Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Top kek. Anyone stupid enough to believe that only one system is worth owning over all of them isn't a real gamer. Fucking casuals these days have ruined the gaming industry with their fabricated beliefs of a console war. Very few people ever gave two fucks about the Sega Genesis or Super Nintendo being better when I was a kid, most of us had one or the other and had friends who had the other system, so we were able to experience both for what they were. Shit doesn't even matter anymore because the majority of games are multiplatform titles, costs too fucking much to make a game for one platform these days. Next generation, there won't even be a reason to buy one system over another unless they are vastly different in terms of specs, because developers aren't going to lose money on their games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Top kek. Anyone stupid enough to believe that only one system is worth owning over all of them isn't a real gamer. Fucking casuals these days have ruined the gaming industry with their fabricated beliefs of a console war. Very few people ever gave two fucks about the Sega Genesis or Super Nintendo being better when I was a kid, most of us had one or the other and had friends who had the other system, so we were able to experience both for what they were. Shit doesn't even matter anymore because the majority of games are multiplatform titles, costs too fucking much to make a game for one platform these days. Next generation, there won't even be a reason to buy one system over another unless they are vastly different in terms of specs, because developers aren't going to lose money on their games.
    There is so much wrong in this post its not even funny and even more so the bolded part. Once again this isn't a Console Vs Console thread, watch the dam videos. Understand the topic at hand.

This is a thread on why the Ps4 is at the top and why the XboxOne has had such a hard time (along with the Wii-U).

So many people just chime in and ignore the OP...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    In my opinion when Microsoft decided to release games on PC, That is when they gave up on being a console only brand.

It makes zero sense to buy a XB1 if you have a half decent (even walmart special) PC.

Colin said it best to be honest.

Nintendo showed you can't live on first party titles alone and Microsoft shows you can't live on 3rd party titles alone.

Sony has a great mix (while rocky at the first) of first and third party exclusive titles, with multi-platform games.

Microsoft has Halo Wars 2 (It bombed in ratings) State of Decay 2 (no release date) and Crackdown 3 (no release date) this year. By Microsoft wanting to release the Xbox Scrop they are showing they want to put this gen and the XB1 behind them.

That E3 showing is something they never recovered from.

Also there has never been a console generation that ended with them on top. The Ps3 was a shit show for a long time and end the end it barely outsold the 360.

Edit: I do recommend people watch both videos even if you don't like Colin.
    I watched the videos and he makes some sense, however.. you are incorrect about there being zero sense to buy xbox 1. because despite having a pc that can easily run everything windows store has and then some? there are games that I would like to play.. that I cannot. because they require console and are not available on pc. and they stated that for example Halo (other then wars) is going to be xbox only still. you can only get 2 out of 4 gears games on pc. etc

honestly? console wars are silly. me, i have ps4, becasue they have exclusives I really wanted to play, including Horizon zero dawn, which, voice acting and animation blips notwithstanding? is a hell of a fun game. it just so happens that playstation has numerically more exclusives that I was interested in than xbox and chances are, that it was the same for a LOT of people, and this is where I somewhat disagree with him. playstation sells better then xbox? primarily and almost entirely on strength of its exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    I'm not sure why people even like the xbox. Playstation wins just on the back of their exclusives alone (and always has).
    Give a reason why playstation wins with certain facts dude. You just give personal opinion now.

But I do agree that the PS4 has better exclusive games than the xbox.
    Microsoft wins in terms of service and also several of their games arent that bad. ( halo franchise I will for me it aint ruined yet. )

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Who cares? I own the consoles who have games I want to play, which is all of them.

Having a sense of "loyalty" to a giant corporation is kinda silly in my opinion.
    It absolutely does matter; how well a company (Microsoft) fares in a certain market (The home console market) will determine whether or not they will continue producing their good (The Xbox's). When a consumer begins shopping for a home console, they are going to evaluate what they will gains and costs associated with a specific product. In an age where your average American can buy a $300 laptop that can run games just as well as a last generation console, the consumer will determine which console they will buy by the mere fact of which console will provide the most customer satisfaction (in this case, the most amount of games the consumer wants that they can play on a system). Most mainstream, triple-A titles are ported across PC, Playstation, and Xbox consoles. To derive more sales, the developers of the consoles try to acquire titles exclusive to their console, increasing the potential customer satisfaction that would be gained by purchasing their console. When a customer looks at the Playstation 4 and the Xbox One, they see that the PS4 can not only run the vast majority of everything the Xbone can, but also has a wider of titles to play (via console exclusives), thus raising the overall amount of potential customer satisfaction as compared to the substitute good in the same market, the Xbox One, and since prices for both goods are relatively equivalent ($250), which good do you think the consumer will purchase?

