Thumbs up "A Few Extra Pounds" and "BBW" - misconceptions about online dating

I am not trolling. This is for serious discussion, so no insensitivity or derogatory words towards women.

I was checking out girls on Plenty of Fish (this applies to all dating sites, however), and all the time I've used this site, I've become so untrustworthy of girls who put "A Few Extra Pounds" or "BBW" as their weight description. Some of them use older pictures as their main image and first three...and you see them increase in size as you start to see their ACTUAL more recent-pics. Some of them also fit into the "BBW" category, but they choose to say that being grossly overweight is only "a few extra". They might even take aerial shots to make themselves look thinner.

First of all, not all BBW's are beautiful. Maybe on the inside, with the exception of Triggly Puff.

For equality's sake, guys should also lose weight, too. I know women go for personality over looks - which is the opposite of men - but this is why wives cheat on their husbands, because they're tired of the lazy, fat slob you've become. I don't get why people can't just keep working at losing the weight, it didn't come from nowhere! It's not impossible to lose!

Of course, the golden rule is you cannot ever hint to a woman that she is overweight, not in the slightest, or you get a reaction that's equivalent to the aftermath of finding her dog has passed away.

Please leave this thread up, because it deserves discussion. Let the users decide, they are the ones who use this site most.

I like big girls. But there is very much a difference between DAMN and DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obesity is one of the worst epidemics humanity faces. We have access to food and instead of eating healthy, some of us are living such unhealthy lives!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    I like big girls. But there is very much a difference between DAMN and DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.

But why? Why not a fit girl who has discipline.
    Last edited by Tennis; 2017-03-03 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JesusPlz View Post
    I am not trolling. This is for serious discussion, so no insensitivity or derogatory words towards women.

I was checking out girls on Plenty of Fish (this applies to all dating sites, however), and all the time I've used this site, I've become so untrustworthy of girls who put "A Few Extra Pounds" or "BBW" as their weight description. Some of them use older pictures as their main image and first three...and you see them increase in size as you start to see their ACTUAL more recent-pics. Some of them also fit into the "BBW" category, but they choose to say that being grossly overweight is only "a few extra". They might even take aerial shots to make themselves look thinner.

First of all, not all BBW's are beautiful. Maybe on the inside, with the exception of Triggly Puff.

For equality's sake, guys should also lose weight, too. I know women go for personality over looks - which is the opposite of men - but this is why wives cheat on their husbands, because they're tired of the lazy, fat slob you've become. I don't get why people can't just keep working at losing the weight, it didn't come from nowhere! It's not impossible to lose!

Of course, the golden rule is you cannot ever hint to a woman that she is overweight, not in the slightest, or you get a reaction that's equivalent to the aftermath of finding her dog has passed away.

Please leave this thread up, because it deserves discussion. Let the users decide, they are the ones who use this site most.
    So... what are we discussing? Gender inequality? Lying online, especially in the dating scene? Double standards? Cheating/infidelity? Health and weight loss? BBWs' beauty? Stereotypes in what each gender is looking for?

I think people should learn to forgo online dating and meet people naturally. Online dating seems to provide opportunities for deceit on the part of all parties involved, and not just in relationship to physical appearance. Filters + camera angle can make you look a lot different than you actually look like in person.

Meeting people through friends or family seems to be be best way to meet someone, you can get a bit of info on them before that first date from outside sources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Obesity is the worse. We have access to food and instead of eating healthy, some of us are living such unhealthy lives!
    People like you pushing their ideals on everyone is much much worse than a few fat chicks. Fuck off with your everyone but white people and fat chicks need protection. Fuck you, fuck Trudeau and fuck anyone that thinks as you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Obesity is the worst. We have access to food and instead of eating healthy, some of us are living such unhealthy lives!

- - - Updated - - -

Because different people like different things you fucking imbecile.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-03-03 at 02:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    fat people are a turn off for me, so i briefly used online dating, i ignored pofiles that were set to "few extra" or "bbw" and tended to avoid profiles that didn;t have full body shots when listed as "prefer not to say"/ Online dating wasn't for me, it was pretty much just fat people and bots in my area. In the end i opted for meeting people in the real world, it was much better.

I mean are we talking...

or...

Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-03-03 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JesusPlz View Post
    You don't need to tell a girl she's overweight, she already knows. Just as I don't need to tell x dude that they're fat, they have a crappy job, they're not all that attractive, etc. What's the point of saying these things to someone? Just to be a dick?

YES! Also I should clarify what I find attractive: Demi Lovato, even during the times they were teasing her weight cruelly - and Kelly Clarkson. In the most complimentary way I can describe, they are the PERFECT weight for me. It's like "Goldilocks and the Three Bears", where one porridge is too hot, one is too cold...but the other is "just right"? I love a girl who can even maintain THAT weight, because I like slightly bigger girls, but like you said...there's slightly bigger, and then there's "bigger".

Listen ladies...don't develop eating disorders for our sake. If you feel beautiful in the mirror, that's great. Some guys are actually into BBW's, and...all the power to them. Someone will eventually come along, and usually it's black guys (I'm not being racist, this is statistically-correct).

There was one girl who messaged me, however...and I decided to try constructive criticism. I didn't call her a derogatory term (I'm so scared of censorship on these boards), but I felt "Someone has to tell her she isn't attractive at that size." I worded my rejection as constructively as I could, and got a reply back that I've ruined her whole night, and the whole next day.

If only she knew that I found it more amusing, and that I experienced ZERO guilt!

Big doesn't mean fat, first of all. And people like different things, who'd of guessed, ey?!

Women who are obese and describing themselves as 'just a little extra on the side' is just dumb though.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I mean are we talking...

or...

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I think every Tuesday should be free taco Tuesday.
    Do you pick up girls at taco stands often? lol

@titaan308 That first one though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Do you pick up girls at taco stands often? lol
    I don't think he means Taco stands hehehe

The future you deserve.

TITAN308, I mean the first girl. That's sexy. Please forgive me from sounding like a pig, but I'd even be fine with her putting on a BIT more weight, literally a bit. But maintaining yourself is important. As a guy who was blessed with an excellent metabolism, there have been times I've indulged and noticed my gut and I'm like "I can't go to work like this!" That's proper self-shame. Plus, my jeans were tighter.

Uncontrolled weight-gain leads to more spending on clothes, an extra airline seat, sometimes a broken chair. I actually saw a family visitor at my house break a chair just by sitting in it...don't blame the carpenter!

The future you deserve.
    Oh lord aaaaaahahaha!

10+ Year Old Account
    There doesn't seem to be anything useful here except an echo-chamber for fat shaming and gender discussion (which is forbidden anyway).

Closing.