Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Again, folks went on and on about how great General Mattis is. The early reports said Mattis approved of this mission before Trump even heard about it. Mattis and another General went to Trump's dinner to sell him on the raid, and Trump trusted Mattis advice on the matter.

A combat Veteran wrote for The Hill

The special operations plan was reviewed by the Pentagon and recommended for Trump’s approval. If the commander on the ground believed the intelligence and support were insufficient, he could have aborted the mission. Trump did not force an unwilling SEAL team into a dangerous raid. He was approving what the military said should be done

Trump is the Commander in Chief so ultimately the buck stops with him, but it seems some of you are wanting to act like Trump drew up the pans himself and against all advice, said Do it!

I missed everyone being equally outraged when Obama sent a Delta Force solider to his death
    Dont come here with your logic and reasoning. Trump is EVIL and EVERYTHING is his FAULT.

I don't even know why this is a big deal. Soldiers are nothing but cannon fodder, they're government dogs that get sent to die all the time. It's nothing new, many many more will be killed because of Trump's orders. If we're going to make a big deal about it and get all upset it's going to get really old really fast.

Should Trump have approved of this operation even though they didn't have proper intel or a good plan in place? No, probably not. Should people get angry and upset that someone in the military died? No, that's kind of what they sign up for.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Amazing. Contrast the extensive, exhaustive, exacting planning process under Obama to Trump's hasty and careless 25 minute planning session.

So, in summary:

1. Trump approved the raid over dinner, because he was told the Obama Administration wouldn't be bold enough to try it and wanted the glory.

2. The raid was discussed for 25 minutes in a planning meeting.

3. Instead of being in the Situation Room during the raid, he was tweeting.

4. The raid was a total failure, everything went wrong yet they did not abort. Owens got killed, at least 3 SEALs were injured, a $75M aircraft was lost, dozens of civilians got killed.

5. Trump's total incompetence and negligence got Owens killed yet he says it was a great success.

6. Trump blames the generals for the raids failure. (But it was a great success!)

7. The Trump Administration lied about the usefulness of the intelligence gathered, 10 military sources disprove this lie, saying that no useful intel was gathered.

8. Trump tries to wrap his colossal fuck-up in phony patriotism, parading the widow that he created at the Joint Address.

If this happened under Clinton, there would be dozens of House GOP investigations and calls for impeachment. So what we have is a brash and incompetent president obsessed with chasing glory and totally out of his depth, and the result is that he gets people killed.
    Only one new source with an anonymous quote. Its hard for me to believe. Still is 2hrs really that much better than 25 minutes? Why is Obama pulling out maps? He is not a military strategist. The quote makes zero sense. Still Ive done missions with much less planning. Sometimes, its hey, the target will be here and we have no idea where he will be after, we need to move now. We dont know any details.

This article is nothing more that for people that want to hate Trump for what happened to keep saying. Yes, yes.. I knew it!

If we get more news sources and maybe somebody that is willing to speak out without anonymity then cool. Otherwise, theres too much to question about this article.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I don't even know why this is a big deal. Soldiers are nothing but cannon fodder, they're government dogs that get sent to die all the time. It's nothing new, many many more will be killed because of Trump's orders. If we're going to make a big deal about it and get all upset it's going to get really old really fast.

Should Trump have approved of this operation even though they didn't have proper intel or a good plan in place? No, probably not. Should people get angry and upset that someone in the military died? No, that's kind of what they sign up for.
    Because people want any kind of ammo to say, see! I told you Trump sucks!

If James Mathis was in charge and approved of this, I personally am ok with it. Sucks it went to shit and someone died. But Mattis knows what he is doing and there is a reason he was overwhelmingly selected in by both sides of the political aisle.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The President has no purpose in micromanaging a tactical military operation, period. The failure is not his (nor would the glory had it succeeded).
    Pretty much this ^

No matter who you want to point fingers at, you can bet it's not the president where the fault lies. It might have gotten his approval but the plan was set well in motion before Trump became president. If the plan failed, look at who planned it all out. That wasn't trump.

The President has no purpose in micromanaging a tactical military operation, period. The failure is not his (nor would the glory had it succeeded).
    Quoted for Truth.

Is this a joke?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Considering people blamed Hillary for Benghazi, anything is possible.
    The issue with Benghazi was that they did not send reinforcements to an embassy that was under siege due to political considerations, essentially allowing people to die for political optics. The attack on Benghazi lasted for 13 hours. It was later revealed that the ambassador had many issues with the mission, including security concerns.

There were major issues with Benghazi, and there was also a major cover up where the White House and state department withheld information from the press. I don't see how you can compare the two circumstances where the raid in question here was thoroughly planned by the military and approved by the president in response to counsel from his highest level military adviser.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah guys. It's not like the President is the Commander in Chief of United States Armed Forces.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    The issue with Benghazi was that they did not send reinforcements to an embassy that was under siege due to political considerations, essentially allowing people to die for political optics. The attack on Benghazi lasted for 13 hours. It was later revealed that the ambassador had many issues with the mission, including security concerns.

