made it cancer and Boub was in charge. I can't remember my username from back then though

I also liked the mod who had an avatar of some chick with a shirt that read 'rogues do it better from behind'. He had a lot of thirsty betas msg him because of it lol
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.