Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got a couple games with her last night.

I like her. Her gun is reliable and has a long range. I killed Mei's who didn't realize they couldn't freeze me through Fortify, and Tracers who stickied me and not killing me. Statistically, I was high on damage, and I had more "damage blocked" than I have had as Reinhardt. But, I have a big problem of reloading too much. Always have, ever since the days of Goldeneye. So, with her really long reload time, it becomes an issue. Also, outside of environmental kills and maybe coordinated attacks, I found no use for her alternate fire. She does seem like she could use a little more health, as most others are saying. She feels like a defense hero with a little toughness than a tank. Fortify is great, but you're not as tough as you think.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2017-03-22 at 08:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really wouldn't take 1 night of quickplay as a judge to how she will perform with actual coordinated teams. Bastion, Mei and Symmetra also suck if you play them with no team coordination. But they are also game changers if done correctly.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Also, outside of environmental kills and maybe coordinated attacks, I found no use for her alternate fire.
    I've been messing around, and there's definitely uses. I was defending point A on Hollywood last night, and we had a Genji and Ana hanging around the car that's parked in that first gate; I was able to use my right-click to pull them out of cover and face direct fire from my teammates several times. I've had a few really nice environmental kills, too; remember you can right-click again to "detonate" it before it hits something. Had a few really nice shots on Lijang Tower on both Night Market and Garden maps that way.

While it's early days and this would probably only work at low ranks, it's also a big green ball floating towards you, which makes people freak out, even if it's not much of a threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like her a lot but I'd rather she be slightly less squishy and do slightly less damage to balance it out. If you get caught with both shield and fortify on cooldown, she goes down really fast. I hear her head hitbox is really large too, which might be part of it. Not that tanks should be invincible but if we want her to be more of a front line tank like Rein she should be a little more survivable IMO.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I like her RMB, it's pretty unexplored but definitely has potential, especially for dislodging people from high ground.

Honestly her entire kit feels fun and decent to me but it sucks when you can't really play up at all because you get murdered by every flanker in existence because of your impossible to miss headshot hitbox and mediocre health.

Deleted
    She is so strong with a good healer, but it's really hard vs Pharah/Tracer/Reaper who just rip her from full to 0 within a few hits.

I do like using fortify on a tracer bomb, rending her ult completely useless.

Too fragile. Way too fragile. However I am getting highest block records. Plus the weapon is reliable short or long distance. Head is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    She is so strong with a good healer, but it's really hard vs Pharah/Tracer/Reaper who just rip her from full to 0 within a few hits.

I do like using fortify on a tracer bomb, rending her ult completely useless.
    fortifying ultimates is soooooo satisfying

it should be on a lower CD though since she's just so squishy. Feels like a better winston imo
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like this robot. I could see making it my go-to while playing tank on defense maps. Too immobile and squishy for my tastes on KoH maps, and the shield doesn't seem as useful for moving payload. We'll see though. I'd rather see lower firepower and higher health, but I think this makes them more fun.

I like the gravity bubble thing. Can see it being very useful. Use it to peel and help defend. Or use it to pull folks out of cover. Obviously awesome for environmental and ult kills.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I really like this robot. I could see making it my go-to while playing tank on defense maps. Too immobile and squishy for my tastes on KoH maps, and the shield doesn't seem as useful for moving payload. We'll see though. I'd rather see lower firepower and higher health, but I think this makes them more fun.

I like the gravity bubble thing. Can see it being very useful. Use it to peel and help defend. Or use it to pull folks out of cover. Obviously awesome for environmental and ult kills.
    Put your shield on the payload.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    fortifying ultimates is soooooo satisfying

it should be on a lower CD though since she's just so squishy. Feels like a better winston imo
    Those are not very comparable heroes, lol.

I played her a bit in QM, and I find her strong. Her shield, while lower HP than Reinhardt's, has a short cool down so depending on incoming fire it can be up almost 100% the time. Her damage is also good, albeit her projectiles are somewhat slow so on long distances it's not too easy to hit moving targets. I think though slight nerfs are incoming.

I honestly feel she's the second worst hero in the game after Junkrat but I'd be open to pro players changing my mind on her.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Ginger View Post
    I played her a bit in QM, and I find her strong. Her shield, while lower HP than Reinhardt's, has a short cool down so depending on incoming fire it can be up almost 100% the time. Her damage is also good, albeit her projectiles are somewhat slow so on long distances it's not too easy to hit moving targets. I think though slight nerfs are incoming.
    I am leaning towards the complete opposite. She's very weak compared to the other tanks and I can see quite a few buffs not nerfs coming. she's only useful on very few parts of very few maps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Ginger View Post
    My views haven't changed much since PTR, in fact, on PTR I thought she was better than she's proving. She is awful. Being slow and squishy is a lethal combination in this game, and she is slow and squishy.

Could be that people just arent good but as a sombra I'm actually hoping Orisa faces and tries to attack me. That head is effing huge and basically doubles my dmg compared to sneaky attacks from an angle.

She is incredibly weak to flankers which is bad.

This might just be inexperience but my best games with Orisa's have been with a Reinhardt ontop of her, which is ironic because she's supposed to be another anchor tank like him but instead she is once again completely outdone by the big daddy of Overwatch.

I encounter a lot of dive in Comp at my rank and I have no clue how she's supposed to deal with it or add to it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post

This might just be inexperience but my best games with Orisa's have been with a Reinhardt ontop of her, which is ironic because she's supposed to be another anchor tank like him but instead she is once again completely outdone by the big daddy of Overwatch.

I encounter a lot of dive in Comp at my rank and I have no clue how she's supposed to deal with it or add to it at all.
    She could do with another hundred health, I think. Though I doubt that would make a huge difference given how quickly she goes down if focused or caught by surprise. The spread of her bullets means that if I get the jump on her as Symmetra I stand a good chance of defeating her if she lacks any backup. This is less effective versus Reinhardt given the effectiveness of his hammer.

Orisa tends to shine on the likes of Eichenwalde or Volskaya - especially at chokepoints. Strategic use of her alt fire can force environmental kills as well which is pretty fun to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    She doesn't need to be a clone to be an alternative; but it's the role and being an alternative that Jeff literally said was her purpose. And she can't fill it. She's too slow, too predictable in telegraphing all her movement by throwing shields, and too fragile. She's much more a support tank in the mould of Zarya.

Jeff didn't mean it as that sort of "alternative". There was a shit load of other stuff he said following that. She isn't meant to be exactly the same as reinhardt with his big shield. Like him, she's an anchor tank. You gather around her for protection and bonus's. But unlike Reinhardts role as a large moving shield, she has a smaller deplorable shield, lays cover fire, has a damage boosting ult and yanks enemies into a spot to set up kills.

She fills a different set of functions as as an anchor tank. A utility anchor rather than a pure defense anchor. This sacrifices some of her survivability since she seems dependent on fortify for the most part.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-03-24 at 07:43 AM.

So I take it she's unavailable in competitive until the next season?

I honestly feel she's the second worst hero in the game after Junkrat but I'd be open to pro players changing my mind on her.
    The fuck is everyone's problem with Junkrat? And no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.