Actual herb bot flying around

I don't understand it myself but something needs to be done about it. Earlier this week I noticed one guy on my server put up 10,000 foxflower at a low price(30g each) which at the time it was going for 45-60 each. When I saw this I just put two and two together.

Deleted
    Welcome to WoW, where GMs don't outright ban hackers but watch them for up to 6 months to see what programs they use and how they can be fought efficiently, and then they banwave and there are no hackers anymore...for about a month. Rinse and repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that sometimes you can find legit players selling a lot of stacks on the Auction House, since there are Seed Raids going on and you can farm tons of herbs.
    I doubt you can get 10,000 easily, but 2k - 3k should be reasonable.

About the video, it doesn't look like a normal bot. At least on Pandaria they didn't run/fly like that.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Keep in mind that sometimes you can find legit players selling a lot of stacks on the Auction House, since there are Seed Raids going on and you can farm tons of herbs.
    I doubt you can get 10,000 easily, but 2k - 3k should be reasonable.

About the video, it doesn't look like a normal bot. At least on Pandaria they didn't run/fly like that.
    I had to buy some stuff before transfering back to my main server (TCG deals with some leftovers) so I was browing the AH for stuff to buy. One guy dumped 60k herbs below market value right before raid time. Guy's either a dedicated multiboxer or the stupidest botter in the history of this game

Im pretty sure ive seen bots move exactly like that back in mists.

I wanna know how you can fly

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks like a hack-bot. I seen those back in woltk. I found it fast via quick gogle search (wont link it tho).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    I had to buy some stuff before transfering back to my main server (TCG deals with some leftovers) so I was browing the AH for stuff to buy. One guy dumped 60k herbs below market value right before raid time. Guy's either a dedicated multiboxer or the stupidest botter in the history of this game
    Yes, I agree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ynai View Post
    Im pretty sure ive seen bots move exactly like that back in mists.
    Can't remember seeing them running/flying like that. I remember their path being really smooth.

Can't remember seeing them running/flying like that. I remember their path being really smooth.
    If the bot was not max level or did not learn flying then it looked exactly like on the video

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    If the bot was not max level or did not learn flying then it looked exactly like on the video
    Ohh I see

I have seen those several times as well.

They probably won't fix it straight away because it smooths out the economy because they bloat it from the hacking and bring prices down. Win win because then if prices come down people apparently play more and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    Welcome to WoW, where GMs don't outright ban hackers but watch them for up to 6 months to see what programs they use and how they can be fought efficiently, and then they banwave and there are no hackers anymore...for about a month. Rinse and repeat.
    This. It surprises me that people still don't understand how it works. How else do you think they are going to break the programmes instead of just banning easily re-made accounts?
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-03-04 at 03:21 PM.

Wonder what they do to make it do that.

Haha, that is shady. Do people even bother getting gold illegitimately anymore now that it's so easy to build up?

Saw something similar on an opposite faction DH farming kills at one of the warden towers, they were skipping from one end of the area to the other so fast I couldn't target them before they were out of range. It was like they were chaining fel rush while mounted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    I wanna know how you can fly
    They're using client side position based hacks. Most of the bots like that you see are also account thieves using stolen accounts, so banning them right away (even if that were possible) wouldn't work, they'd just be right back 5 seconds later on the next stolen account.

The few times I am on my herbing Alt I always see those cheaters. It's irritating because Blizzard bans not often enough, they depend on automatic detection. Just pay a team and tell them to gather on Antonidas today and Blackmoore tomorrow and so on and manually swing the ban hammer. The bots are fucking obvious to any human.

blizzard already permanently ruined the economy with garrisons. bots arent even a dent anymore