Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Enha] How is your damage in NH?

So, after 7.1.5 balance, forum was full of posts about enha is destroyed, mediocre ST dmg, worst AoE and lately noone mentioning it.
    Did everyone roll ele or another class?

About NH, how is your dmg comparing to other classes?
    In our NH hc runs, usually Im totally outdpsed by frost DKs and rogues, ST mostly. Can keep up with fire mages, ele shaman is about the same on ST.

I've felt that once I got my 4pc and back to Boulderfist that it has been very good. I usually out dps a lot of other classes with a much higher iLvl. In fact, the only one I have never been able to beat is the other Enhanced Shaman who is a great player and always had 8-12 higher iLvl than me. YMMV, but this is how it feels to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    Show me on the doll where the bad shield touched you
    RIP Warrior Gladiator Build

Quote Originally Posted by Vultana View Post
    I've felt that once I got my 4pc and back to Boulderfist that it has been very good. I usually out dps a lot of other classes with a much higher iLvl. In fact, the only one I have never been able to beat is the other Enhanced Shaman who is a great player and always had 8-12 higher iLvl than me. YMMV, but this is how it feels to me.
    Really? I feel the four piece isn't actually working. My proc rate has not seem to have increased at all. The two piece on the other hand... Best two piece ever. Not looking forward to replacing it with the next set..
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Really? I feel the four piece isn't actually working. My proc rate has not seem to have increased at all. The two piece on the other hand... Best two piece ever. Not looking forward to replacing it with the next set..
    I feel the same, especially when i wear the 2p in m+, dang.
    But yeah, I've had times where i just kept spamming lava lash and no procs at all with 4p, they should increase it a little bit but other than that, dps is fine

I am a 899 equipped enhance playing it since start of legion and imo we are in a pretty weird state. We feel EXTREMELY proc dependent and since Blizz decided to nerf blooming frond and SA our ability to proc consistently was instead traded into our tier bonus which is even more RNG. I still enjoy playing the spec, but the numbers are pretty disappointing compared to classes like DH, DK, Ret, Monk, and most melee tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JSleezy View Post
    I am a 899 equipped enhance playing it since start of legion and imo we are in a pretty weird state. We feel EXTREMELY proc dependent and since Blizz decided to nerf blooming frond and SA our ability to proc consistently was instead traded into our tier bonus which is even more RNG. I still enjoy playing the spec, but the numbers are pretty disappointing compared to classes like DH, DK, Ret, Monk, and most melee tbh.
    So, how much are you behind other melee?

I can't speak to "top end" play and what it feels like because i have been in a casual, Normal clearing climbing up Heroics raiding environment in NH, but I (885) have traded places with all the other dps classes from fight to fight even though they were mostly 5-10 iLvl higher so I don't feel broken. Again, YMMV

Feels way more RNG than 7.1 that's for sure.

More RNG and basically no payoff for it. Like getting godly amount of procs and still you are just barely pulling ahead of many other melee's that excel at ST. We are ok in NH but still I feel that there are way more melee specs that just has better tools for it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Inay View Post
    More RNG and basically no payoff for it. Like getting godly amount of procs and still you are just barely pulling ahead of many other melee's that excel at ST. We are ok in NH but still I feel that there are way more melee specs that just has better tools for it at the moment.
    This.
    And yeah, its sad when you pop hero on pull, and for full duration not of doom winds but wolves too you dont get SB procs... like rng god dont care that you have 8k haste+hero+bti+2xWS and through this time you have used Lava lash like 6 times.

I'm in a casual guild, 890 equipped ilvl (4pc + emalon + shaladrassil), with guildies all at the same ilvl and I'm always 1st at damage done.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunyuns View Post
    I'm in a casual guild, 890 equipped ilvl (4pc + emalon + shaladrassil), with guildies all at the same ilvl and I'm always 1st at damage done.
    Yep. Enh is one of easiest spec to be top in casual guilds.

7+ Year Old Account
    On many fights I'll be parsing in the 90th+ percentile bracket (for comparative iLvl, not overall, I'm iLvl 893 with the 4 piece) and I usually am in that 5th to 8th range on the dps meters. I am also usually top 3 on Boss damage because our raid leader understands that Enhance is best when tunneling (or cleaving off of) the boss.

So yeah, we are in a kinda decent spot now, but we really need to play our asses off and RNG can really stick it in and break it off sometimes.

It's my off spec so I don't run it in NH, but do you guys see a variance of over 100k in dps per fight? It seems like on good proc days its amazing and on bad proc days its okay.

Yes, I would say the variance ranges 100k+ between some fights, some of that is procs, some is my fault, and some is because movement or runout with rebuff, etc... I just looked real quick at logs and found this variance in my (a 885 casual) playing:
    Scorp: 575k
    Chron: 521k
    Trill: 464 k
    Spell Aug: 546k
    Tich: 515k
    Star Aug: 513k
    Krosus: 505k
    HiBot: 468k
    Elisan: 356k
    Gul'dan: 368k

Deleted
    dps is shit.
    way to inconsistent
    last 3 times on trillax mythic i had only 25 / 26 and 23 stormbringer proccs.
    have 4p 72% mastery, 25% haste.

enhancement is atm just retarded.
    and yes. i play enhancement since nearly 10 years

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am still at the top of the meters, however, I am consistently ranking in the 90-99 Percentile bracket.

Whereas lots of the players around me are around the 60-80 mark so theres a gulf of skill there.

Whats frustrating is even with me playing at the 90+ percentile, players in the 60-70 percentile are extremely close to me. It feels as if they SLIGHLY improved (or if I was in a guild that was somewhat serious about Mythic Prog), id be getting down the ladder a bit.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2017-03-04 at 11:14 PM.

eeh... i find myself sitting in the mid of the dps meaters

Deleted
    Well dks do better, warriors do better, dhs do better, rogues do better. do the math

Are you having fun playing the class? Is your raid team keeping you on it or guild raid team keeping you? Then who cares? Way too many people care about the big flashy numbers on the screen. Raiding is a team effort, if you guys downed the boss, some people got gear or at least AP then that is all that matters. There is more fun to the game than just topping the charts.