15+ Year Old Account

MSI Core Frozr L CPU Cooler

Bought this originally for the Ryzen pre order that I canceled, now what to do with it.

Seems heavy to use on a skylake, Its huge. Does anyone currently use it on thier sky/kaby lake?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just bought one to put on my 4790k. Won't lie; bought it solely cause I thought it looks cool. /shrug.

Haven't installed it yet as my Silent Wings 3's that I bought for it shipped separately and haven't arrived yet. Definitely "feels" higher quality than the last air cooler I had, before going to water, which was a Hyper 212 Evo.

Will post temps once it's up and running but that won't be until this weekend. (Will be in the exact same case you're using too.)
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Bought this originally for the Ryzen pre order that I canceled, now what to do with it.

Seems heavy to use on a skylake, Its huge. Does anyone currently use it on thier sky/kaby lake?

weighs less and is smaller than the NH-D15 which many people use on Sky/Kaby Lake. Shouldn't be a problem.

Single section with a 120mm fan? Seems like a very light radiator compared to some out there.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

15+ Year Old Account
    I will give it a whirl, it matches everything else on the rig. I think it would look nice, theres a Cryrig H7 on it now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Single section with a 120mm fan? Seems like a very light radiator compared to some out there.
    Yeah but it is heavy, 2.11 lbs (960G) with Fan

Well, heavy for a single section, not really for a two section.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

NH-D15 is 2.91 lbs. So as I said, if people use that without issue, you should be fine.