Consumers have long memories though, and when a long running developer releases a new console, the consumer will reflect upon their prior experiences with their previous consoles, or the reasons as to why they didn't buy said console in the first place. This gives the producer bad reputation in the consumer's mind, and biases the consumer. This adds up in the long run, and will invariably lead to declining sales. Couple this with the fact that Microsoft is subservient to shareholders who want to see profits, and there might just be an executive meeting about whether or not to continue producing consoles...

TL;DR, Mircrosoft getting consistently curbstomped by it's competitor in the console market could lead to them to simply stop producing Xboxes, leaving you with just Nintendo and Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    TL;DR, Mircrosoft getting consistently curbstomped by it's competitor in the console market could lead to them to simply stop producing Xboxes, leaving you with just Nintendo and Sony.
    Share holders have requested non-stop for Microsoft to leave the console market. Personally that is something I do NOT want to happen. Less competition is a bad thing, It doesn't need to be a Nintendo/Sony show.

But Microsoft releasing all there games on the PC now has kinda made them already do that. Like Colin said what is the point in having a XB1 now when the majority (If not all) its games are getting a PC port.

I want each company to do well because competition is good for the consumer. But its a fact that XB1 is dying for a good exclusive title and it has none. Halo and Gears (As much as I love gears and GOW4) does not pull the weight it use to. For many people Gears ended at GoW3 and the Halo 5 story was a massive disappointment.

Also WHERE THE FUCK IS CUP HEAD......

Edit: In my opinion if it wasn't for the backwards comparability system, The XB1 would be dead.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-05 at 02:11 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

As a person who can not stand most of console games, I'd say ps4 won because of its exclusives and more aggressive pricing.

Share holders have requested non-stop for Microsoft to leave the console market. Personally that is something I do NOT want to happen. Less competition is a bad thing, It doesn't need to be a Nintendo/Sony show.

But Microsoft releasing all there games on the PC now has kinda made them already do that. Like Colin said what is the point in having a XB1 now when the majority (If not all) its games are getting a PC port.

I want each company to do well because competition is good for the consumer. But its a fact that XB1 is dying for a good exclusive title and it has none. Halo and Gears (As much as I love gears and GOW4) does not pull the weight it use to. For many people Gears ended at GoW3 and the Halo 5 story was a massive disappointment.

Edit: In my opinion if it wasn't for the backwards comparability system, The XB1 would be dead.
    This! Absolutely this.

I wonder what a console market with only Nintendo and Sony involved would look like, but I sincerely hope it never comes down to it. Microsoft CAN offer great experiences that only they can provide... if they actually got their act together. Only time will tell.

I wonder what a console market with only Nintendo and Sony involved would look like
    It would be a repeat of the N64/PS1 era and the start of the PS2/Gamecube (Before Xbox came out) era. It will also cause Sony to get lazy and make stupid ass choices.

Deleted
    I just pick console based on what my friends play on, the only games i play are ones that are on both platforms, lost interest in halo a while ago so exclusives don't interest me. Maybe they would if i saw an exclusive game on a console that i was interested in, but so far im only leaning toward PS4 because i know more people who play there. Otherwise i would get xbox one, just because its a bit cheaper.

This! Absolutely this.

I wonder what a console market with only Nintendo and Sony involved would look like, but I sincerely hope it never comes down to it. Microsoft CAN offer great experiences that only they can provide... if they actually got their act together. Only time will tell.
    It would be like it was before Sony came in (when it was just Nintendo and Sega, though there was the Jaguar and NeoGeo, but those weren't really even competitors). With the death of Sega (thanks to the Dreamcast), the 2 console system really lasted until Xbox came out during Playstation 2 and Gamecube.

I remember during the Xbox 360/Playstation 3/Wii generation, Sony tripped at the start with the $600 pricetag for the PS3, which gave the 360 a massive boost in sales and good will for going with the lower price point. The Wii sold rather well thanks to Nintendo's "family friendly" reputation, though that also hurts Nintendo in ways. The generation that grew up with the NES/SNES/Genesis are older and aren't really into the "family friendly" unless they themselves have kids. Microsoft cut off their leg similar to Sony during the last generation, this time around. Marketing the Xbone as an always online multimedia machine that can also play games really screwed them over.

I'll stick to Playstation and Nintendo, as the Xbox has never interested me, and the fans from early in the Xbox lifespan calling Nintendo fans "kids" and Playstation fans "weeaboos" make me not care if Microsoft dropped out of the console market and left it to Sony and Nintendo, and maybe another company that would decide to join in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sony won the propaganda war back in 2012. The internet back then hated everything about Microsoft and Xbox and that trickled down to the average consumer. Microsoft also didn't help themselves by going along with that awful Kinect.

People have no idea how much influence these companies have on the internet. Their shills and agents are everywhere, masquerading as one of us.

Less competition is only bad when it's the companies who are solely in the video game business being forced out like a sega, nintendo, or atari. Microsoft isn't one of them and bullied the smaller guys from the very beginning funneling profits from monopolies in other businesses into their consoles. It didn't even pay off for them but for a brief period.

Maybe now they will finally exit the console business and focus completely on PC gaming like they should have always been doing.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2017-03-05 at 07:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really watch many of Colin's videos, but I think people are missing the point here. It's not a video meant to fan the flames in the great big 'console war' but rather explains the success of the PS4 and why the Xbox One will not be able to compete from a sales standpoint, despite being a great console on its own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Xbox better step their game up because for too long now their exclusives have been weak as hell. I actually wanted to get an Xbone when that new Scorpio model comes out but now I'm not so sure anymore. I mean when you think about it Xbox One games can also be played on PC now so what is the point? I basically already have the Scorpio, actually something way better than the Scorpio. Especially since online is free and the nice cherry on top that is better graphical performance. Not only that but with the ability to play those games on PC with an Xbox One controller so if it's keyboard and mouse controls you're worried about, there's no need to worry about it, play with a controller then.

With PS4's exclusives and now with the Switch being out (which is looking pretty damn impressive and is getting me excited to get it) along with the amazing Zelda Breath of the Wild, Xbox is eating a lot of dust right now and they've become very quiet in the past few months. At least to me it seems that way.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-03-06 at 04:45 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    With PS4's exclusives and now with the Switch being out (which is looking pretty damn impressive and is getting me excited to get it) along with the amazing Zelda Breath of the Wild, Xbox is eating a lot of dust right now and they've become very quiet in the past few months. At least to me it seems that way.
    Yeah the macro doing the rounds right now is "nintendo fan: yay zelda!, sony fan: yay horizon!, sony and pc fan: yay nier! xbox fan: ....man scalebound would have been nice", when you dont exist in a vacuum your platform putting its titles on pc really makes itself redundant :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yeah the macro doing the rounds right now is "nintendo fan: yay zelda!, sony fan: yay horizon!, sony and pc fan: yay nier! xbox fan: ....man scalebound would have been nice", when you dont exist in a vacuum your platform putting its titles on pc really makes itself redundant :/
    Yeah. God damn though I forgot about Scalebound. I was actually really looking forward to that game too.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Sure it can be a two horse race, Nintendo and Sony was the best era of gaming. Microsoft offers nothing that the other console makers can't do from the broader scope of the gaming business.

As a ps4 owner, I always walk by the Xbox section at the store, and think, well what if I bought one.

Then I look at prospective titles I could buy... and I don't really find much that looks interesting. I'm 33, so Halo/Gears of War doesn't do much for me, and everything else is generally on PS4 & I own it already.

If you only had an Xbox1, you could say something similar, but Sony generally has better studios under their wing and produce better new IPs.

/shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Sure it can be a two horse race, Nintendo and Sony was the best era of gaming. Microsoft offers nothing that the other console makers can't do from the broader scope of the gaming business.
    Except you know... Xbox is what revolutionized online gaming ( sega tried, but failed ). Now it's common practice. Microsoft has had it rough with the One, for the most part because kinect is/was a failure. Not releasing exclusives also hurts.

Sony/Nintendo days were not better than the big 3 days, by any means. Nostalgia is a helluva drug though.

Edit: Xbox still provides the best online experience, with a somewhat close Sony and largely distant Nintendo.
    Last edited by rosebull; 2017-03-06 at 05:22 PM.