There were major issues with Benghazi, and there was also a major cover up where the White House and state department withheld information from the press. I don't see how you can compare the two circumstances where the raid in question here was thoroughly planned by the military and approved by the president in response to counsel from his highest level military adviser.
    The issues with Benghazi were almost all due to failures of the DoD. The same goes for the raid in Yemen. Both were complete clusterfucks.

As for cover ups, we are seeing the exact same thing now with guys like Flynn. Creating a false narrative in order to cover up for incompetence. The outrage over Benghazi lasted for years. They pushed multiple investigations, and put people before Congress numerous times. Let's do the same for all the crap that is going on right now.

Trained combat soldier goes into combat and dies in combat, news at fucking 11...

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Probably because it cant be verified.
    But Russian whores peeing on Trump was all over the news the second the rumor hit the street haha. Verification hasn't been the media's strong point in years.

Deleted
    I do not see why Americans so concerned about a dead Soldier. They know the risks when they enlisted.
    What should be more disturbing to Americans is the raid was used to assassinated several American Citizens, including Children. This is not something new to the current administration. The Obama administration assassinated American Citizens with the Military also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, folks went on and on about how great General Mattis is. The early reports said Mattis approved of this mission before Trump even heard about it. Mattis and another General went to Trump's dinner to sell him on the raid, and Trump trusted Mattis advice on the matter.

The special operations plan was reviewed by the Pentagon and recommended for Trump’s approval. If the commander on the ground believed the intelligence and support were insufficient, he could have aborted the mission. Trump did not force an unwilling SEAL team into a dangerous raid. He was approving what the military said should be done

Trump is the Commander in Chief so ultimately the buck stops with him, but it seems some of you are wanting to act like Trump drew up the pans himself and against all advice, said Do it!

I missed everyone being equally outraged when Obama sent a Delta Force solider to his death
    Maybe because Trump dodges responsibility for everything bad, all the time, while taking credit for anything good that happens anywhere?

Or maybe it's because Obama didn't run around saying shit like, "I know more about offense and defense than they will ever understand, believe me. Believe me. Than they will ever understand. Than they will ever understand." Or, "There's nobody bigger or better at the military than I am"?

Is Trump a lying con artist, or did he deliberately send Owens to his death?
    Impeach the MF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes Trump is a moron.
    Every mission cant go perfect. Lives could be lost on even the most perfectly detailed strike.
    Our military men and women do not join to pick daisies.

You fuckers are going to get him elected again. Knock this shit off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    This theory I linked below is still floating around. MSM hasn't touched the Awan brothers yet, neither has the FBI, odd...

Muslim Spy Ring Linked To Navy SEAL's Death
    http://www.americanow.com/story/soci...vy-seals-death
    The bottom of your "article":

Sources: Daily Mail, Daily Caller, Mad World News/Facebook
    You'll believe anything won't you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    But Russian whores peeing on Trump was all over the news the second the rumor hit the street haha. Verification hasn't been the media's strong point in years.
    Stop.

There was a dossier and that dossier was put together by a respected and trusted intelligence operative.

The media didn't report Trump likes Russian piss parties. They reported there's a dossier put together by a respected and trusted intelligence operative and in it, there's accustaions Trump likes Russian piss parties.

That is perfectly accpetable and fine reporting of the facts. None of the MSM said it was proven Trump likes Russian piss parties.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Deleted
    Look for me its very simple, if you jion the army or become a Seal Death becomes a very possible outcome.
    This is also why they get good money because there job has a high risk.

And yes not all presidents have been in the militairy so like 95% of the past presidents are Incompetent that is why they have high ranking generals giving them advice.

10+ Year Old Account

Probably because Obama's raid got results. 20 ISIS militants killed, 5 detained, 70 hostages - whose graves had been dug - rescued? Yeah sorry, no comparison here.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As the commander in chief, yes he does have to take the blame (or at least part of it). He's the public face for the operation, in essence. While truthfully, the majority of the fault may belong elsewhere, like the generals or the operatives (possible faulty or outdated intelligence), he is ultimately the one who gives the ok to the operation. Meaning he will share in its blame if failed, and will share in its glory if success. That's just the way it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    As the commander in chief, yes he does have to take the blame (or at least part of it). He's the public face for the operation, in essence. While truthfully, the majority of the fault may belong elsewhere, like the generals or the operatives (possible faulty or outdated intelligence), he is ultimately the one who gives the ok to the operation. Meaning he will share in its blame if failed, and will share in its glory if success. That's just the way it works.
    The buck stops...somewhere other than here.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown