Thread: 3v3 solo que

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

3v3 solo que

Why 3v3 soloQ isn't a thing?
    What I mean is being able to que and get matched as dd/dd/healer instantly, without having to find your mate via lfg
    You would be able to get instantly into games instead of having to spend hours on lfg with terrible results (2k cr)

yes please?

even if you do have the achievements that get you instantly invited in a group (still takes some time if you're not a healer), spending so much time in LFG can be tiresome, also not all of us are still 17 and carefree able to apply to any guild we want and have dedicated RBG days, arena rating push days, raiding days, M+ farm days etc, we need flexibility and that means immediate and solo access to meaningful group content

thats why you have skirmish. if you want ORGANIZED play, you have to ORGANIZE. this isnt CSGO/OW/dota, where btw the results are pretty much 50:50 whether you get someone to carry you or to lose your game. And if you can barely get 2k through LFG, you wont do much better in random queue. And LFG is meant as a starting tool, not a constant go in and queue to play some games tool. You should invest time playing with certain people you like and over time you will all get better and get more than 2k.

if 3v3 solo que was a thing, ppl wouldnt use it above 2k cr if 3v3solo would que into pre-made 3s, since chances are rather high that pre-made would stomp random 3s most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    if 3v3 solo que was a thing, ppl wouldnt use it above 2k cr if 3v3solo would que into pre-made 3s, since chances are rather high that pre-made would stomp random 3s most of the time.
    it's actually really popular on a certain private realm i wont name
    even on high rating

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    it's actually really popular on a certain private realm i wont name
    even on high rating
    Cant comment on that, since i dont play on private releams, but correct me if i am wrong, best pvpers in WoW play current xpac on Blizzard's servers. Besides on private population is much lower and since there are no glad mounts/titles (or there are lol? not sure) there is no real motivation other than rating itself to form a premade arena grps.

Deleted
    I would actually love to see it, make it a separate bracket away from premade pvp. And make it purely solo 3v3 ladder.

Cant comment on that, since i dont play on private releams, but correct me if i am wrong, best pvpers in WoW play current xpac on Blizzard's servers. Besides on private population is much lower and since there are no glad mounts/titles (or there are lol? not sure) there is no real motivation other than rating itself to form a premade arena grps.
    plenty of high rated wow pvpers play there
    i havent played there in a while but last time i did, players like hydra were active there

and your name is still on a ladder, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    plenty of high rated wow pvpers play there
    i havent played there in a while but last time i did, players like hydra were active there

and your name is still on a ladder, etc.
    hm interesting, it has been ages since i saw Hydra. I mean there do play high rated players, but there are more high rated playing life you know ? Hence, if solo que was an option, it would be a disadvantage to que as random, since there are plenty premade teams in game, in my humble opinion that is -)

Deleted
    hm interesting, it has been ages since i saw Hydra. I mean there do play high rated players, but there are more high rated playing life you know ? Hence, if solo que was an option, it would be a disadvantage to que as random, since there are plenty premade teams in game, in my humble opinion that is -)
    Thats why it should be only solo queue not premades :3

soloQ and premade Q would obviously be separate

Yes if solo que would be separate from premade, and give glad titles, this would be amazing and solve issue of fotm comp dominating ladder, since if you que solo ud face all types of comps,it would arena more fun, I love the idea now if we split solo and premade ladder

Blizzard.needs to jump at this idea, I am sure it will increase PvP representation
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2017-03-07 at 12:07 AM.

They can't make 3v3 soloQ as that would pretty much end arenas, if they split soloQ/ premadeQ with an already low representation of players there will be too few players and the ladders would be totally broken, on the other hand if they don't split the queues no one would go solo as premades would just win everytime.

Have you ever played solo queue on AT (since the serve moved and http://arena-tournament.com/ isnt actually a server on its own i think you can call it that) recently? Soloq has the advantage that you can play 3s all the time without having to find partners, and high solo q achievements are very well regarded however the second you enter soloq you enter a realm of hate, insults and rage only known to mobas will wash over you.

People get so incredibly upset in solo queue, way way moreso then they do in 3s or 2s already. A 3s team has to stay intact overall, so you get very people that totally explode. You get endless amounts of them in soloq because no one has to play with the same people again.

Although, honestly id love soloq with the addition of a overwatch like teamspeak system and some sort of rage/hate prevention system.

Solo Queue until 2.2k, after that you will probably find someone to play with and premade that

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Solo queue is cancer in every single game it's in.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Solo queue is cancer in every single game it's in.
    Yet it's the single most important reason for the games incredible success in almost all of the games it's in.

Imagine CS, DOTA, LoL etc without solo q. The games would be much much less popular.

I'm not saying we should have it in WoW (although I do think we should) but it's not something negative in the pure PvP games it's currently used in.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    Yet it's the single most important reason for the games incredible success in almost all of the games it's in.

Imagine CS, DOTA, LoL etc without solo q. The games would be much much less popular.

I'm not saying we should have it in WoW (although I do think we should) but it's not something negative in the pure PvP games it's currently used in.
    That's not what I'm saying.

Solo queue is a good thing, but it brings out the toxicity in nearly everyone that plays it. I've tried solo queue in Dota, LoL and Overwatch, I can't play them because of how cancerous the people are. I actually like Overwatch a lot, but I can't play it because of the people in solo queue.

I think it would be a terrible addition to WoW, it simply wouldn't work in this type of game, mainly for the reasons they stated (summed up on the front page).
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-03-10 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    That's not what I'm saying.

Solo queue is a good thing, but it brings out the toxicity in nearly everyone that plays it. I've tried solo queue in Dota, LoL and Overwatch, I can't play them because of how cancerous the people are. I actually like Overwatch a lot, but I can't play it because of the people in solo queue.

I think it would be a terrible addition to WoW, it simply wouldn't work in this type of game, mainly for the reasons they stated (summed up on the front page).
    Yeah I never said you said those things, I just pointed them out.

Right so I had a long post written about how to solve all the issues Blizzard mentioned (and a company as large as Blizzard should've already realized these solutions are good enough):

- Brackets? Separate. Only allow duo q if they can manage to implement some system where you lose less mmr/rating if you lose to a duo q as a solo q group.
    - Titles? Create separate end of season titles + new highest spec titles seasonal achievement + solo q-only rating achievements.
    - Communication? Implement battle.net chat into solo q, or just let it be and let solo q develop its own meta where good solo q comps can thrive.
    - Comps? Let people select what comps they want to be matched as, and only match them as those comps (say a minimum of 2 comps). That way no one can blame the matchmaking, and everyone is happy. Bad specs will have longer queue times and will thus get more attention from Blizzard and get buffed faster. Make it impossible to request comps with tanks, class stacking and double healers.
    - Queue Times? Anything's better than 2 hours LFG only to have people leave once you lose first / second game. Although I dont personally suffer this problem as I have friends to play with (just barely though, many left) but I've heard lots of stories from others.
    - Toxicity? Hardest one, better report system on scoreboard screen is required to begin with. On top of that GMs dedicated to cleaning things up and very harsh punishments for bad behaviour (mute in solo q, mmr loss, deserter for up to entire season, disqualified from end of season rewards etc) would alleviate it a lot.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    Yeah I never said you said those things, I just pointed them out.

Right so I had a long post written about how to solve all the issues Blizzard mentioned (and a company as large as Blizzard should've already realized these solutions are good enough):

- Brackets? Separate. Only allow duo q if they can manage to implement some system where you lose less mmr/rating if you lose to a duo q as a solo q group.
    - Titles? Create separate end of season titles + new highest spec titles seasonal achievement + solo q-only rating achievements.
    - Communication? Implement battle.net chat into solo q, or just let it be and let solo q develop its own meta where good solo q comps can thrive.
    - Comps? Let people select what comps they want to be matched as, and only match them as those comps (say a minimum of 2 comps). That way no one can blame the matchmaking, and everyone is happy. Bad specs will have longer queue times and will thus get more attention from Blizzard and get buffed faster. Make it impossible to request comps with tanks, class stacking and double healers.
    - Queue Times? Anything's better than 2 hours LFG only to have people leave once you lose first / second game. Although I dont personally suffer this problem as I have friends to play with (just barely though, many left) but I've heard lots of stories from others.
    - Toxicity? Hardest one, better report system on scoreboard screen is required to begin with. On top of that GMs dedicated to cleaning things up and very harsh punishments for bad behaviour (mute in solo q, mmr loss, deserter for up to entire season, disqualified from end of season rewards etc) would alleviate it a lot.
    I just feel like solo queue would be too RNG based to work in such a comp based game where you can't really swap anything out. I feel like adding in a "choose your comp" thing defeats the point of solo queue, it's pretty much the same as premade finder at that point. Remember team builder in league? Queue times were ridiculous even on a game with the amount of people League has. You'd NEVER get accepted playing a shit champ because something better would pop up 30 seconds later. You can say that brings up balance issues, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to balance a game with this many specs and variety, there will always be something stronger than X. The only way to achieve pure balance is by dumbing the game down to the point where there is nothing to balance, which is what I think Blizzard's idea was with the pruning originally.

In games like Overwatch, League, DotA etc the reason why solo queue works is because you pick in the game what comp you want to play. In WoW you are locked to that specific spec and you can't comp, it basically comes down to whoever got lucky and got a viable comp. Obviously not 100% based on that, but it's a massive factor.

There's just too much work to make solo queue work in a game like WoW, I don't know why people want it so much, it will just become one of those super-mega-tryhard games like LoL or CS:GO with cancerous people everywhere. I guess people like that because of Twitch.

The entire system would need to change in order to accommodate solo queue as a viable idea IMO.